Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MoFiya
    • Sep 2007

Will def. keep the shipping notice. I was just unaware that paypal still covers me if I send the item back without opening a case?!
    On the other hand, paypal advises the custumer to first contact the seller in order to solve the problem (same for eBay). And the seller does accept returns and offers the refund on return.
    I am just a little paranoid that in the end, I send the item back (signed), seller doesnt refund me and Paypal fucks around because I did something wrong...
    I have dreams of orca whales and owls
    But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• diorowen
      • Aug 2010

Well thats why i think its better to file a dispute first. Nothing to lose. Might sound a bit rude, but i believe in the end, filing dispute wont bring any loss for the seller. Since the seller have to refund you anyway. So in my opinion, fill the dispute without escalating the claims, and when the seller receive the item, its easier for him to find the transaction history as well.
      Thats just my opinion. But I believe, that if you do send the item back without filling the dispute won't do harm as well, if things get crazy, you can raise your dispute and show paypal the proof of shipping you had.
      still trapped in my juvenile state

Comment

• BBSCCP
        • Feb 2010

^just give PP a call and ask if it has any negative consequences not filing a dispute

Comment

• treasurehoard
          • Dec 2009

Filling a dispute isn't necessary if the seller is working with you on the return. It can potentially tie up all of the money in the sellers account (not just your refund amount), can cause the seller to have future holds on funds etc. Opened dispute are also tied to seller performance standards and seller discounts like top rated status/fee discount. Should only file a dispute/claim if the seller is not working with you.

You can always file a dispute after the fact if the seller does not issue a refund upon return of the merchandise.

Comment

• MoFiya
            • Sep 2007

Thanks for the advice, all.
            Seems like all is going well. Seller refunded me on wednsday. However, the transaction is still "pending" on Paypal and I don't have the money yet. Dunno what's up with that...
            I have dreams of orca whales and owls
            But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• wurm
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by MoFiya View Post
              Thanks for the advice, all.
              Seems like all is going well. Seller refunded me on wednsday. However, the transaction is still "pending" on Paypal and I don't have the money yet. Dunno what's up with that...
              I think it just takes a while before it goes through. I've had similar experiences.

Comment

• savant
                • Jul 2011

Not naming any names here and I don't want to sound like a whiner.

Recently bought an RO piece as I knew that piece was meant to be sized up. I wanted a tagged 48 (to fit 46) and explicitly ask the seller whats the tagged size as per conversation below. Received the item and it was actually a tagged 50, and looks large on me

He's a reputable seller, I've bought 2 items here on SZ with no issues, and I rather not make a fuss here. Just wondering what your thoughts are. I would prefer a return and willing to go halves on shipping with the seller

By all means, I am not insulting nor disrespecting the seller. I opened a dispute on Paypal just to cover myself, that's all

Any thoughts/advice much appreciated

===========
                Seller replied:
                ===========
                Hey man,

Well it isnt too warm for me no, as I live in xxx so it is fine. It is tagged as M in Rick which is a 48.

Lemme know,
                xxx

==============
                My query to seller
                ==============
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by poopbong
                what is the tagged size ?

50, 48 or 46 ?
                Last edited by savant; 07-18-2012, 10:48 PM.

Comment

• sshum88
                  • Dec 2007

I think I know the piece you are talking about and thought all pieces from that season were sized using the EU system (46/48/50 etc). So I'm a little confused as to why the seller said it was tagged a M rather than a 48 or 50. Did the seller give you a tag with a M on it?

Did you look at measurements prior to purchase? I know it's not the best indicator at times, but not really much else to go on when you are buying online.

I don't believe the seller intentionally mislead you in this case so I would see what the seller is willing to do outside of getting paypal involved.

Originally posted by poopbong View Post
                  Recently bought an RO piece as I knew that piece was meant to be sized up. I wanted a tagged 48 (to fit 46) Received the item and it was actually a tagged 50, and looks large on me

Any thoughts/advice much appreciated

===========
                  Seller replied:
                  ===========
                  Hey man,

Well it isnt too warm for me no, as I live in xxx so it is fine. It is tagged as M in Rick which is a 48.

Lemme know,
                  xxx

==============
                  My query to seller
                  ==============
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by poopbong
                  what is the tagged size ?

50, 48 or 46 ?
                  Originally posted by eat me
                  If you can't see the work past the fucking taped seams , cold dye wash or raw hems - perhaps you shouldn't really be looking at all.

Comment

• savant
                    • Jul 2011

I did not ask for measurements no.

I knew what size i needed because I have a friend who had a FW11 Limo melton blazer in size 46. I tried it and felt like a 44, very snug on me, so I knew what i needed

Seller did not show me photos of the tag but the link below is from my camera. I truly believe it was unintentional. There is a M but I am pretty it represents the material which is Melton

Correct me if i'm wrong but pretty sure
                    44 = XS
                    46 = S
                    48 = M
                    50 = L
                    52 = XL

Originally posted by sshum88 View Post
                    I think I know the piece you are talking about and thought all pieces from that season were sized using the EU system (46/48/50 etc). So I'm a little confused as to why the seller said it was tagged a M rather than a 48 or 50. Did the seller give you a tag with a M on it?

Did you look at measurements prior to purchase? I know it's not the best indicator at times, but not really much else to go on when you are buying online.

I don't believe the seller intentionally mislead you in this case so I would see what the seller is willing to do outside of getting paypal involved.
                    Last edited by savant; 07-19-2012, 12:31 AM.

Comment

• sshum88
                      • Dec 2007

Well the tagged size is definitely a 50. Your guide can only be an approximate as I don't think there was ever a 44 issued. Plus the sizing/style on the pieces I tried on that season meant you had to size up one in order to get the right fit.

Best way is to see if something can be worked out with the seller.

Originally posted by poopbong View Post
                      Seller did not show me photos of the tag but the link below is from my camera. I truly believe it was unintentional. There is a M but I am pretty it represents the material which is Melton

Correct me if i'm wrong but pretty sure
                      44 = XS
                      46 = S
                      48 = M
                      50 = L
                      52 = XL
                      Originally posted by eat me
                      If you can't see the work past the fucking taped seams , cold dye wash or raw hems - perhaps you shouldn't really be looking at all.

Comment

• magic
                        • Feb 2009

anyone can give some tips on how to transfer paypal balance to bank account?
                        Focusing on object details

Comment

• Raw
                          • Oct 2009

If your bank account is linked to your paypal account then you can just withdraw funds into your account. If you havn't set that up then you need to set up your bank account as a funding source.

Comment

• 0JSIMPS0N
                            Banned
                            • Jun 2011

Yeah just link your bank account to paypal if you haven't already. Just a heads up though, paypal usually takes a while to do so, over here in canada its something like 5-8 business days for the transfer to be cleared

Comment

• magic
                              • Feb 2009

Thanks guys. The problem is they want both name on account and bank to be the same than they can process..
                              Focusing on object details

Comment

• lowrey
                                ventiundici
                                • Dec 2006

Looking for a second opinion - I have a guy wanting to buy something from me on Ebay, but he is saying he needs to pay in two parts because his credit card can only be used for a certain amount at a time which is a bit less than the item cost. does this sound sketchy?

Any thoughts on whether there is a way of doing this safely? if I invoice him through ebay/paypal, I assume I can only put the full amount, and if I discount it, I have no guarantee that he will pay the rest, right?
                                "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎