Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eleven crows
    • Mar 2011

It's under 'conversion options' if memory serves. Paypal's exchange rate is pure turd.

Comment

• volta
      • May 2009

stumbled upon this. that's some bullshit. they don't even try to stop it since they earn extra fees they take on the chargeback itself.
      Last edited by volta; 12-04-2012, 02:39 AM.

Comment

• Dawn
        • Mar 2009

I'd like to purchase something in full through my credit card, but I currently have funds in my PayPal account that I'd preferably like to keep in there instead. It seems like PP automatically goes through your PP funds before using anything else. Is there a way to avoid this?

Tia!

Comment

• voice_on_tape
          • Jun 2011

I'm pretty sure there is now the option to modify this. Before you submit payment it will tell you $x.xx PayPal balance and $x.xx cc. Beside that there should be modify link. I know in the past that was not an option but it is now. Though I am a PayPal premier user, so maybe that's one of the premier perks.
          -v_o_t
          sale items

Comment

• ironman
            • Apr 2008

Originally posted by Dawn View Post
            I'd like to purchase something in full through my credit card, but I currently have funds in my PayPal account that I'd preferably like to keep in there instead. It seems like PP automatically goes through your PP funds before using anything else. Is there a way to avoid this?

Tia!
            temporarily convert the currency of the balance of funds that you have to something else. example:

1) balance funds are USD, you intend to pay credit card USD
            2) use currency conversion tool to change USD funds to JPY
            3) pay with credit card USD
            4) use currency conversion tool change now JPY funds back to USD
            Last edited by ironman; 12-28-2012, 11:58 AM.

Comment

• nictan
              • Jul 2009

im pretty sure you wouldnt get back the same amount in USD at the end no?

Comment

• ironman
                • Apr 2008

i have done this several times

the exchange rate doesn't change within the 5 minutes it takes to send money. that 2.5% currency conversion fee goes both ways

unless they've changed their..."rules"

Comment

• Dawn
                  • Mar 2009

^ I haven't tried that, but thanks!

Great news for us Canadian sellers not having to ship without costing an arm and a leg for much longer.

On February 11th 2013, Canada Post will introduce two lower-cost trackable services for US and International shipments: Tracked Packet™ – USA and Tracked Packet™ – International. These services will be an attractive option for eBay sellers with shipments under 1kg to the USA, or under 2kg to other supported countries.

With the upcoming introduction of these two new services, Canada Post will retire the Small Packet – USA Ground service effective January 14th for customers using PayPal label printing. Small Packet – USA Ground service will be retired effective February 11th at Post Offices. Small Packet – International (Air & Ground) and Small Packet – USA Air will continue to be available at Post Offices and via PayPal label printing.

Comment

• ironman
                    • Apr 2008

good news dawn!

we'll see how much cheaper it actually is. for shipping to the US, Expedited Parcel-USA is fairly priced, especially if printing through paypal (you get a discount)

it's really hard to sell internationally when buyers aren't even willing to split the $60+ it costs for tracked service

Comment

• Dawn
                      • Mar 2009

Originally posted by ironman View Post
                      good news dawn!

we'll see how much cheaper it actually is. for shipping to the US, Expedited Parcel-USA is fairly priced, especially if printing through paypal (you get a discount)

it's really hard to sell internationally when buyers aren't even willing to split the $60+ it costs for tracked service

Yeah, Expedited Parcel-USA is decently priced. I used to ship using Small Packet Air and then later realized that Expedited wasn't much of a difference in pricing. Plus, you also save a little from using your Venture One card if you've got one.

International however, is just beyond crazy. I'm really curious to see how these new methods will turn out. I've lost a lot of money sending internationally and also lost lots of sales because of buyers not wanting to pay that extra for shipping, but I can't blame them.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Ever since the Pay After Delivery option became available, I've took advantage of it and found it extremely convenient knowing that my next payday will arrive in time before the payment gets debited after the 21 days when I make a purchase.

To my disappointment, I just found out that this option is only available if you're purchasing through eBay or an online store. There's a couple of things I tried to pay for manually by using the seller's PP address, but the PAD option wasn't available as a method of payment. There's goes a couple of great pieces I was hoping to get. :-(
                      Last edited by Dawn; 01-15-2013, 03:54 AM.

Comment

• 0JSIMPS0N
                        Banned
                        • Jun 2011

those new canada post services sounds great. shipping to the US has never been much of a problem for the most part. but a while back shipped a pair of jeans to australia that fit into an envelop yet still ran me like 60 bucks with my venture one. they have options for like $20 that takes 7-10 days but you dont get a tracking # and some scumbags will take advantage of that fact and file a dispute even if they receive the item

Comment

• ironman
                          • Apr 2008

i haven't shipped with it yet, but you can calculate approximate price for "Tracked Packet - Intl" with "Find a Rate" on the Canadapost website

the cheapest i can get it for seems to be $47.25 CAD...i don't think it's much cheaper tbh but i guess just take what you can get

Comment

• blackfedora
                            • Jan 2012

I did a similar "find a rate" online and got a comparable shipping cost to yours ironman, but when I went to the post office, the option offered online was not available in store. The post master said he had never heard of this new "tracked packet international"....I tried to explain it was a new option but the language barriers stopped further inquiries. Maybe the electronic system at the post office hasn't been fully updated yet....

Comment

• brettwagg
                              • Jan 2013

Originally posted by blackfedora View Post
                              I did a similar "find a rate" online and got a comparable shipping cost to yours ironman, but when I went to the post office, the option offered online was not available in store. The post master said he had never heard of this new "tracked packet international"....I tried to explain it was a new option but the language barriers stopped further inquiries. Maybe the electronic system at the post office hasn't been fully updated yet....
                              On February 11th 2013, Canada Post will introduce two lower-cost trackable services for US and International shipments: Tracked Packet™ – USA and Tracked Packet™ – International. These services will be an attractive option for eBay sellers with shipments under 1kg to the USA, or under 2kg to other supported countries.
                              AFAIK this is not something that can be used at present

Also one thing i've noticed is that shipping at the post office compared to printing the shipping labels at your home through paypal, it's much more expensive in person. I tried to ship a package at the postal office during the holidays and it was $26 at the counter, went back to my parents house and hooked up their printer to do it online and it came to $17. I mean you have to get a scale and everything but if you ship a volume of packages it's much more convenient plus you don't have to do all the customs info which is a pain
                              Last edited by brettwagg; 01-20-2013, 12:17 PM.

Comment

• kurruptz
                                • Jan 2013

anyone ever get scammed when using paypal? if so how were they reimbursed/ if at all. And how long did it take? Im currently contemplating a purchase a pair of geobaskets, and im not sure if its a scam or not. Just wondering incase.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎