Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beyondthemeans
    • Sep 2008

So I bought this Damir coat on ebay. Picked it up yesterday and it's got all kinds of defects; wrong tension setting on the hem causing puckering, sleeve lining coming out when worn... None of this was in his description on ebay, it even said "new and unworn".

I've contacted the seller about this, but he's not willing to co-operate at all. He says I have to wait what paypal says about it, before I can send it back to him.
    I don't want this coat since It's not what I expected at all, I would've kept it if it came without the weird defects.
    Should I send it back to him with tracking and insure already? Or do as he says and wait what paypal decides.
    Last edited by beyondthemeans; 03-02-2014, 06:43 AM.

Comment

• schuur
      • Oct 2013

Originally posted by beyondthemeans View Post
      So I bought this Damir coat on ebay. Picked it up yesterday and it's got all kinds of defects; wrong tension setting on the hem causing puckering, sleeve lining coming out when worn... None of this was in his description on ebay, it even said "new and unworn".

I've contacted the seller about this, but he's not willing to co-operate at all. He says I have to wait what paypal says about it, before I can send it back to him.
      I don't want this coat since It's not what I expected at all, I would've kept it if it came without the weird defects.
      Should I send it back to him with tracking and insure already? Or do as he says and wait what paypal decides.
      "new and unworn" really has nothing to do with manufacturing defects but if they were not described yeah you will win. but dont send the coat back until you get your money back or you could be screwed out of both.

Comment

• beyondthemeans
        • Sep 2008

Cheers!

Comment

• ian+
          • Dec 2011

Originally posted by beyondthemeans View Post

you should first open a paypal case.
          ...bombing the bass, blasting the beat

Comment

• beyondthemeans
            • Sep 2008

Thanks guys.

He already replied to me that he will accept the return if I'll pay for the shippingcosts he had shipping the item to me and the shippingcosts for the return. Should I accept this? Or upgrade it to a claim so I let paypal decide whether I need to pay shipping both ways?
            I think it's kind of ridiculous that I will have to pay for the shipping while the item is not what I thought I was buying in the first place.

Comment

• lowrey
              ventiundici
              • Dec 2006

You shouldn't have to pay shipping if the seller is incapable of describing his goods properly. Can't remember for sure how it works if you file a claim, but I'd imagine you'd get refunded for shipping costs too if you win. But this is just an assumption.
              "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• beyondthemeans
                • Sep 2008

Cheers. Thanks for all the input guys. I'll upgrade it to a claim.

Comment

• Distorbiant
                  • Jul 2013

Include photos with a clear list of issues with your purchase and you may get the seller to eat the return cost. It's typically ebay policy for the buyer to pay return shipping, but it can go either way as far as keeping the seller's item entirely.

Comment

• newp
                    • Feb 2013

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                    You shouldn't have to pay shipping if the seller is incapable of describing his goods properly. Can't remember for sure how it works if you file a claim, but I'd imagine you'd get refunded for shipping costs too if you win. But this is just an assumption.
                    Unfortunately, paypal claim can't affect return shipping. I once was hit by it when a seller sent me torn clothes, so I've remembered my lesson well.

Comment

• BrokenBoards
                      • Jan 2014

Any sellers had to deal with an "item not received" dispute via PayPal/eBay since both parties finally synced up their policy on "signature confirmation only required on transactions valued at $750 or greater?"

It was $250 for PayPal and $750 for eBay for quite some time, which never really made sense to me...but all of that aside...

Sold an item on eBay (non-forum related garb / $300 value), shipped via USPS with Delivery Confirmation, package marked as "delivered" when tracked, seller claims they haven't received item and wants to open a PayPal claim.

"I would use lard if it came in a pretty bottle."

Comment

• newp
                        • Feb 2013

Originally posted by BrokenBoards View Post
                        Any sellers had to deal with an "item not received" dispute via PayPal/eBay since both parties finally synced up their policy on "signature confirmation only required on transactions valued at $750 or greater?"

It was $250 for PayPal and $750 for eBay for quite some time, which never really made sense to me...but all of that aside...

Sold an item on eBay (non-forum related garb / $300 value), shipped via USPS with Delivery Confirmation, package marked as "delivered" when tracked, seller claims they haven't received item and wants to open a PayPal claim.

No matter as long as it's marked as delivered: it's delivered.

Comment

• mikko
                          • Apr 2013

Originally posted by Trouble
                          I am sure this has been brought up before but Paypal's currency exchange rates are absolute bullshit.

Making me pay extra for no reason...
                          That's just the old way as to how exchange bureaus work, especially those that advertise they don't take a commission! ;)

Comment

• ironman
                            • Apr 2008

i agree that PayPal's exchange rate is bullshit, but they do tell you they charge a 2.5% currency conversion fee on top of whatever they say the going rate is

Everything customers need to know about transaction fees for buying with PayPal, sending and receiving money, making payments and exchange rates.

Comment

• Dawn
                              • Mar 2009

^ You can actually avoid PayPal's silly exchange rate when sending money, but only when you're using your CC. You have two conversion options, "The PayPal currency conversion process", which is the default, and "Bill me in the currency listed on the seller's invoice". When making a transaction, you have to change your conversion options under payment method to "Bill me in the currency listed on the seller's invoice", rather than having PayPal handle the conversion for you.

Comment

• Icarium
                                • Oct 2010

Wow that's a serious money saving pro tip. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎