Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mononon
    • Sep 2009

unless they empty their accounts, u should be able to issue a claim and paypal will put a hold on the money and investigate.
    make sure not to pay as a gift though unless u trust the person.

to be safest, u can pay using a cc and issue a cc chargeback if the person is a fraud.
    calvinc - "Found this place and omg the people here are so cool and they dress super ultra mega well!"

Comment

• francojean23
      • Sep 2008

i always use my cc to pay with paypal in case there's any issue , i've had to chargeback a couple times and it was always processed quickly , would love to use a different system but everyone is on paypal ...

Comment

• stretcheroo
        • Nov 2009

Originally posted by anatomicut View Post
        ironman
        i agree with you.
        paypal is really huge company now.
        i also hate paypal.
        That company is a fucking joke. As a seller, you essentially have no protection from a buyer who decides -- within 45 days notwithstanding any deadline in the eBay ad -- that they don't want the item anymore. Then, if you complain that the buyer is lying about the transaction, such that they have to make a "decision" -- i.e. decide to give the buyer his money back -- they don't even return the fees they took for the payment. Like they don't make enough money off you in the first place. I HATE PAYPAL.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by BeauIXI View Post
          I was just wondering.. I offered a woman a price on some Ann D boots she had listed on eBay twice in a row, with no bids, and she said she could drop that low, but that she would have to do the deal outside of eBay. What kind of protection do I have? I know this is exactly the same type of transaction done on SuFu and here, on SZ, but I feel a sense of mistrust with a person on eBay, as compared with here.. Suggestions?
          You are protected if you don't receive the item. You are not protected if the description does not exactly match the actual item.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• merkuri
            • Sep 2009

there is a guy selling completely falsely described ro items on ebay. caveat emptor i suppose, but just for shits and giggles, =i asked him for pics of the mollino he listed and it was a 3 year old bomber.

Comment

• jgan85
              • Apr 2008

Just a note that currently, eBay Buyer Protection offers the buyer a refund for a huge number of reasons, from eBay itself. In my experience, this includes cases where the buyer is a moron, doesn't read the auction description, and demands a refund for 'sizing issues'. So eBay refunds him, so far, so good.

However, changes to eBay's User Agreement effective 30th March 2010 will have the effect of allowing eBay to subsequently claim such monies direct from the seller's PayPal account.

eBay sellers might want to take note. I've started moving funds out of my PayPal account the moment I receive them.
              ________
              Pot
              Last edited by jgan85; 04-05-2011, 08:34 PM.

Comment

• stadsvandringar
                • Aug 2008

But aren't paypal accounts directly linked to a bank account? If you have money in that bank account I think paypal can take funds that way. That's happened to me before.

Comment

• jgan85
                  • Apr 2008

Originally posted by stadsvandringar View Post
                  But aren't paypal accounts directly linked to a bank account? If you have money in that bank account I think paypal can take funds that way. That's happened to me before.
                  ^ man that sucks. haven't heard of that up til now though (is it in last month's revisions to the User Agreement?) - i guess i'd better write to my bank to disallow paypal withdrawals direct from the account.
                  ________
                  Matador

Comment

• diamonds
                    • Dec 2006

i dont think they're legally allowed to withdraw money from your account... but i'm not a lawyer

Comment

• jgan85
                      • Apr 2008

^ yeah that was my understanding as well.. but if its happened to stadsvandringar..
                      ________
                      Big Tits Video

Comment

• ironman
                        • Apr 2008

i'm inclined to think he's got it wrong. if you owe money, they charge it to your PayPal balance even if it makes it negative

the only time PayPal can directly charge/withdraw from your bank account is for eBay monthly payments, if you choose that option

Comment

• stadsvandringar
                          • Aug 2008

This happened probably a year or two ago... Long story short I was selling an item on ebay. Somebody bought it using a fraudulent credit card. I of course had no way of knowing this, shipped the item, and only found out afterward. Once the card holder filed a dispute paypal hit me back for the charges. Even though my paypal account was empty, the negative balance was then charged to the bank account I had linked to paypal.

It was a pretty crappy deal, and I probably should have disputed it at the time. I am sure it is much too late now though.

Comment

• ironman
                            • Apr 2008

that's strange...it doesn't say anything in the PayPal user agreement about being able to do that

i've had a chargeback happen to me (despite the buyer stating in an e-mail he received the item and was happy...), and all i got was a negative balance, and letters and phone calls hounding me to pay up

it may be a different case considering my transaction was not an eBay one, dunno

Comment

• Arcane
                              • Jul 2008

I am trying to send money. Paypal says "This transaction cannot be completed...". Paypal can suck my balls. What is wrong?
                              Label me landlord, I keep k's in my hand

Comment

• mononon
                                • Sep 2009

do you guys report any profits/gains in your taxes from selling used goods?
                                calvinc - "Found this place and omg the people here are so cool and they dress super ultra mega well!"

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎