No announcement yet.

anime!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you think about Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei?)

Don't really deep into manga/anime theme, but my tops are here:

FLCL
    Eva
    SZS
    Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
    Shiguriu
    Basilisk
    Samurai Champloo

And Blame.

Comment

• elephantstone
      • Jan 2011

Most of my favorites are mentioned in this thread... Used to watch some anime before but the only ones I'm still following are One Piece and Miyazaki's movies

Watching Level E recently really brings out memories. It's really a shame that Yoshihiro Togashi sensei just won't update regularly God knows how much I want him to finish Hunter X Hunter....

Don't if anybody is into sports manga... But Mitsuru Adachi's H2 has to be my all time favorite sports manga. Like Miyazaki, his works just hit the soft spot of my heart

Comment

Oh. Who saw the Kemonozume? It's fantastic.

way back to Gainax and sensei Hideaki Anno:

Corpse Princess
        He is my master
        Panty and Stocking

Great. so gainax, but great)

Comment

• jogu
          • Jun 2009

Originally posted by kuriz View Post
          I haven't seen or read a whole lot of manga/anime but the whole Naruto world I must say really is interesting. I love watching those episodes, the only problem is that sometimes the powerful guys sometimes don't get the attention they should. They're lead up to being fantastic power fighters, but then one of our main characters freak out in anger and get some strange power to overwhelm them completely.

I saw Elfen(Elven?) Lied once but its so long ago. Most people found it very good but even though I did manage to see all of the episodes it didn't really catch my attention.

Do you guys have any other ideas to what a quite newly anime fan can watch that is in the fantasy world without it being too strange? :)
          oh god i love naruto , i dont rly watch the anime tho i just read the manga but ill watch it if theres a specific battle i want to see . some of the more powerful guys dont get all the atn they should specially if theyre villains but thats kinda how it is . i mean u dont wanna reveal all your tricks before a fight otherwise u wont surprise ur opponents .
          like my boy kisame , hes so fuckin crazy i love it . i still think he was able to take down the 8 tails and the 8tails friend when they squared off . when it was abruptly ended cos killerbees brother showed up for double lariat i was like whaaaat ? gimme a goddam break theres no way .

speakin of kisame i just finished readin this weeks chapter , i think its odd that neither he or konan were resurrected by edo tensei from kabuto . only thing i could thikn of was no one was aware yet that kisame had died since he was away spying on naruto at the time . for konan im not sure why she wasnt part of the resurrected , in the end it turned out she was the one in akatsuki who could have actually killed madara and forced him to sacrifice an eye to use izinagi just like he did when he fought senju hashirama . i thought maybe its cos kabuto didnt have the dna requirements for her or kisame but if he could acquire everyone elses including nagato and itachi and whoever was in the mystery coffin then he should have been able to get hers. im hoping towards the end of the 4th ninja world war when the alliance is gainin back the upper hand that kabuto or madara use edo tensei and summon those last 2 as surprise reinforcements .

and i cannot fuckin wait to see what itachi / nagato are gonna get forced to do . 2 of the best eye techniques fighting together as one squad . and i bet those 2 alone are capable of taking out about half of the alliance themselves
          Last edited by jogu; 05-21-2011, 08:38 PM.

Comment

• Raw
            • Oct 2009

I just finished watching the X-Men Anime which was really quite enjoyable. It's short, only 12 episodes, so definately worth checking out. Although, I thought the ending could have had a more epic battle.

Comment

• docus
              • Dec 2010

A few of my favourites:

RahXephon
              Haibane Renmei
              NieA Under 7
              Martian Successor Nadesico
              Kare Kano
              Kaiba
              Boogiepop Phantom
              Cowboy Bebop (of course...)

Comment

• aussy
                • Jul 2011

Saw mention of Monster; anyone interested in Urasawa's written work i.e. Pluto, 20th Century Boys?

Comment

• tomatous
                  Banned
                  • Jan 2009

Im with you rilu, on the Berserk manga. Ive been following it for quite some time. Wish they followed up the anime, maybe someday..

Comment

• kowei
                    • Jul 2010

Tried to watch Durarara!!. I found it beautiful but gosh, how boring...

Comment

• stereophobic
                      • Aug 2009

There is already a new Berserk anime project headed our way for 2012 for the Golden Age arc, I believe I posted youtube links in this thread quite some time back.

If you're hankering for something in a similar vein, I recommend Shingeki no Kyojin/Attack on Titan which has become somewhat of a surprise hit in Japan.
                      An object in possession seldom retains the same charm that it had in pursuit.

Comment

• stereophobic
                        • Aug 2009

fuck you just made me realize it's been exactly a year + 1 day since I posted that... and I'm still waiting.
                        An object in possession seldom retains the same charm that it had in pursuit.

Comment

• tron
                          • Dec 2010

I'm just finishing up reading Higurashi and wow this is one of the best manga I've ever encountered. The way the entire thing is structured is so amazing not to mention the way they just trickle details to you over the entire manga. I really recommend reading it or checking out the anime (which apparently follows it quite closely)
                          "I think perfection is ugly. Somewhere in the things humans make, I want to see scars, failure, disorder, distortion."

Comment

• tron
                            • Dec 2010

it's a murder mystery kind of story but with the kind of craziness only seen in manga. It's a little cutesie but it's offset by gruesome murders and dismemberment

also I really see how those all tie together, that's quite interesting.
                            What exactly is the last piece though? A shawl or some kind of sweater? It looks incredible
                            "I think perfection is ugly. Somewhere in the things humans make, I want to see scars, failure, disorder, distortion."

Comment

• Ahimsa
                              Vegan Police
                              • Sep 2011

Originally posted by rilu
                              Ergo Proxy and Dennō Coil are maybe my all time favorites :) Simply superb. Next would be Berserk but more as a manga, though I wish it were released a bit faster :-/
                              I wonder though how come Murakami's novels haven't been turned into anime (except for the inspiration that his Hard-boiled Wonderland and the End of the World gave to Haibane Renmei)... he writes in such a picturesque way, an anime would be so easy to adapt.
                              I loved Ergo Proxy (I own the entire series), thus may I ask how this Dennō Coil is? I've never heard of it...

For all the other Berserk fans, check out Art of War, they sell Berserk resin statues etc, but most importantly, real life Beherits.

Edit: Dark Horse comes out with Berserk volume 35 on October 11th...8 more days XD
                              StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• tomatous
                                Banned
                                • Jan 2009

Thank you for that info stereo - you made my day too! Love the connection made to Uma Wang Rilu. If only wearing her pieces equalled god hands devouring the branded ones :X Often times the berserk chapters are translated on the day of Japanese release (way ahead of US release).

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎