• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ADreamofBlue
    • Sep 2015

Originally posted by Monoral View Post
    Any love for mecha Anime 'round here?
    Aside from Eva (which I frankly don't think of as mecha), I don't know too much about it. I'm going through The Vision of Escaflowne right now (which, again, I wouldn't necessarily call mecha, as much as something with the mecha element) and I've seen Mobile Suit Gundam Wing, Big O and G Gundam - that's about it. I've been hearing great things about 00, Gundam Thunderbolt and Iron Blooded Orphans, though.
    who slips in to my body and whispers to my ghost?

Comment

• Ahimsa
      Vegan Police
      • Sep 2011

Just finished Iron Blooded Orphans.

Touches on child soldiers, but not mot else is there. Just watch Now and Then, Here and There instead, far better series.

Insert obligatory Gundam Char styled character with mask- except this one was a straight rip-off of the original.

Character design is pretty bad, mobile suit design even worse.
      StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
        • Apr 2013

last season was absolutely terrible, the only redeemer was boku no hero academia and even then thats not even over.

If anyone saw bungo I would like their input but I wasnt a fan, it seems like i was rewatching kekkai sensen.

I started mayoiga but some of the characters written into there trigger me so I had to stop .

I am going to watch flying witches now this better not dissapoint me.

In other news, I picked up Katanagatari and so far its being kind to me.
        Originally posted by unwashed
        Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
        Originally posted by Ahimsa
        I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• ADreamofBlue
          • Sep 2015

I saw Tenshi no Tamago last night... I can't see myself craving to go back and watch it due to how dark it was, but the score was top notch. Yoshitaka Amano's character designs held up.
          who slips in to my body and whispers to my ghost?

Comment

• patco
            • Jul 2016

Originally posted by Monoral View Post
            Any love for mecha Anime 'round here?
            Yes, of course. But, let's see how many fans :)

Comment

• imho_essno
              • Jun 2013

Recently tried several series and dropped instantly ;(

Guys, what are top notch animes of last 2-3 years? Like, without any doubts. Not arguably. Just best.

Comment

• Ahimsa
                Vegan Police
                • Sep 2011

Originally posted by imho_essno View Post
                Recently tried several series and dropped instantly ;(

Guys, what are top notch animes of last 2-3 years? Like, without any doubts. Not arguably. Just best.
                It's an artistic medium so any anime's goodness can be argued.
                Last 2-3 years is a hard one because of the terrible CG rut and the shuttering of good animation houses.

Ping Pong The Animation - is amazing in every component. Art/Story/Music

Mushi-Shi - 2nd Season

Parasyte

Comment

• Krull
                  • Jun 2016

My eternal quest is to find an anime that has a similar setting, scope and atmosphere to Mass Effect. I'm starting to think that I never will.

Comment

• NOHSAD
                    • Nov 2014

Porter Robinson, a popular DJ, recently released his "Anime Music Video" for Shelter. I say AMV because Robinson teamed up with A-1 Pictures (who worked on Aldnoah.Zero) as well as other artists to create the short film style video. I thought it was beautiful, from the animation to the story that it portrayed. It's trending at #6 on Youtube at the time of typing this and it's gain so much positive feedback that people want Shelter to become a standalone mini series.

"Instead of feeling alone in a group, it's better to have real solitude all by yourself"

ShopDDavis.etsy.com

IG: @D.__Dvais

Comment

• ann jp
                      • Oct 2016

Does anyone love Gintama here?
                      I love it but not many people know it in Europe or USA.

Comment

• Ahimsa
                        Vegan Police
                        • Sep 2011

Recently watched Bungou Stray Dogs. Pretty goood compared to what's out there right now. Cool animation style as well. All of the characters are based off of / named after works of literature / authors.

Any recommendations? Well done anime is starting to get as barren as cinema :(

Comment

• SafetyKat
                          • Aug 2014

Originally posted by NOHSAD View Post
                          Porter Robinson, a popular DJ, recently released his "Anime Music Video" for Shelter. I say AMV because Robinson teamed up with A-1 Pictures (who worked on Aldnoah.Zero) as well as other artists to create the short film style video. I thought it was beautiful, from the animation to the story that it portrayed. It's trending at #6 on Youtube at the time of typing this and it's gain so much positive feedback that people want Shelter to become a standalone mini series.
                          Ah! Porter was one of my first electronic music shows, back when he barely filled up small venues like the TLA, philly. I have to check his new video out, I havn't listened to any of his music since 2012-ish.

Ahimsa
                          If you are into history, Hetalia was a fun break from all the dark anime I've been watching. Super short series with WWII nations personified into human and chibi characters, worth a laugh.

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
                            • Apr 2013

Originally posted by Ahimsa View Post
                            Recently watched Bungou Stray Dogs. Pretty goood compared to what's out there right now. Cool animation style as well. All of the characters are based off of / named after works of literature / authors.

Im glad you liked Bungo i could not get passed the 4th episode.

I think there is a lot of good things out there to see, not sure if you are willing to watch it though.

you should watch Shin Gojira (godzilla resurgence) closest thing to an eva live action we will ever get, and it is directed by hideaki anno.
                            Originally posted by unwashed
                            Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
                            Originally posted by Ahimsa
                            I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• eleves
                              • Sep 2012

Apparently Jordan Peele is in talks to direct the Akira remake? I understand that "Get Out" was super acclaimed but wow, this seems super super out of left field.

http://screenrant.com/akira-get-out-...eele-director/

On another note - FINALLY got around to watching hunter x hunter and had no idea going in that Yoshihiro Togashi was as ill as he was and goes on hiatus so frequently. Hope he feels better soon but the waiting sucks - I'm sure most fans are used to these hiatuses from him though.

Also, has anyone seen Boku no Hero Academia? Is it worth watching?
                              Last edited by eleves; 03-30-2017, 11:24 AM.
                              Originally posted by Faust
                              HOBBY?! HOBBY?!?!?!?!?! You are on SZ, buddy - it ain't no hobby, it's passion, religion, and unbounded cosmic love rolled into one.

Comment

• Ahimsa
                                Vegan Police
                                • Sep 2011

Originally posted by eleves View Post
                                Apparently Jordan Peele is in talks to direct the Akira remake? I understand that "Get Out" was super acclaimed but wow, this seems super super out of left field.

http://screenrant.com/akira-get-out-...eele-director/

Also, has anyone seen Boku no Hero Academia? Is it worth watching?
                                That sounds like a train wreck waiting to happen. And with the Darevdevil TV writer? Might as well cast Nicholas Cage while they're at it.

Boku no Hero Academia starts of pretty good then takes a bit of a nose dive a few episodes in. If you're looking for something of that nature I'd say check out like The Irregular at Magic High School, but fair warning, the animation is that ugly new Gundam Seed style nonsense.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎