Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chinorlz
    • Sep 2006

In my experience, you're out of luck. Best case scenario, paypal freezes the funds and has the guy send them back to you with proof of tracking/delivery confirmation and then when you receive the items back you refund the guy.

Could be worse... I made the mistake of sending an iphone to Russia via ebay via USPS Priority mail and they claimed it never arrived because Russian post doesn't note that it was delivered so they filed a nonreceipt claim and bam I'm out $350 and a phone.
    www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Raw
      • Oct 2009

That's what I'm afraid of.

The guy even linked paypal to Context Clothing how to measure jeans guide

Comment

• MoFiya
        • Sep 2007

Paypal is such a shitty company for sellers...

I am currently messing around with them as well as I have an ongoing refund which is still marked as "open" since May, 13th.
        I have dreams of orca whales and owls
        But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• curiouscharles
          • Jan 2008

Raw,

As far as I know / have researched, SNAD (significantly not as described) claims can only be made for Ebay purchases.

Paypal only protects buyers with INR (item not received) claims outside of Ebay.

Reference;

-

Comment

• Raw
            • Oct 2009

Really? Strange coz that's what he's filed. I hope this means he won't win.

Comment

• curiouscharles
              • Jan 2008

I would contact Paypal customer support [by phone] and bring this up with them specifically.

Surprised he could even initiate such a claim, but I think their policy should be in your favor in this circumstance.

At worst, they'll make him send them back to you with a tracking number, and once received, they'll refund him the money [as Chinorlz has said].

Anything more drastic would only happen in an item not received claim afaik.

Either way, good luck! [ed: and keep us updated!]

-

Comment

• treasurehoard
                • Dec 2009

SNAD claims can be made on all qualifying transactions done through PayPal(not just on eBay). Previously buyers could not do this but maybe 2 years ago they changed the policy and started allowing it. In most cases it is probably better to tell the buyer to return the item, then risk fighting the claim. If you fight the claim sometimes PayPal will give the buyer the money back and let them keep the item.

Comment

• Raw
                  • Oct 2009

Thanks, I just e-mailed them as their phone lines are closed at this time. I'll call them tomorrow.

Comment

• Raw
                    • Oct 2009

UPDATE!

Status
                    This claim has been decided in your favour.

The listing accurately described the item the buyer received.

What happens next

Any temporary hold placed on your funds will be released.

I'm so glad Paypal was able to review this case so fast and properly.
                    Good to know their seller protection is not so bad after all.

Comment

• MoFiya
                      • Sep 2007

Wow, really great to hear that!
                      I have dreams of orca whales and owls
                      But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• curiouscharles
                        • Jan 2008

very glad to hear this, good guys for the win!

-

Comment

• Chinorlz
                          • Sep 2006

Holy shit! That is epic! A rare win for the seller :) Awesome news man!
                          www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Raw
                            • Oct 2009

Yeah, I just provided paypal with as much info and reasoning as I can.
                            Also pointing out how the picture the buyer provided of him measuring the thigh width was distorting the position of parts to make them look that way.

Comment

• shdws
                              • Sep 2011

Someone please help .
                              (I am an absolute noob with paypal)

If I purchase something from someone via paypal (I linked my debit card to it) and say if the items arrives and is not legit or is not what it is supposed to be OR the seller does not send the item.

Am I covered?

Or do I have to link a credit card to my paypal account to be covered?

I would of skimmed the 24 Pages worth but I am very short on time to read through it all as I need to make my first purchase through Paypal in a moment.

Thank you so much for whoever helps, this is absolutely unknown territory for me.

Also: This is not through ebay but through styleforum
                              Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people

Comment

• cloonz
                                • Aug 2011

shdws, as long as your Paypal account is in good standing you are covered. You also shouldn't pay as gift ever but there is still a way to get reimbursed if you get scammed.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎