X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TriggerDiscipline
    • Apr 2013

Originally posted by bukka View Post
    I'll be in Tokyo this summer and I need to shorten the sleeves of an RO mollino in blistered lamb. TD,Nicelynice, anyone who can recommend me a good tailor? Thanks!
    I usually do my own repairs, but I am curious as to who can fix leather as well, so bumping for nicelynice lol
    Originally posted by unwashed
    Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
    Originally posted by Ahimsa
    I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• bukka
      • Sep 2011

Originally posted by TriggerDiscipline View Post
      I usually do my own repairs, but I am curious as to who can fix leather as well, so bumping for nicelynice lol
      Ahhh, I'm absolutely unable to do something like this by myself. If no one can tell me, I'll ask lift
      Eternity is in love with the productions of time

Comment

• dji
        • Feb 2008

considering a trip to Japan over the Thanksgiving period in mid-late November. thinking ~10 days, will spend half our time in Tokyo and trying to decide where to spend the other 50% of our time. been to Osaka/Kyoto/Nara but wouldn't mind visiting again, also considering Kanazawa. any recommendations on places to visit for food, shopping, general site-seeing?

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
          • Apr 2013

Not much to do in kanazawa I went to Nara last month and it was worth it.

For a culinary experience I recommend osaka the food there is on another level compared to tokyo
          Originally posted by unwashed
          Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
          Originally posted by Ahimsa
          I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• dji
            • Feb 2008

cheers TD, good to know. it has been 7 years since I was last there so wouldn't hurt to revisit!

Comment

• dji
              • Feb 2008

any recommendations on where to stay in Kyoto and Osaka guys? thinking to go with AirBNB route but not familiar with the areas.

Comment

• Tertium
                • Jul 2014

sorry to bring it back up, but does anyone know when the New Year's sales dates are for the major stores? Have been in the past and remember it's early Jan, but forget when exactly, and also remember that Isetan went on sale a week or so later than the flagships and other department stores.

going at the end of the year on a trip with my mum (I'm shocked too), she's a sale monster so it's kinda crucial I get these dates right

edit: I found that most department stores and some flagships go on sale 2-3 jan, and isetan is the 18th. thanks anyways people!
                Last edited by Tertium; 10-03-2016, 08:52 PM.

Comment

• dji
                  • Feb 2008

any recommendations for place to eat around Tokyo, Kyoto and Osaka would be appreciated. also any tips on where to get a haircut around Tokyo, preferably experienced with long, curly-ish hair.

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by dji View Post
                    any recommendations for place to eat around Tokyo, Kyoto and Osaka would be appreciated. also any tips on where to get a haircut around Tokyo, preferably experienced with long, curly-ish hair.
                    Google "burned ramen kyoto" - it's a must.
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• dji
                      • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                      Google "burned ramen kyoto" - it's a must.
                      cheers E, will definitely hit it up!

Comment

• dji
                        • Feb 2008

Gogyo Ramen in Kyoto was awesome E, best ramen we had in Japan (and we had more than a couple of bowls on our trip). like ramen infused with Malaysian char kway teow, so good and so high in cholesterol..

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by dji View Post
                          Gogyo Ramen in Kyoto was awesome E, best ramen we had in Japan (and we had more than a couple of bowls on our trip). like ramen infused with Malaysian char kway teow, so good and so high in cholesterol..
                          I concur and I think it's probably the best ramen I have had period.
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• dji
                            • Feb 2008

it's close between them and Toki Underground in DC (non-traditional ramen, do try them if you're ever in DC for god knows what reason) for myself.

Comment

• Anwar
                              • May 2012

Bunga bunga in Shibuya, best yakitori I've had. Also tried that Michelin star ramen, broth was insane.
                              Originally posted by Lendar
                              The price is a bit high, but the leather is very quality.

Comment

• MikeN
                                • Nov 2007

Unless I'm reading wrong, it says there's also a branch in Tokyo. Has anyone been?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎