Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eat me
    • May 2009

Perhaps even dig out some Margiela buddy-shots, e.g. "here's me and Martin totally stitching some socks together lol omg".

;)

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Yan View Post

I would also add that Dirk Bikkembergs was the designer of very interesting leather jackets in the eighties and it always amazes me, what happened????

Don't forget Dirk's shoes. They were so sick. I once got three pairs in one season at like 70% off. NOBODY wanted them. Dirk was one of the first Belgians I loved - it was hard to swallow such blatant selling out.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by eat me View Post
        I think it would be helpful for many younger/new to fashion members of the forum to have your posts with attached illustrations.

You say Rei and Yohji were groundbreaking in the 80s, why not demonstrate your point with some pictures of what you consider their iconic changed-everything designs?

I think it would make the thread so much more engaging for us and lurkers alike. Perhaps even encourage someone to pop out of the shadows.
        Read first paragraph for illustration.

And "words" omg and lol did not exist back then, thankfully.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• eat me
          • May 2009

nice article. Still, pictures are not for my benefit in particular, but to liven the thread up.

Comment

• Yan
            • Mar 2008

Originally posted by eat me View Post
            nice article. Still, pictures are not for my benefit in particular, but to liven the thread up.
            Mine are from memory, but I am getting on a bit.

Comment

• cremaster
              • Jan 2010

Thanks for the reference Faust. That paragraph articulates the time much better than I could.
              This year I aim to become more computer savvy and learn to post pictures.
              I am so old school that I don't even have a computer at home.
              And Yan, I too hold it in memory, except mine is fading fast!

Comment

• MASUGNEN
                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by cremaster View Post
                A very special mention also goes out to Gaultier. In his day he was a god. The daring of JPG was breathtaking. He blazed a trail for so many designers.
                I especially appreciate his humour. Perhaps a good sense of humour is needed to balance the sexual boldness of his work.

Comment

• Dandyzoku
                  • Dec 2010

would tend to agree with this statement. It's all about genealogy. A lot of stuff is difficult to appreciate upon its genesis, particularly nowadays with such a saturated marketplace.
                  qu'est-ce que je doit apporter à ces créatures???

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎