X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ahimsa
    Vegan Police
    • Sep 2011

Just re-watched FMA Brotherhood because I can't find anything good. Definitely growing anime jaded haha. Too many series are just rushed versions of the manga, losing the real story, and get botched in the process.

Recently watched:

Tokyo Ghoul: Was hoping it was going to get good but then never did.

Rage of Bahamut: Animation is quite good, which is refreshing with all the terribly animated series coming out. Story is mediocre.

Knights of Sidonia: Pretty decent with plot and pacing, although seen before. Animation drives me up the wall (CG).

Mushishi Zoku Shou (2nd Season): Not as good as the first season, unfortunately. Couldn't put my finger on it, but maybe after watching the first season the second one loses the feeling that I got from first watching.
    StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• En.
      • May 2015

Originally posted by Ahimsa View Post
      Just re-watched FMA Brotherhood because I can't find anything good. Definitely growing anime jaded haha. Too many series are just rushed versions of the manga, losing the real story, and get botched in the process.
      Brotherhood's beginning was rushed after the original did it splendidly. It's like the animators decided to just avoid redoing it properly.
      Tokyo Ghoul: Was hoping it was going to get good but then never did.
      The Tokyo Ghoul anime is an awful adaption of the manga and the second season didn't change that. I am curious about how the animators will handle :re.

Originally posted by BlacknWhite View Post
      Reading Bakuman at the moment.
      Obata's art makes it worth a read.

Comment

• Ahimsa
        Vegan Police
        • Sep 2011

Originally posted by En. View Post
        The Tokyo Ghoul anime is an awful adaption of the manga and the second season didn't change that. I am curious about how the animators will handle :re.
        It borrows heavily from Dorohedoro so I'm just gonna pick that back up instead of investing any more time into TG.

Comment

• eleves
          • Sep 2012

In the middle of watching Akira for the first time and I am completely blown away by the animation!
          Originally posted by Faust
          HOBBY?! HOBBY?!?!?!?!?! You are on SZ, buddy - it ain't no hobby, it's passion, religion, and unbounded cosmic love rolled into one.

Comment

• BlacknWhite
            • Apr 2014

Originally posted by eleves View Post
            In the middle of watching Akira for the first time and I am completely blown away by the animation!
            Visually, yea it was pretty good, but you need to read the manga to really appreciate it all. Condensing a very large 6 volume manga into a movie almost never yields great results.

Comment

• eleves
              • Sep 2012

Well, speaking of Akira: word is that Christopher Nolan is producing a live action Akira remake
              Originally posted by Faust
              HOBBY?! HOBBY?!?!?!?!?! You are on SZ, buddy - it ain't no hobby, it's passion, religion, and unbounded cosmic love rolled into one.

Comment

• En.
                • May 2015

Well, speaking of Akira: word is that Christopher Nolan is producing a live action Akira remake
                Hopefully it's not true. After his awful take on Batman and the mediocre films after Begins, the only redeeming qualities are the effects. Anime should remain untouched as anime.

Memento and Following were good.

Comment

• Ahimsa
                  Vegan Police
                  • Sep 2011

This sounds amazing and horrifying at the same time. I love Christopher Nolan but I can't see a live action version being any good at all. Practical effects would make it really nice visually, but if CGI is the focus it'll look straight up terrible.

Comment

• LOVE
                    • Dec 2007

Great I've always wondered what zac efron and Channing Tatum would look like as tetsuo and kaneda

Comment

• ADreamofBlue
                      • Sep 2015

It's a real shame he's not involved with Ghost in the Shell instead... that live-action adaptation is going to be a flaming train wreck that completely drains all the appreciable qualities. Scarlett Johansson playing Kusanagi... ugh.
                      who slips in to my body and whispers to my ghost?

Comment

• DudleyGray
                        • Jul 2013

Speaking of live-action anime, just bought tickets to go see Attack on Titan next week, weee
                        bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• NOHSAD
                          • Nov 2014

Originally posted by DudleyGray View Post
                          Speaking of live-action anime, just bought tickets to go see Attack on Titan next week, weee
                          I saw it a few weeks ago. Don't want to spoil it for you but I will say the production + make up team did a damn good job on the titans w/o them looking tacky. Looking forward to Pt. 2 .
                          "Instead of feeling alone in a group, it's better to have real solitude all by yourself"

ShopDDavis.etsy.com

IG: @D.__Dvais

Comment

• SafetyKat
                            • Aug 2014

Originally posted by DudleyGray View Post
                            ahhh can't wait to see that! I'm looking forward to seeing how they animate the titans and make them move compared to the anime. The colossal titan looks so freaking badass in the trailer.

Comment

• DudleyGray
                              • Jul 2013

The reviews are apparently awful, so I'm keeping my expectations low. Hopefully, it's at least "fun."
                              bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• Ahimsa
                                Vegan Police
                                • Sep 2011

^The Japanese live-action film industry (in general) is years behind in terms of production and funding. I don't expect much from any anime adaptation either. The Death Note adaptation was absolutely horrendous.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎