Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 681

Thread: Buying & Selling Online using Paypal

  1. #61

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vikeid View Post
    also, if i make a payment and have for example 50$ on my paypal account. will they first use them and then use the money on my credit card when i make a payment?
    Yes, that's right.

  2. #62

    Default

    How do i provide a proof of business? like the most of you i only buy and sell clothes here and on sufu.

  3. #63

    Default

    /\ you don't necessary have to provide a proof of business. Faced the same problem at the time I opened up a PayPal account. Just inform them by phone that you accidentally opened up a wrong type of account, and are unable to provide any proof of business.

  4. #64

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vikeid View Post
    have checked around paypal for awhile but not found the info i needed. is it wise to upgrade my account now when i have been selling some stuff? before this ive remembered they took like.. maybe 6% of my money? but reasently i think it was around 4% but i dont find any info how much it costs to upgrade my account (if i even need it) or the exact amount of money they take. i havnt changed my account since i made it some year ago.

    also, if i make a payment and have for example 50$ on my paypal account. will they first use them and then use the money on my credit card when i make a payment?

    they will use your paypal balance first than you credit card money.
    Focusing on object details

  5. #65

    Default

    my previous 'successful' claim remains unsatisfied because the seller has withdrawn all funds, and paypal doesn't guarantee refund for loss (some quiet amendments to the User Agreement) - have one claim pending against a scumbag eBay seller (the usual, i.e. poor communication, claims item is shipped, item doesn't arrive after three weeks, charges exorbitant shipping but somehow doesn't have tracking/shipping information, deny everything) - if that doesn't turn out well I will have lost any remaining faith in PayPal.

    on the bright side, if it works out well I either get Yohji pants and Rick slacks, or my money back.
    ________
    Homemade vaporizor
    Last edited by jgan85; 04-05-2011 at 08:27 PM.

  6. #66

    Default

    when using paypal, make sure you 10000% use your credit card (especially amex or discover)

    any problems you have that is not being worked out, don't even bother with that shoddy paypal dispute process..

    it is 100% automated UNLESS you call....only when you call will someone actually look at the claim..

    once you have real problems, call your credit card company

  7. #67
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Both Sides of the Atlantic
    Posts
    143

    Default

    Has anyone been getting a 3005 error when trying to send personal payments?

    I can't seem to send anything unless it's as a purchase. This started happening today, called Paypal and they said they'll look in to it. Definitely weird...

    Edit: I know this is small fry compared to quiet noise's problems, my condolences man...

  8. #68

    Default

    Thats weird, this is occuring to me as well.

  9. #69

    Default

    After receiving a warning letter about 2 months back about a few 'personal gifts' sent for items, I finally called to clear some things up in regard to the personal gift payment.

    First and foremost, it's kind of funny because there actually IS a fee for personal gift transfers unless they come from a paypal balance or from a BANK account. If you pay using a debit card or credit card, the EXACT SAME fee applies to any transfers and the SENDER (buyer) decides who has to pay that fee. (you, if you're the seller).

    It is apparently OK with Paypal if you buy things on forums using the personal transfer. Unless you're buying off of a site that has a paypal checkout button. That's the only caveat I could find.

    And while I'm at it, I'll reiterate my opinion on sellers charging fees...you're trying to sell something. YOU are the one who is offering it up. It seems irrational and ludicrous to try to put that fee on the buyer, who is just basically becoming a customer to you.
    As a seller, you CHOOSE to use paypal because it's easy and convenient for you. Hence, it's your responsibility to cover the fee for that. That's why people who SEND money aren't charged because even Paypal isn't retarded enough to suggest that a buyer is in charge of paying a money transfer fee to a seller.
    Don't want to pay the 4% fee? Take checks or money orders and wait for 10 days for it to arrive.
    I just think it's laughable. I saw someone on here trying to charge 6% for a paypal transfer fee to potential buyers. SIX FUCKING PERCENT?
    Not even in fantasy land does a six percent charge apply ANYWHERE at paypal land. Period. It's just simple greed. I'd never buy off of anyone trying to jack a 6% paypal fee because 1. It's bullshit and 2. Chances are if they'll try to shanghai you for extra 6%, they're not a very good or reliable seller anyway.

    Here are a few quick glimpses at paypal fees.

    This is the one people should be using for forum buying/selling IMO:
    For personal/gift transactions
    Note that when a fee applies, the SENDER decides who pays that fee. Not the recipient.

    These are for vendors who have a store and sell things online from what I can tell or for people who want to use the Paypal address label service:
    Domestic fees
    *Every fee falls into the 2.9% range with transactions under 3 grand.

    International fees:
    (note: EVERY fee falls into the 3.9% area unless you're selling something over 3 grand)

    Here is a discussion on a forum where rabid, over-ambitious moms who home school their kids buy and sell educational materials and there is a lot of discussion about money transfers via paypal, for what it's worth.

    If you're still concerned, do what I did: Contact paypal yourself via phone support (there's usually about a 15-20 minute wait time) and they'll tell you the same thing.

    Here's the funny thing: Think about how many bullshit 4% 'paypal fee charges' buyers have paid over the years in forums that where a fee doesn't even exist. Probably hundreds of thousands of dollars over the years for fees that buyers are paying that don't even exist. All because one person started it a long time ago and it became standard or acceptable somehow. Like some kind of oogie-boogie financial urban legend.

    Don't pay a 4% paypal fee when you buy something. Ever.
    Whoever started that whole scam was apparently a student of P.T. Barnum.

    The bottom line is that when you sell or buy on an open forum, it all comes down to trust and ethics. Tacking on mystery percentages doesn't bid well for sellers when it's about ethics and honesty. It's not the point of the extra dollars you charge when you tack on the mystery percentage fee....it boils down to ethics in my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by mizzar View Post
    Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

  10. #70

    Default

    Could a german member here confirm that we dont have that "gift" option on our paypal site?
    I kept looking for it for ages but there is no sign of it or of the "personal" tab...
    Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

  11. #71

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by theaddict View Post
    Could a german member here confirm that we dont have that "gift" option on our paypal site?
    I kept looking for it for ages but there is no sign of it or of the "personal" tab...
    ^dolochov already did. But no, I haven't seen it yet either.
    Seems like we aren't allowed to send gifts.

    Quote Originally Posted by dolochov View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by theaddict View Post
    Any german members here who know if why the "PERSONAL" tab is missing on the german paypal page? I cannot send payments as "gift"s...or is it just my account?
    nope, I haven't seen it yet either.

  12. #72

    Default

    ^ in full agreement with beardown's post.

    anyway paypal refunded me the moneys, and coincidentally a day after the seller finally (after 3 weeks of silence) appears and says that he sent it to the wrong address and the postal service just returned him the package yaddayadda - gonna be some brutal negative feedback for him.

    and i made about 5 paypal payments over the past 3 days. and today my bank calls and says that constitutes suspicious activity from my card and they're gonna issue me a new one.. interesting. looks like banks don't view paypal with much trust either.
    ________
    AMATEUR WIFE
    Last edited by jgan85; 04-05-2011 at 08:27 PM.

  13. #73

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by theaddict View Post
    Could a german member here confirm that we dont have that "gift" option on our paypal site?
    I kept looking for it for ages but there is no sign of it or of the "personal" tab...
    im from singapore, and we (or just me) dont have the gift option tab either.

  14. #74

    Default

    Germans should have that option unless you have a upgraded account which almost everyone has as you need it in order to receive more than 1k a year, or 400 at once.

  15. #75
    kitsch killer Faust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Long hard road out of hell
    Posts
    37,722

    Default

    Ok, so I got some prick from England who is not satisfied with the jacket I sent him. He claims that the jacket got spots and I stated the wrong color - motherfucker is obviously colorblind. He filed a dispute, and I wanted to know what you guys think I should write in response. I sold it to him outside of Ebay, but I had the same jacket on Ebay. I was thinking to send PayPal the pix and also the link to the auction so they can see it's the same pictures, including a closeup of fabric. Would that be a wise move? What else is there to write? The prick was impatient with my shipping, bombarding me with notices how he thinks the package was lost, etc, as well.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

    StyleZeitgeist Magazine

  16. #76

    Default

    He probably was planning on doing it all along, especially if the pics could show it in a slightly different colour. Your best bet is to give evidence of you describing the colour. I would definetly send picture evidence, this is probably the best option you have. However paypal side with the buyer and the burden is upon you to proove anything he says to be wrong. Selling seccond hand clothing makes this almost impossible as he has such a wide range of things to complain about which unless you were prepared for this prior to selling the piece, you can do nothing about.

    I hate to say it as I do not think it is at all fair, but you should consider some kind of comprimise that prevents you from loosing too much, e.g. refund 10%. My only reason for suggesting this is that if he wins the claim he will get ALL the money back. He can then wish to send it back or keep it. I'm guessing as he's gone this far he may choose the latter of the two options.

    Use pictures and any private message evidence you can when creating your argument, paypal is a bitch. I was lucky with my recent issue and the guy was honest enough to drop the claim when the tees finally arrived.

  17. #77

    Default

    No he can't choose to send it back. The buyer decides when he raises it to a claim how much of a refund he wants, and the seller decides to refund with or without a return

    Faust, if you do get fucked in the end, ask for a return that way you can still sell it again on eBay and he will not have the item and the money back.

    huckleberry is right in saying that you are best using pictures to prove it. E-mail messaging doesn't seem to count for much unless it's eBay messaging. I lost a claim once where he claimed "unauthorized transaction" despite providing multiple e-mail messages where he confirmed that he was paying via X PayPal, confirmed his address, and confirmed receipt of the item

  18. #78

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ironman View Post
    No he can't choose to send it back. The buyer decides when he raises it to a claim how much of a refund he wants, and the seller decides to refund with or without a return

    Faust, if you do get fucked in the end, ask for a return that way you can still sell it again on eBay and he will not have the item and the money back.

    huckleberry is right in saying that you are best using pictures to prove it. E-mail messaging doesn't seem to count for much unless it's eBay messaging. I lost a claim once where he claimed "unauthorized transaction" despite providing multiple e-mail messages where he confirmed that he was paying via X PayPal, confirmed his address, and confirmed receipt of the item
    He would be told to send it back, but at this point paypal ceases to be involved, and it would be hard, even with many phone calls, to be able to do anything about the buyer refusing to send it back (as they can just claim they did)

  19. #79

    Default

    No that is not true.

    If Faust agrees to refund upon condition of return, the item must be sent back to him with tracking. The item must show online proof that the item has been successfully delivered to Faust before the buyer receives his refund from PayPal.

  20. #80
    kitsch killer Faust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Long hard road out of hell
    Posts
    37,722

    Default

    Thanks, guys.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

    StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •