Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • huckleberry
    • Jul 2009

He probably was planning on doing it all along, especially if the pics could show it in a slightly different colour. Your best bet is to give evidence of you describing the colour. I would definetly send picture evidence, this is probably the best option you have. However paypal side with the buyer and the burden is upon you to proove anything he says to be wrong. Selling seccond hand clothing makes this almost impossible as he has such a wide range of things to complain about which unless you were prepared for this prior to selling the piece, you can do nothing about.

I hate to say it as I do not think it is at all fair, but you should consider some kind of comprimise that prevents you from loosing too much, e.g. refund 10%. My only reason for suggesting this is that if he wins the claim he will get ALL the money back. He can then wish to send it back or keep it. I'm guessing as he's gone this far he may choose the latter of the two options.

Use pictures and any private message evidence you can when creating your argument, paypal is a bitch. I was lucky with my recent issue and the guy was honest enough to drop the claim when the tees finally arrived.

Comment

• ironman
      • Apr 2008

No he can't choose to send it back. The buyer decides when he raises it to a claim how much of a refund he wants, and the seller decides to refund with or without a return

Faust, if you do get fucked in the end, ask for a return that way you can still sell it again on eBay and he will not have the item and the money back.

huckleberry is right in saying that you are best using pictures to prove it. E-mail messaging doesn't seem to count for much unless it's eBay messaging. I lost a claim once where he claimed "unauthorized transaction" despite providing multiple e-mail messages where he confirmed that he was paying via X PayPal, confirmed his address, and confirmed receipt of the item

Comment

• huckleberry
        • Jul 2009

Originally posted by ironman View Post
        No he can't choose to send it back. The buyer decides when he raises it to a claim how much of a refund he wants, and the seller decides to refund with or without a return

Faust, if you do get fucked in the end, ask for a return that way you can still sell it again on eBay and he will not have the item and the money back.

huckleberry is right in saying that you are best using pictures to prove it. E-mail messaging doesn't seem to count for much unless it's eBay messaging. I lost a claim once where he claimed "unauthorized transaction" despite providing multiple e-mail messages where he confirmed that he was paying via X PayPal, confirmed his address, and confirmed receipt of the item
        He would be told to send it back, but at this point paypal ceases to be involved, and it would be hard, even with many phone calls, to be able to do anything about the buyer refusing to send it back (as they can just claim they did)

Comment

• ironman
          • Apr 2008

No that is not true.

If Faust agrees to refund upon condition of return, the item must be sent back to him with tracking. The item must show online proof that the item has been successfully delivered to Faust before the buyer receives his refund from PayPal.

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Thanks, guys.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

All worked out.
              Last edited by Faust; 12-11-2009, 12:00 PM.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• ironman
                • Apr 2008

good news for you!
                Last edited by Faust; 12-11-2009, 12:00 PM.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

That I don't know, but you can clearly see that they are trying to steer people to Ebay.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• ironman
                    • Apr 2008

yeah, trying to make money off of those final value fees

Comment

• MoFiya
                      • Sep 2007

Got a problem using Paypal. Someone is trying to send me the payment for my RO leather. I already sent a payment request to his eMail. He is trying to pay via Credit Card.
                      But the transaction doesn't work. It always says that it can only be paid via instant transfer.
                      Does anybody know what to do / what's the problem?

The buyer is located in the US, I am in the EU.
                      I have dreams of orca whales and owls
                      But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Good idea, wire. Cleaned up.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• MoFiya
                          • Sep 2007

Nobody with any suggestions regarding my problem?
                          I tried to search for a dialog to accept CC payment but didnt find anything...
                          I have dreams of orca whales and owls
                          But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• beardown
                            rekoner
                            • Feb 2009

Why doesn't he just send over the funds the same as any other money transfer instead of using the invoice?

By 'instant transfer' do you mean a transfer from his bank rather than his credit card?

You can choose your source of funding as a customer in your account preferences. Generally your first source is your bank account if your paypal is verified. But you should be able to go in and change your source of where the funds come from.

Are you sure the guy didn't just get cold feet over the purchase?
                            Shouldn't be that hard to send a credit card payment via paypal to or from overseas.
                            Originally posted by mizzar
                            Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• ironman
                              • Apr 2008

MoFiya, the selling preference shouldn't matter; he should still be able to choose payment type at the page

so there are a few possibilities:

1) he did not add his credit card prior to paying, perhaps thinking it's like a webstore where you can just add it at checkout

2) if by instant transfer he means PayPal balance, he must convert the currency to be of the same as payment currency...although i'm pretty sure you would be accepting USD

3) beardown is right and he's getting cold feet, because it is not a difficult process

Comment

• Johnny
                                • Sep 2006

how in the name of the good lord above do you upload documents to the fecking site. i need to confirm my address and to do it by sending them a document (had a disaster with the automated thing). cannot find where to upload. they keep telling me to go to resolution centre and i do, but then nowhere to upload. i may have to kill someone if i don't find out soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎