X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DHC
    • Jul 2007

Originally posted by larssss View Post
    the MB999 jackets use "LiLi" zippers, no joke.

actually, big joke.
    HAHA!!! Too funny!

Originally posted by eris quod sum View Post
    mb-999 shouldn't even be in the same category as his work,
    as far as i know, it won't be continuing...
    or at least i am hoping it won't.
    Yeah, mb999 was actually taken over by japanese investors a while back and I believe Mya has been at the design helm. There's not much hope for the line with all the corners they've been cutting to try increasing the profit margin. Its really a shame because Mya is a sweet girl with a lot of potential. And you're right. Michel doesn't have anything to do with the line, so its not fair to throw them in the mix together.
    Originally posted by Faust
    fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• lowrey
      ventiundici
      • Dec 2006

Originally posted by DHC View Post
      Perhaps we can merge prior MB season threads to this one?
      if they are merged, the older posts will go above these / in the beginning of the thread, is that cool?
      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• DHC
        • Jul 2007

Originally posted by mike lowrey View Post
        if they are merged, the older posts will go above these / in the beginning of the thread, is that cool?
        Up to you. I was thinking it would be nice to clean the clutter. I'm cool with it. About to call you.
        Originally posted by Faust
        fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• eris quod sum
          • Jun 2009

Yeah, mb999 was actually taken over by japanese investors a while back and I believe Mya has been at the design helm. There's not much hope for the line with all the corners they've been cutting to try increasing the profit margin. Its really a shame because Mya is a sweet girl with a lot of potential. And you're right. Michel doesn't have anything to do with the line, so its not fair to throw them in the mix together.
          yes, i knew he wasn't at all satisfied, but with the quality of his mainline... and then having that come out of factories in china, who would be? MB999 is over though, I'm correct in saying that, yes?

Comment

• Sep 2008

I just saw mb999 at Capsule in Vegas so assuming that it's not.

Comment

• eris quod sum
              • Jun 2009

how unfortunate. maybe quality will improve? but i am not expecting anything.

on another note, i think what i was informed was that he resigned from designing for the MB999 line and detached himself from it completely.

Comment

• Zenith
                • Jun 2009

Correct me if I'm incorrect but wasn't a fair share of Mb999 merely cheapened (both in price and quality) rehashes of previous Berandi seasons? I'm certain that last seasons mb999 zip up leather was pretty much a knockoff of an existing Berandi jacket.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

/\ Isn't that the whole point of a diffusion line?
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• eris quod sum
                    • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Zenith View Post
                    Correct me if I'm incorrect but wasn't a fair share of Mb999 merely cheapened (both in price and quality) rehashes of previous Berandi seasons? I'm certain that last seasons mb999 zip up leather was pretty much a knockoff of an existing Berandi jacket.
                    perfect example was the zip vest with the leather waistband and neck, if you are familiar... we had the mb999 one, retailing around 480$ and the previous season Michel one, retailing around 1800$ (with the detachable mohawk hood of course)

Comment

• Ryno
                      • Aug 2010

From What Michel told me, he did one season of designs for MB999. He had a real falling out with the Japanese investors, andhe basically walked away comepletely. It is actually kind of unfortunate that things went they way they did because in walking away Michel got absolutely nothing out of the deal, except a line that is a knock off of his mainline done in less than great quality (cheaper materials and Chinese manufacturing). Now unsuspecting customers just atomatically affiliate the MB999 line with Michel and assume that it is his stuff and that they are supporting him.

The Japanese have tried to get all of the milage they can out of the initial designs. I believe that they have carried over several of the pieces and just continued to try and push the brand as is...I am aware that they got a new designer, but the couple of seasons that I've seen are exactly the same pieces...which were actually designs Michel did years ago.

I don't think that Michel has ever received the credit or success he deserves. I think that he only has one account left in the US still carrying his stuff. He isn't at Maxfield or Church any more.Does Sartorial Loft still carry his stuff?

Comment

• Sombre
                        • Jan 2009

H. Lorenzo just received some pieces. Sartorialoft had some pieces last fall, but I don't know if they ordered anything this fall. I'll leave that up to them to answer. Traffic still has one or two pieces, but again, I don't know if they ordered the new collection. It's strange that his US distribution is so limited, as he's based in LA if I'm not mistaken.

I do agree with you that he is extremely talented and under-rated. He produces some beautiful coats, and his leather work is excellent. I remember DHC commenting on his treatments some time ago.
                        An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
                        I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎