Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • comedyzen
    • May 2009

Thanks for the sale dates. That definitely helps me narrow things down. Now for my other question. Where do all the unsold clothes go? I know they don't sell it all. Do they have retailers who specialize in this? In the US, we have stores like 21st Century that carry brands from past seasons. The closest thing I found to this was the consignment shops....which I did get a lot of great deals.

Comment

• comedyzen
      • May 2009

Got it. Thanks for the info KK1. I did buy a shirt at Isetan. It was a julius shirt from last season. It was around 250. I guess that is cheaper than regular price. I am just used to 50-60% discounts in the US stores. Sigh. Nov. 28 is too early. What is the average length of these sales? Few days? 1 week? or just depends? Thanks

Comment

• bukka
        • Sep 2011

Necro this thread because the other one is for shops only.
        Anyone has recommandations for foodies? We're going to eat at Alain Ducasse and Robuchon, we might have time to do a few other restaurants so feel free to share if you think there are some that we absolutely need to do before departing. Trigger and Nicelynice, comment please! Thanks!!
        Eternity is in love with the productions of time

Comment

• MrBushido
          • Dec 2013

^^

If you like Kobe beef 'though they have other beefs as well'. I recommend Gyu-An in Ginza, it's on the pricey side but it has nice traditional decor and food is delicious. They have english speaking staff too.

If you are going for dinner, it's better to reserve in advance.

You can also find Japan Gourmet Experience event and Discount, Features. Rakuten GURUNAVI is All you need to plan travel and meal to Japan.

Comment

• Kalior
            • Mar 2015

Originally posted by bukka View Post
            Necro this thread because the other one is for shops only.
            Anyone has recommandations for foodies? We're going to eat at Alain Ducasse and Robuchon, we might have time to do a few other restaurants so feel free to share if you think there are some that we absolutely need to do before departing. Trigger and Nicelynice, comment please! Thanks!!
            I would skip Robuchon if I were you, the food is pretty mediocre for the price you pay. (the Robuchon name carries a 15-25% surcharge it would seem)
            Also the locals here all unanimously agree that Jiro (from the documentary) is completely overpriced for what you get.

What kind of food are you interested in eating? Japanese soul food like monjayaki, oknomiyaki, yakitori and ramen is definitely worth checking out. If you have any requests for more specific shops/restaurants PM me.

Comment

• Anomie
              • Jan 2011

I will be in Tokyo next week and part of the following week. Any art or music shows happening?

Would also love suggestions on small funk, soul, jazz type clubs.

Excited to go to JBS Record Bar.

Comment

• thinbuddha
                • Jul 2011

anyone been to robot restaurant? i went last year and it was amazing

Comment

• MikeN
                  • Nov 2007

So funny that I posted on this thread in 2009, and yet STILL haven't been to Tokyo yet. Anyway I think I am really really finally most likely going to be there this Tuesday. I will take any and all recommendations on all topics!

Comment

• thinbuddha
                    • Jul 2011

if you have an extended amount of time, i highly recommend taking a bike tour. i'm not sure if that's your cup of tea, but the biking culture is so massively different to here in ny. it's also a great way to get out and see a load of the city in a short amount of time. ours took us to the fish market which, even if you don't go on a bike tour, you must check out.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

I am thinking to go to Japan in October. My strategy, with the miles I have is to book a business/first class flight to Japan (longer haul/jetlag on arrival) and economy on the way back (shorter, direct flight, and I don't care about the jetlag when I get home). I can fly ANA. Question is, will I totally die on the way back from Tokyo to New York or is it doable (I'm short)?
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• xeraphim
                        • Nov 2008

^ been doing 13h economy flights (ldn->sin) on a somewhat regular basis the last few years and they've been fairly tolerable so far - a movie or two, go to sleep and wake up on the other side... pop a sleeping pill if necessary. for legroom - if the airline allows, reserve an exit row/bassinet seat. hope you're not intending to stay awake the entire time

Comment

• croatoan
                          • Jul 2007

I've flown from Seattle to both Korea and Japan over a dozen times and it's always been standard economy. It's not particularly fun but you deal with it. Though it's gotten much easier now that I can manage to sleep on the airplane; it used to be a lot more switching off between reading and just staring out the window.

Comment

• monster
                            • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                            Question is, will I totally die on the way back from Tokyo to New York or is it doable (I'm short)?
                            It's rather doable if you have no serious work to do on the day you back to NY, in my case I absolutely can do nothing after the >10 h. flight. It also depends on your long flights' stamina. Reserving a seat in emergency exit row, preparing headrest pillow and eyeshade will also help. Also, it would be fun to come across you on the Tokyo street

Comment

• Comotomo
                              • Nov 2014

I only flew economy until I was in my late 20s. Simply can't do it anymore especially for long haul, I need to lay down. Can you do business both ways? First on Ana isn't too great. If you can't why not do biz/first on the flight back so that you'll have that extra luggage allowance ?

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

LOL about the luggage allowance :-) I am not planning to bring THAT much. The reason for first/biz going there is it's a longer flight and I care more about being fresh on arrival there than back home. At home I can rest all I want.

Not enough points yet to do business both ways, but I'm not far off...
                                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎