X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ironman
    • Apr 2008

most credit cards charge 2.5% currency conversion fee as well though

you would have to do 2 transactions in the same day for the same currency to compare which (PayPal or your credit card company) has a more true to market rate

i used to do that too, but found that they were more or less the same. this was years ago though

Comment

• Dawn
      • Mar 2009

I have always found that PayPal is charging more than the market rate, even when my credit card company is also charging the 2.5% currency conversion fee.

When making large payments, I usually set my options back to letting PayPal handle the exchange rate and I would screen capture it, and then switch it back to the other to process my payment(s). Once it gets posted onto my credit card account, I would compare the two, and have found that PayPal would have charged me more if I used their exchange rate. But maybe that's just my luck

Comment

• ironman
        • Apr 2008

nope sounds like you checked it pretty good! i should switch back to using my credit card's currency conversion

i can't remember, but i thought that if you do that, the currency conversion is not the transaction date, but rather at the time of billing? which means the currency conversion can go either way

Comment

• neongud
          • Mar 2013

Anybody of you got experiences with paypal disputes when you live outside of the states? Am I eligible for buyers protection at all?

Comment

• mikko
            • Apr 2013

Originally posted by neongud View Post
            Anybody of you got experiences with paypal disputes when you live outside of the states? Am I eligible for buyers protection at all?
            Yeah, of course.

Comment

• snafu
              • Apr 2008

I wish i knew this a few years/even months ago!
              thanks Dawn

Originally posted by Dawn View Post
              ^ You can actually avoid PayPal's silly exchange rate when sending money, but only when you're using your CC. You have two conversion options, "The PayPal currency conversion process", which is the default, and "Bill me in the currency listed on the seller's invoice". When making a transaction, you have to change your conversion options under payment method to "Bill me in the currency listed on the seller's invoice", rather than having PayPal handle the conversion for you.

Comment

• BillKillgore
                • Sep 2012

Most banks are very humane with their exchange rates compared to paypal. Paypal easily takes another 5% after converting currencies while my bank ends up costing me 0 to 1.5%.

Comment

• destroymebaby
                  • Aug 2012

Is it true that you can't send money as gift when you use Paypal in China?
                  The morning is not enough.

Comment

• sshum88
                    • Dec 2007

Paypal will soon be introducing better return policies than all retail stores - try it on for 6 months and then return it when you get bored of it:

//

Amendments to the PayPal User Agreement
                    Effective Date: November 18, 2014

We encourage you to carefully review this Policy Update to familiarize yourself with all of the changes that are being made to the PayPal User Agreement. These updates will be posted at least 30 days prior to their effective date. These changes will not apply retroactively and will become effective November 18, 2014. If you use PayPal after the date these changes become effective, we will take that usage as your consent to the changed terms.

Dispute Filing Window
                    We’re increasing the time for buyers to file a merchandise dispute (Item Not Received and Significantly Not as Described) from 45 days to 180 days. All references in the User Agreement to “Opening a Dispute within 45 days” have been updated to reflect “Opening a Dispute within 180 days.” The Sections these changes appear include the Introduction, 3.15, 13.2 and 13.5.
                    Last edited by sshum88; 10-18-2014, 01:56 PM.
                    Originally posted by eat me
                    If you can't see the work past the fucking taped seams , cold dye wash or raw hems - perhaps you shouldn't really be looking at all.

Comment

• neongud
                      • Mar 2013

Great, so now a buyer can wear the item for 6 months before making a claim and getting his money back.

Originally posted by sshum88 View Post
                      "All references in the User Agreement to “Opening a Dispute within 45 days” have been updated to reflect “Opening a Dispute within 180 days.” [/SIZE]

Comment

• destroymebaby
                        • Aug 2012

Jesus.

Comment

• destroymebaby
                          • Aug 2012

But I'm sending something to a completely unknown guy in China - he claims that he can't pay as gift, is this true?

Comment

• maahno
                            • Mar 2013

Originally posted by destroymebaby View Post
                            But I'm sending something to a completely unknown guy in China - he claims that he can't pay as gift, is this true?
                            Yes)

Comment

• nictan
                              • Jul 2009

not only china, paypal in quite a few countries do not have the gift/personal option. singapore too, and japan (iirc).

singapore paypal accounts used to have the gift/personal payment option until 1-2 years ago. kinda annoying.

Comment

• destroymebaby
                                • Aug 2012

I see. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎