Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BlacknWhite
    • Apr 2014

Soooooo what do you all think the One Piece treasure is? Apparently, Oda says he'll be working on it for another ten years or so, which is insane. The guy works everyday, sleeps for about 3-4 hours, and only takes breaks for showers and eating.

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
      • Apr 2013

Originally posted by BlacknWhite View Post
      Soooooo what do you all think the One Piece treasure is? Apparently, Oda says he'll be working on it for another ten years or so, which is insane. The guy works everyday, sleeps for about 3-4 hours, and only takes breaks for showers and eating.
      ccp titanium dipped derbies
      Originally posted by unwashed
      Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
      Originally posted by Ahimsa
      I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• ADreamofBlue
        • Sep 2015

Evangelion 3.33 finally got a release date inked in for the west - 2/2/16.
        who slips in to my body and whispers to my ghost?

Comment

• LOVE
          • Dec 2007

Man I've already watched the subbed version so many times online, just wish they would release 4.44 already. NGE is far and above my favorite.

Recently watched and enjoyed:
          Expelled from Paradise
          Kill la Kill
          Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet
          Knights of Sidonia
          Sword Art Online
          Aldnoah.Zero

also watched Attack on Titan which was not for me, I stuck thru season 1 only half enjoying it. there were some great scenes towards the end of the season though barely enough to justify sticking with it for me. then i went ahead and read plot spoilers from the manga, and boy that universe is just not my style.

Comment

• ADreamofBlue
            • Sep 2015

You liked SAO? Really? Even with that... let's say interesting second half?

I watched Kill la Kill... I can see why people like it, but it was a bit much for me. A certain power Ryuuko had really put the final nail in the coffin.

Aldnoah.Zero I heard had a cliffhanger? It's unfinished? Something like that. I've read good things about it, though. I'll definitely give it a look.

I'm frankly not familiar with the other three, really. I know Knights from Netflix but that's about all I know about it. AoT is just another show I haven't seen yet. From what I know about it, it's quite the anomaly for it to have become so popular concerning how dark/violent it can get. I've heard it has filler, though, which is disconcerting because of how short it is...

Comment

• NOHSAD
              • Nov 2014

SAO as an anime, it went downhill once Kazuto went into ALO. It's not a bad series, far from it, but I suggest reading the novels (story's more in depth, characters are further examined and it goes beyond GGO)
              "Instead of feeling alone in a group, it's better to have real solitude all by yourself"

ShopDDavis.etsy.com

IG: @D.__Dvais

Comment

• LOVE
                • Dec 2007

Haven't finished Aldnoah so I'm not sure. This country has always had an obsession with gore it just seems a lot more acceptable now that Game of Thrones is popular, for some reason.

Honestly Sword Art is probably my least favorite on my list besides Attack on Titan, but I think it's because I like my anime with a lot of mecha and lasers so I'm very biased. The story was very good. If by second half you mean the next game I thought it was a smart move story-wise, even though I can't stand elves.

Comment

• ADreamofBlue
                  • Sep 2015

NOHSAD & LOVE - I admit that the first half of SAO was quite entertaining, even with all the Mary Sues, but the second half just crashed it in to the wall.

I haven't seen SAO2 yet (which I'm assuming is where GGO comes in to play) - I do plan to watch because I do like to finish things I start, even though I might not like them overall. They have novels though? I thought it all came from some guy's fan fiction.

LOVE - When Kirito finally got out of his coma, I was hoping that they wouldn't turn the relationship between his cousin and him... I think we're on the same page. I don't want to spoil anything. The elf thing was pretty bad too lol.

The Game of Thrones thing also is peculiar to me - I've heard that it gets quite raunchy. I've tried watching the first episode three times, two at the request of friends telling me to "give it another shot," but I can't get past 25 minutes of it. It's just so boring to me.

Comment

• NOHSAD
                    • Nov 2014

SAO's originally a novel, which got adapted to manga and then to the anime. Also, the author for SAO is also the same one who did Excel World (takes place in the same universe as SAO and is set about 20 years after it.)
                    "Instead of feeling alone in a group, it's better to have real solitude all by yourself"

ShopDDavis.etsy.com

Comment

• LOVE
                      • Dec 2007

Oh wow lol I only watched season one of SAO on Netflix and assumed it was a standalone because it pretty much resolves itself. Watching season two now, very excited.

Comment

• Ahimsa
                        Vegan Police
                        • Sep 2011

My brother just got a Gundam tattoo, so kind of my hero right now.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
                          • Apr 2013

SAO anime is filth, the light novels are better but I am not expecting anyone in here to be able to read japanese, and I am also not sure about the translations.

Attack on Titan is also pretty average and the Manga it is adapted from is drawn rather poorly due to the manga artists health, although the originality and mystery makes it a compelling story, but they will probably never reach that basement.

I thought a. zero was pretty average. no more to say about that.

recent MMO anime I watched was OVERLORD, its way better than SAO but not better than Log Horizon which also falls under the stuck in a fantasy MMO genre... I tried to read the Light Novels it was based on but I just could not get passed the writing style, it was just not for me.

Some other fantasy related / world jumping recommendations are GATE that aired this past season, and No Game No Life which is a bit older and has somewhat of an unsatisfying ending but the ride might be enjoyable enough to justify it.

last is Ore Monogatari (no relation to the spiritual psychological monogatari series) although a Shojo Anime, if youre not hooked by the 4th episode then it is probably not for you, but it has the least shallow conflicts and redeemable characters for a shojo manga adapted anime. full marks for this one.
                          I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
                            • Apr 2013

also im surprised no one has mentioned shokugeki no soma, its the best battle shonen of last season for sure if not the year, but I guess we have to see what happens with one punch man.

Comment

• BlacknWhite
                              • Apr 2014

One Punch Man looks exciting, not sure how long it'll last, but it will do for now.

Comment

• NOHSAD
                                • Nov 2014

Originally posted by TriggerDiscipline View Post
                                SAO anime is filth, the light novels are better but I am not expecting anyone in here to be able to read japanese, and I am also not sure about the translations.
                                There's no arguing that SAO anime's a joke when you look at it as a whole. As for the light novels, last time I know, they were translated up until the Rosario Arc. I've read SAO up until GGO, translated. It's done very well and nothing seems out of place while reading.

Shingeki no Soma is amazing for the fact that managed to make cooking absolute badass and the amount of thought that goes into it shows.

I'm not really interested in this seasons anime, been reading manga mostly as that's been keeping my interest.

ShopDDavis.etsy.com

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎