Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • goldsamxo
    • Jan 2017

Anyone have any shows they've excited for for this new season?
    I'm excited for Boruto & Berserk S2 as diehard fans of the series, but there's not much other than those that I'm excited for. I was excited for Sekai no Yami Zukan but the first episode came out & it was pretty harshly reviewed. Clockwork Planet is my most excited for 'new' show.

I found the Boku no Hero anime to be pretty lack-luster & way too slow moving. Animation / action is great, but I highly advise reading the manga instead. The story in there is way way better, and you get to meet some incredible villains. A lot better I feel.
    Originally Posted by Latoya Sizemore View Post

It would be great if one cane wear little bit loose T-shirts with some great prints like marijuana leaves, cannabis, weeds etc.
    Most of the youngsters will like to wear fashionable and chill clothing, which give a great looks to youngsters.

Comment

• goldsamxo
      • Jan 2017

Also figured I should post this now to solidify my full nerd status

My Guts tattoo from the Conviction arc in Berserk. I also have a Tokyo Ghoul:RE & Naruto manga panel tattoo (and Lady Maria from Bloodborne).
      Getting a Jojo tattoo as soon as I have money.. So yeah you can see why I'm excited for Berserk S2..

It would be great if one cane wear little bit loose T-shirts with some great prints like marijuana leaves, cannabis, weeds etc.
      Most of the youngsters will like to wear fashionable and chill clothing, which give a great looks to youngsters.

Comment

• Ahimsa
        Vegan Police
        • Sep 2011

Oh shit.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• goldsamxo
          • Jan 2017

Originally posted by Ahimsa View Post
          Oh shit.

Part of me is nervous as I never imagined Junji Ito's works being animated but another part of me is incredibly excited. Studio DEEN is doing the animation, who did the anime for my all time favorite series (Higurashi) and was able to make the show genuinely horrifying, so I think we should be good.

Comment

• Monoral
            • Mar 2014

Glyceride, Hanging Balloons and Army of One I wanna see the most

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
              • Apr 2013

Originally posted by goldsamxo View Post
              Part of me is nervous as I never imagined Junji Ito's works being animated but another part of me is incredibly excited. Studio DEEN is doing the animation, who did the anime for my all time favorite series (Higurashi) and was able to make the show genuinely horrifying, so I think we should be good.
              studio DEEN is not known for its amazing animation though so this could be a huge problem, I like how they took on some series, and have had terrible animation post 2007 although even saying this is pretty meme-esque(cliche), but you could take a series like Log Horizon into account and how season 1 was handled by Satelight and executed in a very professional manner versus DEEN's season 2.

Although for Ito's work this is a very high profile project(ambitious) so hopefully they have the budget to get it done with respect and quality.
              Originally posted by unwashed
              Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
              Originally posted by Ahimsa
              I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• Ahimsa
                Vegan Police
                • Sep 2011

Originally posted by TriggerDiscipline View Post
                studio DEEN is not known for its amazing animation though so this could be a huge problem, I like how they took on some series, and have had terrible animation post 2007 although even saying this is pretty meme-esque(cliche), but you could take a series like Log Horizon into account and how season 1 was handled by Satelight and executed in a very professional manner versus DEEN's season 2.

Although for Ito's work this is a very high profile project(ambitious) so hopefully they have the budget to get it done with respect and quality.
                I'm just hoping they don't ruin it with all that weird CGI I've been seeing in all the anime. The new Berserk anime is completely unwatchable because of it.

On another note, the new Devilman Crybaby on Netflix is absolutely amazing. It's directed by Masaaki Yuasa and written by Ichirō Ōkouchi and based on the original manga so it's chock full of absurd gore and nudity. After all the terrible looking CGI animes I've been seeing popup on Netflix the animation on this blew me away. This with the airing of Little Witch Academia and Castlevania, are giving me high hopes Netflix will start putting some money into proper animation studio productions.
                StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
                  • Apr 2013

I'm just hoping they don't ruin it with all that weird CGI I've been seeing in all the anime. The new Berserk anime is completely unwatchable because of it.

On another note, the new Devilman Crybaby on Netflix is absolutely amazing. It's directed by Masaaki Yuasa and written by Ichirō Ōkouchi and based on the original manga so it's chock full of absurd gore and nudity. After all the terrible looking CGI animes I've been seeing popup on Netflix the animation on this blew me away. This with the airing of Little Witch Academia and Castlevania, are giving me high hopes Netflix will start putting some money into proper animation studio productions.
                  Watch houseki no kuni it will change your entire perspective on the mix of CGI and traditional animation. It can be done!
                  I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• goldsamxo
                    • Jan 2017

Went into Devilman with high expectations (fan of the manga) and was absolutely blown away. Such a charm.

This season's been pretty good so far; Overlord finally got a second season (it's seriously so good), Pop Team Epic somehow got animated - tones down the vulgar language of the manga but it's an absolute shit-show in the best possible way, Citrus seems to be a gay anime that isn't fetishizing lesbians which is cool (haven't read the manga yet, added it to my list so maybe it does fetishize, correct me if I'm wrong).

Also the Junji Ito anime was fabulous - I was sitting there thinking of Higurashi the entire time (in terms of the animation) but it was great.

2017 was a strong year - my favorite of the whole year was Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou (Girl's Last Ride). The definition of 'cute girls doing cute shit', it's fun, light-hearted and sometimes super deep. Give it a chance if you have the time.

Comment

• deltapie
                      • Feb 2014

Here's to hoping 2018 will produce a berserk adaptation that isn't dog shit. Also devilman and crybaby lives up to the hype, i binge watched it not knowing any of the source material and loved it.
                      "Keep Mr. Saberi healthy — he knows too much

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
                        • Apr 2013

Originally posted by deltapie View Post
                        Here's to hoping 2018 will produce a berserk adaptation that isn't dog shit. Also devilman and crybaby lives up to the hype, i binge watched it not knowing any of the source material and loved it.
                        I think its more of an alternative adaptation than a true one?

this is a good video that outlines a bit about this.

Comment

• Monoral
                          • Mar 2014

Guts Vs. Grunbeld fight looks just like the old Playstation 2 game cutscenes!

Comment

• brotzeit
                            • Feb 2018

I love Full Metal Alchemist. Recently though they came out with a live movie by Netflix and it was a disaster :(

Comment

• eleves
                              • Sep 2012

I agree with what everyone's saying about Devilman Crybaby, was pretty great overall! I've never read the original manga but I did notice that there's another Devilman title on Netflix and will probably check that out soon.

I also recently started watching Made in Abyss and also saw that it won Crunchyroll's Anime of the Year Award for 2017. I'm only 3 episodes in and I think I like where it's going but not sure about it yet. Has anyone else seen it?
                              Originally posted by Faust
                              HOBBY?! HOBBY?!?!?!?!?! You are on SZ, buddy - it ain't no hobby, it's passion, religion, and unbounded cosmic love rolled into one.

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
                                • Apr 2013

Made in Abyss is certainly something to watch to the end, the more you watch the better it gets.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎