Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ironman
    • Apr 2008

wish i could help, i did mine automated and it was fine...but i've had problems uploading files to them during claims

can't understand why they'd direct you to resolution centre for confirming your own address =/

Comment

• ando
      • Oct 2009

last time i needed to upload something to paypal i immediately called them. they opened an upload link that wasn't there before and i just followed their instructions.

Comment

• Johnny
        • Sep 2006

thanks for the reply, appreciate it. i tried calling them earlier today and almost ate my phone. will perhaps try again when calmer

Comment

• MoFiya
          • Sep 2007

Thanks for all your help. Seems as if it you were right and the guy is a flake :-\ I asked him to reply here in order to get proper help but he isn't responding anymore.
          Although it at first seemed as if he was really willing to purchase but the internet's a bitch.
          I have dreams of orca whales and owls
          But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• anatomicut
            • Jun 2009

questions about personal payments.

hi
            i,m in s,korea
            i search my paypal sending options by personal payment.
            -need gift option-
            but there are no gift options.
            here pics

there are only 4 options
            shared expense, rental charges, payments owed, others
            so above options also have no fees?
            please help me.
            thanks in advance.

Comment

• MoFiya
              • Sep 2007

German customers have the same problem.
              No 'gift' option to send payments... It sucks, but hey - that's paypal!
              I have dreams of orca whales and owls
              But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• nictan
                • Jul 2009

im from singapore, and i have the same problem too. but i think thats cause im paying directly through credit/debit card and not the funds in my account. are you guys doing that as well? as long as you are using a credit/debit card to pay through paypal, the fees apply irregardless of the options you choose. correct me if im wrong

Comment

• anatomicut
                  • Jun 2009

guys
                  thanks for fast replies
                  no way ...
                  sometimes i think paypal is only for us,canada.

Comment

• ironman
                    • Apr 2008

the reduced fees by the way is simply for Personal Payment tab, it does not have to be a Gift option (i randomly choose the other options sometimes like Payment Owed or Living Expenses)

it is NOT zero fees for using Personal Payment. one must still pay with PayPal balance or Instant Bank Transfer, and even then they charge you a very tiny fee for fun

and PayPal is just fucked anyway. "Most addresses outside the U.S. can't be confirmed at this time." on what basis do they pick their countries? i haven't seen a French confirmed address yet (maybe it's possible) but as i pasted on the first page of this thread, i've had one from Denmark be confirmed

it's annoying because protection is vastly limited especially without the buyer having a confirmed address

Comment

• mortalveneer
                      • Jan 2008

I'm hoping competition like this will force paypal to shape up and address the numerous concerns touched upon in this thread...
                      I am not who you think I am

Comment

• ironman
                        • Apr 2008

i don't think that's much competition. there are other things that people use, and it just doesn't compete on a global scale. i don't really know why, not like there is very good support and protection as has been discussed at length.

there's MoneyBookers (tried it, alright, but not enough people use it), and GoogleCheckout. there are probably more, but these are all i know.

i think one of the reasons PayPal still seizes the market is because of its popularity and age. if something were to take over, it would have to gain a large user base before it can gain trust.

it'd probably be easiest to do this by making the fees less than PayPal, but companies are greedy. a good example of this is Google Checkout, where their rates were smaller and because of the Google name, many were willing to switch over, but now the fees are identical to PP (i think)

even if there is competition, what would prompt PayPal to address concerns? they don't have to do a thing about chargebacks or any other major issues, yet mantain many many users. another reason it just wins is because of the coupled use of eBay and PayPal

Comment

• anatomicut
                          • Jun 2009

ironman
                          i agree with you.
                          paypal is really huge company now.
                          i also hate paypal.
                          but it,s best and popular methods for international transactions.
                          no way...ha ha...

Comment

• mortalveneer
                            • Jan 2008

Originally posted by ironman View Post
                            i don't think that's much competition. there are other things that people use, and it just doesn't compete on a global scale. i don't really know why, not like there is very good support and protection as has been discussed at length.

there's MoneyBookers (tried it, alright, but not enough people use it), and GoogleCheckout. there are probably more, but these are all i know.

i think one of the reasons PayPal still seizes the market is because of its popularity and age. if something were to take over, it would have to gain a large user base before it can gain trust.

it'd probably be easiest to do this by making the fees less than PayPal, but companies are greedy. a good example of this is Google Checkout, where their rates were smaller and because of the Google name, many were willing to switch over, but now the fees are identical to PP (i think)

even if there is competition, what would prompt PayPal to address concerns? they don't have to do a thing about chargebacks or any other major issues, yet mantain many many users. another reason it just wins is because of the coupled use of eBay and PayPal
                            This is why I said I HOPE options like the above will drive some competitive changes into paypal.

I nowhere said this IS competition, for the reasons you so clearly elucidated above. I too have used moneybookers, googlecheckout, and a few other merchant/hybrid things, and yet come back to paypal due to its nigh-universal usage.
                            I am not who you think I am

Comment

• ironman
                              • Apr 2008

yeah, for now we are pretty trapped into using them

within Canada, i've used Interac a few times with success. pretty small fee, and eliminates risk of chargebacks/etc. but runs the risk of seller not sending the item. there are similar methods in other countries

it works well for me because Canadians are generally nice lol, and by selling through forums, users try to maintain a good reputation (to an extent lol)

Comment

• BeauIXI
                                • Nov 2008

I was just wondering.. I offered a woman a price on some Ann D boots she had listed on eBay twice in a row, with no bids, and she said she could drop that low, but that she would have to do the deal outside of eBay. What kind of protection do I have? I know this is exactly the same type of transaction done on SuFu and here, on SZ, but I feel a sense of mistrust with a person on eBay, as compared with here.. Suggestions?
                                Originally posted by philip nod
                                somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎