• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • couturehomme
    • Oct 2008

^^^^^^^^^^

Originally posted by couturehomme View Post
    just an fyi and this is a HUGE one for sellers in our community...

effective nov 1, paypal buyer protection now also applies OFF-EBAY...

yes...you heard it correctly

protection for "item not received" AND "item not as described" both apply to OFF-EBAY transactions now...

i would not be surprised at all if they also extend "payment holds" to off-ebay transactions as well, so that they can mitigate their own risks in offering this new buyer protection

so...some newbie buys a $3k CCP from you on SZ, receives it, claims it is "not as described" and can file a PayPal claim..

and as all paypal claim goes, they just tell the buyer to ship "something" back with confirmation and they'll refund the buyer

guys, be prepared to use other methods and/or only sell to people who you know...
    google checkout ftw!

Comment

• diorowen
      • Aug 2010

haha, this was 15th of November 2010 :(

Originally posted by diorowen View Post
      recently got scammed, bought as payment, and item was damaged and stained. file a claim item not as described. and seller didnt reply any of my msg, so I decided to lift it up, and paypal send me an email saying case closed,

Our investigation into the following transaction is complete. As stated in
      our User Agreement, the claims process only applies to the delivery of
      goods. It does not apply to complaints about the attributes or quality of
      goods received. Therefore, we are unable to reverse this transaction or
      issue a refund.

shitty paypal.. I guess this is the last time I bought something off members online other than from SZ or from person I dealt with before.. dealing with strangers is too risky..
      still trapped in my juvenile state

Comment

• sinbad
        • Dec 2009

Why pay through paypal as gift payment and the account is blocked?

When I am a buyer, not seller.Anyone ever being the same as I do.
        ART IS WHAT YOU MAKE OF IT, NOT WHAT OTHERS TELL YOU IT IS.

Comment

• nictan
          • Jul 2009

anyone bought an item and it turned out damaged and filed a paypal claim? what was the outcome?

ive searched through the thread and have seen mixed reactions on this. though some were pretty old, so hoping to get some (newer, probably) feedback.

thanks for any help in advance

Comment

• mixmaster7_91
            • Oct 2010

Just out of curiousity how long does a claim usually take? My friend recently got claimed against, and now paypal is holding a pretty large sum of money while the claim is being processed, which is pretty stupid seeing that he isn't even at fault...but at the moment he is down $1k+...

edit: this is for a non-eBay item is that makes any difference

Comment

• jumpoff
              • Jan 2008

If someone is paying me via international bank transfer, there is no risk in it for me, right? Should the buyer be fraudulent, there is no way for him doing a chargeback?

Comment

• lowrey
                ventiundici
                • Dec 2006

as far as I know, you can't reverse a bank trasfer.

edit: good point below, make sure its visible in your account as receipts/confirmations are easy to fake.
                "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• couturehomme
                  • Oct 2008

just ensure that funds have cleared in your bank account (+ 1-2 days just in case) before shipping anything...

bank transfers can be cancelled if they have not cleared yet, and it is common for fraudsters to initiate the transfer, show that as "proof" money has been sent, demand items be shipped, then cancel bank transfer once item is en route..

Comment

• dmash
                    • Jun 2011

^Yes, that is correct. I recently asked my own bank about this and they said as soon as the funds are CLEARED into your account, there is absolutely no way for them to reverse it. This can be immediate if they have the same bank as you or around 1 business day if not.

Comment

• shadeeq
                      • Apr 2010

I live in Australia and due to privacy laws here it is impossible to confirm my Paypal address, even though my account is verified. I never had a problem sending payments before until recently someone refused to complete a transaction with me because my address shows up as unconfirmed.
                      If I trust the seller enough to send a gift payment, will there be any risk to the recipient? The sender is unable to make a claim when sending a personal payment, correct?
                      Has any Australian members here been able to successfully confirm their Paypal address?

Comment

• Raw
                        • Oct 2009

No I don't think it's possible...

Comment

• CUTUP
                          • Sep 2009

I sold a pair of pants to a buyer, he had his pants arrive and when he was supposwd to go and pick them up/sign for them, he tried to message me and complain about shipping time ect (ie fish for a partial refund)

He tried this before so I said no. A few days later he filed with paypal and said he didnt recieve his pants. And either he or a family member claimed that that he doesnt live there (ie they checked this off on the package and it is being returned to sender). Funny considering its still the same adress on his paypal account

I am now dealing with a frozen account and a pair of pants on their way back to me that I will get hit for the return shipping on

I have never dealt with this before, what can I expect?
                          Last edited by CUTUP; 09-26-2011, 07:56 PM.
                          Originally posted by marco-von
                          this all hurts my brain more than child birth hurts vagina's.

Comment

• eleven crows
                            • Mar 2011

i've had the same issue. you can expect for paypal to side with him and to sodomise you relentlessly. if you've got a copy of the tracking receipt then scan it and send a copy to paypal. ask them to confirm the address against the one on his account. if you don't have a receipt, well, you could be boned.

Comment

• CUTUP
                              • Sep 2009

Good call

I still have the original receipt with his paypal adress on it. I should have thought of that

I added a note in the claim to let them know if they need it I would fax it over
                              Originally posted by marco-von
                              this all hurts my brain more than child birth hurts vagina's.

Comment

• tricky
                                • May 2010

I've dealt some times with problems like that.

It's indispensable to have all receipts, tracking info and therefore the proof to have done everything right. I've made several paypal disputes for sellers not sending or sending wrong items. I always won, at least till now. I guess paypal has a database or history of records for every user. If your feedback is ok and you always provide the information they need in time, you get a certain reputation and win most of your cases. But I can't prove this.
                                in Search for Augusta Thermic Cordovan Boots size 44

WTB: Ann D. black high top sneakers size 45

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎