X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Osseovs
    • Oct 2012

Originally posted by mikemikemike View Post
    i would add that the first vampire hunter D movie is very good also. also i recommend galaxy express 999 even with its deviation from the source is very good.
    I definitely agree. I mainly figured that Bloodlust would be a more suitable introduction.

Comment

• Crowzer
      • Feb 2011

Bloodlust is one of my favorite movie. Just very good.
      By the way, anyone is watching Fate Stay Night - Unlimited Blade Works ?

Comment

• Ahimsa
        Vegan Police
        • Sep 2011

The full second season of Mushi-Shi is on Hulu now for anyone that needs an amazing anime to watch. (You don't need to have seen the first season to watch the second, they're all standalone episodes.)

Speaking of which, is there anything new out there that someone can recommend? I'm a little disappointed by the new Ghost in the Shell Arise series.
        StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• eleves
          • Sep 2012

I second mushi shi, it's pretty good and I like how I feel when watching it. A sort of introspective anime almost.

I also just finished sword art online (what is available on Netflix) and was super disappointed with the direction it went in. I was really into the first part and I wish it continued that way.

I somewhat remember watching an episode of .hack//Sign a long time ago when it used to be on TV late at night, is it similar to Sword Art Online and is it worth watching?
          Originally posted by Faust
          HOBBY?! HOBBY?!?!?!?!?! You are on SZ, buddy - it ain't no hobby, it's passion, religion, and unbounded cosmic love rolled into one.

Comment

• NOHSAD
            • Nov 2014

Originally posted by eleves View Post
            I second mushi shi, it's pretty good and I like how I feel when watching it. A sort of introspective anime almost.

I also just finished sword art online (what is available on Netflix) and was super disappointed with the direction it went in. I was really into the first part and I wish it continued that way.

I somewhat remember watching an episode of .hack//Sign a long time ago when it used to be on TV late at night, is it similar to Sword Art Online and is it worth watching?
            .Hack//Sign is famous for being one of the first anime to use the VRMMO genere and having a story that uses VR gaming while having a deeper meaning of "The World" (the name of the VRMMORPG in .Hack//Sign). There's A LOT of versions to .Hack as well as movies that follows up from the shows so it's best if you start from the very first one and watch them in order, so it makes sense. In comparison to the SAO series, .Hack is more about a deeper understanding of The World and it's relation to the real world and issues that occurs from it while as SAO is mostly about boy saves girl in life and death VRMMO game while being over powered and skilled.

TLDR; .Hack//Sign - developed story line that goes beyond just playing in a VRMMORPG.

SAO series - basic storyline, lots of action/ bit of romance.
            "Instead of feeling alone in a group, it's better to have real solitude all by yourself"

ShopDDavis.etsy.com

IG: @D.__Dvais

Comment

• Ahimsa
              Vegan Police
              • Sep 2011

^ I would also like to note that .Hack//Sign has one of the best soundtracks (imo) in anime, especially in how it brings one deeper into the anime.

It's definitely not as action heavy as SAO, and focuses more on the main character and their self.
              StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• eleves
                • Sep 2012

Thanks guys! I guess I found what I'm going to start watching next!
                HOBBY?! HOBBY?!?!?!?!?! You are on SZ, buddy - it ain't no hobby, it's passion, religion, and unbounded cosmic love rolled into one.

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
                  • Apr 2013

you're better off watching Log Horizon if you want a current mmorpg thing.
                  Originally posted by unwashed
                  Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
                  Originally posted by Ahimsa
                  I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• eleves
                    • Sep 2012

Originally posted by TriggerDiscipline View Post
                    you're better off watching Log Horizon if you want a current mmorpg thing.
                    I just looked Log Horizon up and it looks good! I usually watch things at home and on the train ride during my commute so I'll watch both of them!

Comment

• NoisyArmchair
                      • Mar 2014

Did everyone figure out that the whole MMORPG anime thing came from the Greed Island Arc of Hunter x Hunter (probably the greatest of shonen-y anime).

Comment

• NoisyArmchair
                        • Mar 2014

Originally posted by Ahimsa View Post
                        From the same manga creator of Tekkonkinkreet is the 12 episode series Ping-Pong the Animation, which is by far the best anime series I have seen in a loooong time.
                        The Ping Pong anime is made by Masaaki Yuasa, he's my favourite person in anime, absolutely ridiculous animation director, if you want to check out other things by him check out the film Mind Game as soon as possible.

Kaiba is a magical series, check that out soon after.

Also you may have not have noticed but a lot of Ping Pong and Space Dandy share animation similarities because they an excellent animator who was a young dutch/iranian teen who started out in small communities making 2-minute gifs like this and within 18 months was animating for shows like that.

Absolutely ridiculous.

Comment

• NoisyArmchair
                          • Mar 2014

Originally posted by NoisyArmchair View Post
                          The Ping Pong anime is made by Masaaki Yuasa, he's my favourite person in anime, absolutely ridiculous animation director, if you want to check out other things by him check out the film Mind Game as soon as possible.

Kaiba is a magical series, check that out soon after.

Also you may have not have noticed but a lot of Ping Pong and Space Dandy share animation similarities because they an excellent animator who was a young dutch/iranian teen who started out in small communities making 2-minute gifs like this and within 18 months was animating for shows like that.

Absolutely ridiculous.

Here's a space dandy gif too, google Bahijd and you'll discover his stuff pretty quickly.

Comment

• eleves
                            • Sep 2012

Literally just finished watching Samurai Champloo. So mad at myself for not watching so many of these sooner but it was so good. I haven't watched Cowboy Bebop yet either but I've heard many good things about it

Comment

• thinbuddha
                              • Jul 2011

has anyone watched serial experiments lain? thoughts? i want a new show.

Comment

• NOHSAD
                                • Nov 2014

Originally posted by eleves View Post
                                Literally just finished watching Samurai Champloo. So mad at myself for not watching so many of these sooner but it was so good. I haven't watched Cowboy Bebop yet either but I've heard many good things about it
                                If Champloo brought a Hip-Hop essence to the show, then Bebop brings a Jazz essence. Bebop Is older than Champloo but It's still an amazing anime from the personalities of the characters, Interesting storyline (that has a smooth-fast paced action coupled with a captivating, at least at It's time, take on space) and IMO a way to make you think In retrospect about certain aspects of life that some viewers can relate to. You'll most likely enjoy watching series, especially how the opening goes

P.S:

Samurai Champloo = Hip-Hop
                                Cowboy Bebop = Jazz
                                Space Dandy = Funk
                                "Instead of feeling alone in a group, it's better to have real solitude all by yourself"

ShopDDavis.etsy.com

IG: @D.__Dvais

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎