Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • treasurehoard
    • Dec 2009

^ sometimes they will try to charge your bank 2 times (or more) before they try the back up source. If possible maybe you can cancel that payment and resend it with a different source?

Comment

• alex.a
      • Aug 2008

well the only thing that bugs me is that the paiement on paypal is completed...the item is sent and i have the delivery notice just have to get it by the mail...

Comment

• Nemesis_4
        • Nov 2009

Alright quick dumb question, and I'm sorry I haven't really read through this forum:

So I'm going to purchase an item and the total is around $900, and I have 700 in my paypal account and around 800 in my checking account, if I send the payment, will paypal deduct the money from my paypal acccount first and then my bank account? or vice versa? or something else?

-Sorry this is poorly written and dumb just need a quick answer....

Comment

• mononon
          • Sep 2009

yes, all paypal funds are used before your checking account / credit card is charged.
          calvinc - "Found this place and omg the people here are so cool and they dress super ultra mega well!"

Comment

• alex.a
            • Aug 2008

removed,already answered by mononon

Comment

• Nemesis_4
              • Nov 2009

Originally posted by mononon View Post
              yes, all paypal funds are used before your checking account / credit card is charged.
              Thank you sir, just copped one of my grails, will post pictures when received.

Comment

• MoFiya
                • Sep 2007

I have a question.
                Is it possible to split an amount of, say 20,000 yen into two payments and send them on the same day?
                E.g. pay 5,000 yen once and 15,000 yen on the other payment.

I remeber trying that some time back when paying croatan and I think it didn't work (Paypal gave me some lame answer and then within a day later I could send him payment again).
                Last edited by MoFiya; 07-18-2010, 06:42 AM.
                I have dreams of orca whales and owls
                But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• beardown
                  rekoner
                  • Feb 2009

It should be fine but I don't know the specifics about amount limits per day.
                  There have been a few times when I've sent payment to someone for something and then bought something else from them in the same day when there were multiple listings.
                  And once sent money to Lowrey for something and didn't add shipping so I went back and sent that out within an hour.
                  Last edited by beardown; 07-18-2010, 01:54 PM.
                  Originally posted by mizzar
                  Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• MoFiya
                    • Sep 2007

Thanks for the kind and swift response
                    Last edited by MoFiya; 07-19-2010, 12:47 AM.
                    I have dreams of orca whales and owls
                    But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• endersgame
                      • Aug 2009

this is actually an ebay/paypal question and i didn't see this subject covered..

when you start a new ebay account, ebay will hold your paypal funds for either 20 days or until the seller gives you positive feedback. i guess this is to ensure new ebay members are not frauds. after a certain amount of feedbacks, the holds will be lifted. i read somewhere that once you receive payment, you can refund the buyer a tiny amount like .10 cents, then paypal will clear the payment in your paypal account. this no longer works and i was wondering if anyone knows of another solution?

another question.. buyers and myself often make offers in the ebay messaging system to purchase items listed on ebay privately. i'm fine with this as sellers are only paying the fees to start the ebay auction. but since ebay and paypal now sleep together, do they know people are doing this to avoid ebay final sale fees?

i was also told that if you gift pay in paypal and list your address and item description in the paypal messaging system, paypal will flag it as a commercial transaction and charge you the normal rate. this true?

Comment

• treasurehoard
                        • Dec 2009

Originally posted by endersgame View Post
                        this is actually an ebay/paypal question and i didn't see this subject covered..

1. when you start a new ebay account, ebay will hold your paypal funds for either 20 days or until the seller gives you positive feedback. i guess this is to ensure new ebay members are not frauds. after a certain amount of feedbacks, the holds will be lifted. i read somewhere that once you receive payment, you can refund the buyer a tiny amount like .10 cents, then paypal will clear the payment in your paypal account. this no longer works and i was wondering if anyone knows of another solution?

2 . another question.. buyers and myself often make offers in the ebay messaging system to purchase items listed on ebay privately. i'm fine with this as sellers are only paying the fees to start the ebay auction. but since ebay and paypal now sleep together, do they know people are doing this to avoid ebay final sale fees?

3. i was also told that if you gift pay in paypal and list your address and item description in the paypal messaging system, paypal will flag it as a commercial transaction and charge you the normal rate. this true?
                        1. If they catch you trying to skirt the 21 day hold system they might hold the money for a much longer period of time and not allow you to use paypal. Also could limit/NARU your eBay account. Best way to get these limits removed is sell some stuff to build up your feedback so they no longer hold they payments.

2. Yes they know people are doing this. Will they screen every e-mail to determine it? Probably not. It is just not feasible. However if you end up with a buyer who is upset/not satisfied with the transaction and they report you to eBay that is where you would have an issue. Most likely they will not NARU you for the 1st offense but it can cause loss of powerseller status, account limitations (like not allowing you to list for a certain time period) etc.

3. If you do this a few times they probably will not notice. Most of the accounts getting flagged for this were doing it multiple times. I believe 1 thing they were doing is removing the gift/personal payment option from the offending users accounts.

Comment

• beardown
                          rekoner
                          • Feb 2009

Paypal doesn't mind personal payments when they are between personal accounts. You can write to them directly and they will confirm that they don't mind.
                          I'm guessing this is why: Transactions that take place outside of Ebay are a nightmare for them as you can imagine to regulate. Think of how many people are ripped off and open disputes from forums like sufu, etc.
                          It's almost impossible to get to the bottom of it since it's one person's word against another person's word.

When you send money as a gift, you give up your right to dispute any transaction because officially, none took place.
                          Plus, paypal customers who use the personal service also are paying customers eventually. Not to mention that even if you receive money without paying any fees, that money will stay in their possession for long enough to make some interest off of.

I don't know a lot about current Ebay policies but you can bet that if you send an offer to buy something off of Ebay via the ebay messaging system, you'll eventually get caught and banned. It's a direct violation of the terms when you sign up. Period.
                          If you're going to try something like that, request the seller's email address so you can contact them directly without going through the messaging system. Otherwise, you're asking for trouble if you want to remain a member.
                          Originally posted by mizzar
                          Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• ardeetee
                            • Apr 2007

got an email this weekend from paypal saying that for refunds, they are still refunding the 2.9% but they are keeping the 30 cents. They are also increasing the chargeback fee from $10 to $20.

Comment

• endersgame
                              • Aug 2009

so from what you guys are saying, eBay reads the messages in my personal account to screen for offers made outside ebay? if they have to do that to catch people making offers, that's really messed up..

i've been sending items to so many unconfirmed addresses in the past, i forget that paypal won't protect me if the buyer files a claim for an unauthorized transaction (stolen credit card, etc)

Comment

• treasurehoard
                                • Dec 2009

^ if you are sending messages with the eBay message system then they can read any of them if they choose. Unless your account has been previously flagged for something I doubt they will read them at random. If a buyer reported you for selling outside of ebay or there was an issue where the buyer had a complaint and then contacted eBay to complain eBay would definitely review your messages. Even if you delete them they will still be available in a database somewhere that people who work for eBay can access them.

If you are sending messages by e-mail they cannot read those of course but a buyer could forward them along w/ headers.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎