Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eleves
    • Sep 2012

Definitely glad I sat through Made in Abyss. It picks up for sure and now I can't wait for the second season. Some of the best animation and overall design that I've seen in a long time
    Originally posted by Faust
    HOBBY?! HOBBY?!?!?!?!?! You are on SZ, buddy - it ain't no hobby, it's passion, religion, and unbounded cosmic love rolled into one.

Comment

• brotzeit
      • Feb 2018

You guys should watch Naruto and Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. Visual and plot-wise, they are amazing!

Comment

• eleves
        • Sep 2012

Out of "newer" anime, I've been watching My Hero Academia, The Seven Deadly Sins and Made in Abyss. Anything that I've been missing or should check out?
        HOBBY?! HOBBY?!?!?!?!?! You are on SZ, buddy - it ain't no hobby, it's passion, religion, and unbounded cosmic love rolled into one.

Comment

• Ahimsa
          Vegan Police
          • Sep 2011

Megalo Box is my favorite this season. It's animation and soundtrack are sick.

Darling in the Franxx is pretty decent, but the fanbase is really toxic.

Tokyo Ghoul:re is pretty meh.
          StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• eleves
            • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Ahimsa View Post
            Megalo Box is my favorite this season. It's animation and soundtrack are sick.

Tokyo Ghoul:re is pretty meh.

Thanks for the recs! I'll check out Megalo Box this weekend. I was excited for Tokyo Ghoul in general, is anything before :re worth watching?

Comment

• Ahimsa
              Vegan Police
              • Sep 2011

Originally posted by eleves View Post
              Thanks for the recs! I'll check out Megalo Box this weekend. I was excited for Tokyo Ghoul in general, is anything before :re worth watching?
              So, Tokyo Ghoul is a lot better than all those Fate/Zero clones coming out (which I personally didn't like at all), but it does have a fairly whiny protagonist. If you haven't read the manga it could get confusing, because the first season is manga based, the second season √A has nothing to do with the manga, and the third season :re takes place after the first season and IS based on the manga. So it's a little like FMA vs. FMA Brotherhood.

Comment

• ADreamofBlue
                • Sep 2015

I've been hearing mixed things from my friends and reading mixed opinions. Of what I've read/heard, I'm getting the impression that the show seems to be something of a rollercoaster in narrative quality. A friend of mine tells me that this show REALLY wants to be Evangelion, but it just falls short. I don't really know anything about the fanbase... how is it toxic?

A side note: Does anybody here collect cels/gengas/dougas and/or original anime posters? I've got roughly 50-60 cels from KITE and a genga from Evangelion (I believe Death & Rebirth). I've also got an absurd amount of Evangelion posters from the 90s/early 00s, along with KITE posters from the 90s and Patlabor posters from the 80s... I'm starting to wonder how to properly display these as I only have so much room on my walls.
                who slips in to my body and whispers to my ghost?

Comment

• goldsamxo
                  • Jan 2017

So, Tokyo Ghoul is a lot better than all those Fate/Zero clones coming out (which I personally didn't like at all), but it does have a fairly whiny protagonist. If you haven't read the manga it could get confusing, because the first season is manga based, the second season √A has nothing to do with the manga, and the third season :re takes place after the first season and IS based on the manga. So it's a little like FMA vs. FMA Brotherhood.
                  I'd recommend reading Tokyo Ghoul rather than watching it. Both are filled with a ton of symbolism / background details the anime skips over. Also ;RE barely has fight scenes - they're mostly screenshots with effects over the screen, there seems to be barely a budget.

One of the main things the anime changed is making Ken Kaneki a hero - in the manga he's the main villain, while the show capitalized on his looks making him a hero who was doing it to 'save the ones he loves' (which is a total lie).

I really like Darling a lot, but it went from being Evangelion to Sci-Fi SUPER QUICK. It was honestly a strange change, but unlike a lot of people viewing it, I really like what they did. I'd recommend not looking at the internet (even episode forum boards) if you want to keep your sanity - the fanbase for it is one of the worst I've seen in a while.

And Dream - I have a bunch of old Berserk 'posters' from the 90's when Miura would do special illustrators for the release of the volumes.
                  Originally Posted by Latoya Sizemore View Post

It would be great if one cane wear little bit loose T-shirts with some great prints like marijuana leaves, cannabis, weeds etc.
                  Most of the youngsters will like to wear fashionable and chill clothing, which give a great looks to youngsters.

Comment

• m.z
                    • Mar 2018

Originally posted by eleves View Post
                    Out of "newer" anime, I've been watching My Hero Academia, The Seven Deadly Sins and Made in Abyss. Anything that I've been missing or should check out?
                    Steins;Gate 0 is pretty solid so far. I heard a lot of good things about it so I watched Steins;Gate recently, it's interesting how 0 slots into the first series.

Check out Hinamatsuri if you're looking for something lighthearted, I find it really funny

Comment

• Zambot
                      • Jan 2018

I just finished Devilman Crybaby. I am a big fan of yuasas work but felt this was overall a disappointment a 6/10 or so. Currently I am watching Kodoma no Omocha, a late 90s Shoujo show.

Comment

• Ahimsa
                        Vegan Police
                        • Sep 2011

Originally posted by m.z View Post
                        Steins;Gate 0 is pretty solid so far. I heard a lot of good things about it so I watched Steins;Gate recently, it's interesting how 0 slots into the first series.
                        I finally caved and watched Steins;Gate. I have to say, I found it really cheesy. There's a good plot in there somewhere, but its visual novel origins and character relationships and their actions drove me up the wall. I'd give it a 5/10.

My updated roundup for 2018:

Overlord's new season continues the series' plot with side stories to be more convoluted than Game of Thrones.

New Tokyo Ghoul season plot isn't progressing in any meaningful way.

Attack on Titan this season is finally getting into plot development (thank god)

Violet Evergarden was plain bad.

FLCL Progressive was a let down. Better than 95% of 2018 anime, but failed to capture the spirit of the original.

Started on Texhnolyze as well (original run 2003). Juno Reactor opening. Fucking brilliant anime. If you're into cyberpunk at all this is a must see.

Comment

• KUROKO
                          • Feb 2021

Manabu Ōhashi's short CLOUD from Robot Carnival is sure to win a few of you.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎