Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sshum88
    • Dec 2007

What is everyone's experience here regarding shipping to unconfirmed Paypal addresses? The buyer is in Thailand.

I listed an ad on SuFu to get rid of some denim. In the ad it stated that I would only ship to confirmed Paypal addresses...in addition with the last exchange with the buyer, I once again indicated that I would only ship to a confirmed Paypal address.

When I checked the Paypal payment this morning, it shows an unconfirmed address. I contacted the buyer and asked him to resolve this. He indicated that Paypal will not confirm his address. I looked into this on Paypal and it appears that Paypal will confirm based on adding a credit card. Buyer also has 42 positive feedback on EBay.

What would you do...ship or not ship?
    Originally posted by eat me
    If you can't see the work past the fucking taped seams , cold dye wash or raw hems - perhaps you shouldn't really be looking at all.

Comment

• bestial
      • Jun 2008

I don't think adresses outside the US can be confirmed?

Comment

• ironman
        • Apr 2008

that's not true. i was looking through my e-mails, and it always seems to say that the address is unconfirmed for non USA/Canada addresses

BUT when i log in to my PayPal and view the transaction pages, i see that some of them are in fact confirmed addresses. here is one recently from a buyer in Denmark:

i don't know if it applies to all countries of course, but i would say they can still be confirmed

i think nowadays you are "partially eligible" for Seller Protection if you ship to an unconfirmed with tracking?
        Last edited by ironman; 09-17-2009, 08:45 AM.

Comment

• jgan85
          • Apr 2008

most non-continental US & Canada addresses can't be confirmed - while they may have extended that to cover Scandinavia, i very much doubt Asia is covered as yet.
          ________
          VAPIR ONE REVIEWS
          Last edited by jgan85; 04-05-2011, 08:23 PM.

Comment

• bestial
            • Jun 2008

I have to look that up, would be great if it's true. like a year ago when I tried I couldn't get it confirmed.

Comment

• Nikov
              • Nov 2008

i believe that you are still partially eligible if you ship to an unconfirmed address. However, you have to get the buyer to confirm the address outside of paypal, either by email or PM. And you have to ship the item with some sort of tracking/delivery confirmation.

For international shipping, the latter requirement sucks, but you may ask the buyer to pay the extra.

Comment

• jgan85
                • Apr 2008

bestial --> i was living in sweden up till three months ago and i couldn't get my address confirmed either, so its either really recent or its just denmark.

nikov --> if you're shipping from the US, i think you're covered as long as you ship via a service with actual tracking (as opposed to those that merely say "item shipped US XX/XX/2009" and "item arrived at ?country? XX/XX/2009". and as a buyer, i absolutely hate paying $30 for shipping for a simple item for the sake of the seller's security, but i think that's the way the system makes it for now.

J

EDIT --> wrt bestial, below - agreed its all about allocating the risk of loss between the seller and buyer, and in most cases both sides are amenable to negotiation over the shipping price.
                ________
                CHOLESTEROL ADVICE
                Last edited by jgan85; 04-05-2011, 08:23 PM.

Comment

• bestial
                  • Jun 2008

well looked briefly yesterday, didn't find anything.

to chip in to the tracking discussion. I always want to send with tracking, not only because of eliminating the risk to get screwed by a buyer complaining to paypal on false premises. but to eliminate the risk of it getting lost. have had packages get lost in the mail and it's always a big hassle "who's gonna take the blame", when we all now that it's the postoffice fault. I don't want to pay for their mistakes.

so if a buyer don't want to pay for extra shipping he should be alarmed that if it get's lost it's his loss. but if it gets pay by paypal that oral agreement won't get long when a claim is raised of course.

Comment

• ironman
                    • Apr 2008

buying tracking reduces the risk of it getting lost, but does not eliminate it entirely

i've had two transactions where after landing in the destination country, the tracking just stopped. luckily, Canada Post was true to their word and refunded the declared value

if you are sending a very expensive item, your best bet would be to declare full value so that if it gets lost, you won't get screwed even if PayPal screws you

Comment

• nictan
                      • Jul 2009

something i dont quite understand. why is it necessary for a seller to ship to a confirmed address? is there a chance he might get scammed if it isnt? but the payment transaction has already gone thru, hasnt it?

or is it a moral issue to get things shipped to where they belong?

Comment

• ironman
                        • Apr 2008

if the address is not confirmed, and a buyer opens a dispute claim on PayPal (saying they didn't receive the item or whatever), then the seller is only partially eligible for protection

this means that even if they paid for online tracking, they can still lose the dispute and lose some money

i'm not sure when (maybe it is no longer true), but sometimes as well if the buyer has an unconfirmed address the seller may not be eligible for protection from fraudulent disputes at all

Comment

• nictan
                          • Jul 2009

oh right, i get it. thanks for the clarification. :)

Comment

• quiet noise
                            Banned
                            • Dec 2008

Paypal is really giving me à headache. My father lives and works abroad, and he used to send me some cash once in a while through paypal.now, for some reason paypal thought there was something suspicious about it so they froze both our accounts and filed a claim against My dad.

We explained the situation to them and the investigation was closed, but they still required me to provide à legitimate proof of adress. I sent them a scanned copy of a Bill invoice, wich was ignored for two weeks until i called their customer support and practily asked them what the hell they where doing.

I was then told that the invoice i sent was invalid as proof, because it didnt include a state in the adress field. The problem is that In sweden, like most european countries, States only have à brief symbolic value and is never ever used in mailing or shipping situations so there is no way im going to be able to provide a proof of adress that includes the name of my state (wich is the same as the name of My fucking city)

Comment

• ironman
                              • Apr 2008

he/you should try Moneybookers

i've used it a couple of times with no problem. from what i can remember, there are no fees if your dad is sending you money from his bank account (as opposed to a credit card etc.)

Comment

• nictan
                                • Jul 2009

isnt there something like online banking over there? like you can just transfer money between two bank accounts online. that way, you dont even have to go through a third party to handle your money.

at least thats what we have here. as long as both parties have an account in that bank, you can just go online to carry out the transaction. it works between different banks too, just that you need more information, but everything is still handled within the bank itself, and not a third party

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎