Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jtothewhat
    • Oct 2014

Just got back from a trip to Tokyo with my wife. We had a great time..I did not have as much luck shopping as I wanted.. I couldn't find any of the pieces I was hoping to in my size, and the one item I found that I absolutely loved (an absolutely beautiful ma+ cardigan at Lift) was a bit more than I wanted to spend on a cardigan at the moment. However, we had some absolutely amazing food.

If anyone is in or going to Tokyo I suggest trying out the restaurant ''Salmon&Trout'' ..despite the name it is not a seafood restaurant, and a reservation is going to be necessary as it is quite small. It was one of the best dining experiences I have had in my life..and certainly interesting and intimate. The course menu is not known beforehand, and changes every few weeks with what is in season at the time.. I was surprised to be eating bear meat with bleu cheese mashed potatoes at one point, and I was even more surprised how delicious it was.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Back in Tokyo this weekend and beyond. Any exhibits worth seeing? I know there is a Sarah Moon exhibit, anything else? Food, shopping, obviously - mostly for interior design, ceramics, books - I think I have the clothes covered...
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• croatoan
        • Jul 2007

There is an Odilon Redon exhibition going on at Mitsubishi Ichigokan Museum.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• lowrey
            ventiundici
            • Dec 2006

awesome! took me back to roaming Tokyo years ago, I don't think Google maps excisted on phones back then so I had maps printed out on paper. really need to go there again
            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
              • Apr 2013

I think thats a nice guide for beginners and gives you a good scope on what to do, grocery store is pretty niche and hidden you would never guess soloist has a thing.

anrealage also has a store near undercover that sells the classics from the previous seasons

nubian also a good store in Ueno to check out.

bunch more tbh, tokyo is massive people tend to underestimate the metropolis.
              Originally posted by unwashed
              Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
              Originally posted by Ahimsa
              I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                awesome! took me back to roaming Tokyo years ago, I don't think Google maps excisted on phones back then so I had maps printed out on paper. really need to go there again
                I honestly don't know how people did Tokyo before google maps.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• croatoan
                  • Jul 2007

I used go to there with hand drawn maps to where I wanted to go plus a lot of wandering and asking around. The first time I visited the Julius shop I asked someone on the street who looked like he might know and he ended up walking with me there.

And a nice guide that I will have to keep in mind next time I am in Tokyo. I was there last month for the first time in seven or so years and a lot of the clothing-related shopping has changed from what I saw. It was mostly for records when I saw shopping so I didn't go out of my way to look into clothing but a lot of what I used to visit (aside from Lift) was pretty dead and uninspiring.

Comment

• Dropt
                    • May 2009

Anyone in Tokyo-3 right now could proxy me smtg? It's a small cheap item but cant score it thru my usual website for some reason

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Back to Tokyo this week. Anything current to check out, please let me know.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Jtothewhat
                        • Oct 2014

Taking a trip to Tokyo again this month. Is there still a Devoa flagship store there? I can't find any information regarding the store, and a Google review says it is an office now? Was hoping to stock up on the new SS stuff but am not seeing much at their Tokyo stockists.

Also any other recommendations are always welcome.

Comment

• Lohikaarme
                          • Jul 2013

Originally posted by Jtothewhat View Post
                          Taking a trip to Tokyo again this month. Is there still a Devoa flagship store there? I can't find any information regarding the store, and a Google review says it is an office now? Was hoping to stock up on the new SS stuff but am not seeing much at their Tokyo stockists.

Also any other recommendations are always welcome.
                          The flagship is more of an atelier. Go to Gullam. Fascinate is really good too, but in Osaka.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎