• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Anomie
    • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
    ^ hilarious!

Glad this thread is getting a little bump... curious about any other oenophiles on here.

Been doing a lot of "research" as of late with a predominant focus on French wines and more specifically biodynamic ones.

That being said, probably the best bottle I've had in the last couple of months has been a 2009 Els Jelipins (http://www.vinnatur.se/bonde/els-jelipins/) that was transcendental. You have never tasted or smelled a wine as floral, fragrant and crisp as this one. 1500-2000 BOTTLES produced a year yet price per bottle is around $80. New Yorkers can find it at Chambers Street Wines, Despana Fine Wines and Slope Cellars.

Beautiful bottle as well with no front label, just a tiny little symbol on black glass.
    Nice to see this thread, as wine is my biggest passion. Have a collection with several thousand bottles, travel frequently to wine regions and most of my best friends are winemakers. My collection is primarily German plus a diverse collection of mostly Natural wines.

The wine you referenced is an excellent wine from a rare indigenous Spanish grape (Sumoll). It is not cheap because of the production costs.

Please let me know if you need any help with your exploration. The simplest thing I can recommend if you would like to explore biodynamic, natural, small producers is to work with Chambers Street. I am also happy to make recommendations or open some things for you in NYC.

Comment

• Chinorlz
      • Sep 2006

^ I'm sending you a PM :)

Yes I'm a bit regretful overall that during my many many trips to NYC when I lived in Boston many years ago I really didn't spend as much time at Chambers or Astor. The stockpile/inventory is insane! Working on catching up now :)
      www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

Working...
      X
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎