X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eris quod sum
    • Jun 2009

InAisce

InAisce, meaning "in vain" in Gaelic is the work of a designer based out of New York, Jona. He recently held an exhibition to present his first formal collection for Spring/ Summer 2010. Here are a few looks from the collection...

• zamb
    • Nov 2006

J,
    was gonna post these later today but you beat me to it!
    good to see them here though............
    I went to the presentation and met the designer.

while the work was not perfect, I really liked it alot
    the designer was very sociable and we spent a good time discussing the line
    would love to hear what other members here with a critical eye think of it...........
    “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• C'est Fini
      • Sep 2009

I think the time has come to toss the rags in the dumpster where they belong.

Is it just me or is it hillarious that someone blatantly took something off NAMBLA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(the back hooks and the short coat)

im extremely sorry.

NEXT IN LINE PLEASE!

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

I went to the presentation as well and I liked some of the garments a lot actually. Sure, it is nothing ground breaking, but one can hardly demand that from a designer who is just starting out. I particularly liked the pants and the shorts, the shirt with hooks (I'd wear it open) and the brown leather jacket - very plain and simple, but the lambskin is virtually weightless (at first I thought it was some synthetic fabric that looked like leather). I also liked the scarf - the fabric reminded me of the raw silk that LUC uses in their cardigans.

I think the garment in question, C'est Fini is simply a shirt worn backwards (I could be wrong).
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zamb
          • Nov 2006

Originally posted by C'est Fini View Post
          I think the time has come to toss the rags in the dumpster where they belong.

Is it just me or is it hillarious that someone blatantly took something off NAMBLA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(the back hooks and the short coat)

im extremely sorry.

NEXT IN LINE PLEASE!
          what wrong with you,
          didnt get enough breast milk when you were young, so you are angry at the world now?
          Could you please have some manners and decency...........
          your posts everywhere I see them has been nothing but negative
          it offends my eyes (and mind) to read your words.............
          “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
          .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• C'est Fini
            • Sep 2009

Originally posted by zamb View Post
            what wrong with you,
            didnt get enough breast milk when you were young, so you are angry at the world now?
            Could you please have some manners and decency...........
            your posts everywhere I see them has been nothing but negative
            it offends my eyes (and mind) to read your words.............
            except for the brown jacket i cannot stomach anything.
            I am sorry if I offend you so much.

Now Id really like to know the honest opinion of DHC,HOBO and the retailers that post here..

How many similar lines does one need?

This style is everywhere. Im itching for it to get flushed down the toilet, really.

Comment

• deleuze
              • Jul 2007

Another Rick Owens knockoff

Seriously, the fabrics look really nice but it all appears pretty vacuous as these shots aren't emotive at all; they aren't a gateway to an entire universe of feelings, thoughts, memories, desires. It's just a bunch of potentially cool shit. So I see where C'est Fini is coming from.

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

I can see where you both are coming from - the planet called arrogance. I used to live there too, but I since moved to another planet.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• eris quod sum
                  • Jun 2009

Originally posted by zamb View Post
                  J,
                  was gonna post these later today but you beat me to it!
                  good to see them here though............
                  I went to the presentation and met the designer.

while the work was not perfect, I really liked it alot
                  the designer was very sociable and we spent a good time discussing the line
                  would love to hear what other members here with a critical eye think of it...........
                  Originally posted by Faust View Post
                  I went to the presentation as well and I liked some of the garments a lot actually. Sure, it is nothing ground breaking, but one can hardly demand that from a designer who is just starting out. I particularly liked the pants and the shorts, the shirt with hooks (I'd wear it open) and the brown leather jacket - very plain and simple, but the lambskin is virtually weightless (at first I thought it was some synthetic fabric that looked like leather). I also liked the scarf - the fabric reminded me of the raw silk that LUC uses in their cardigans.

I think the garment in question, C'est Fini is simply a shirt worn backwards (I could be wrong).
                  Thank you to both of you for being constructive about his work! It was great to meet both of you at his event. In my personal opinion, I found his work to be a great introduction for a new line in the US. It was a solid base to build off of for a first collection with some very powerful pieces.

Comment

• eris quod sum
                    • Jun 2009

I can see where you both are coming from - the planet called arrogance. I used to live there too, but I since moved to another planet.

Maybe one day they will find their way out.

Comment

• mrbeuys
                      • May 2008

I can find few things here I don't like the look of. And I honestly can't see the Rick parallels here (apart from the brown jacket). I think there's much more poetry at work here, rough poetry, but nevertheless. But of course anything looks good on Antino...
                      Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• eris quod sum
                        • Jun 2009

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post

I can find few things here I don't like the look of. And I honestly can't see the Rick parallels here (apart from the brown jacket). I think there's much more poetry at work here, rough poetry, but nevertheless. But of course anything looks good on Antino...
                        I think the only Rick parallel that can be pulled is Antino himself.

Comment

• deleuze
                          • Jul 2007

Rick parallel was a joke

I don't think it's arrogance, something about the shoot just looks a little too polished, clearly marketed to a certain group. Like I said the garments look really nice, but with this presentation the collection looks uninspired. Apollonian/Dionysian contrast runner brought up in relation to Harnden I think can be applied here with the terms reversed.

Comment

• Apr 2009

rick parallels -> the model?
                            ;)
                            Originally posted by dji
                            don't hesitate, just buy.

Comment

• Sombre
                              • Jan 2009

Originally posted by C'est Fini View Post
                              except for the brown jacket i cannot stomach anything.
                              I am sorry if I offend you so much.

Now Id really like to know the honest opinion of DHC,HOBO and the retailers that post here..

How many similar lines does one need?

This style is everywhere. Im itching for it to get flushed down the toilet, really.
                              You do know what kind of forum this is, right? I'm going to echo Faust and ask: do you really see this style that frequently in your everyday life? I know I don't. And these labels, philosophies, and expressions existed before you and I did; the only reason you're want it gone so badly is because you come to this site all the time and see it in pictures on a computer screen. Unless you're seeing and touching the fabrics everyday I don't think you're in a position to adequately posit that opinion. I can count on one hand the number of times I've handled the work discussed here. Every time I was impressed. Stop living in 2-D, and quit the tunnel vision.

As for the collection, I like it. I like most of the pants. And I can't say this is a knockoff of (place favourite designer here). There are one or two looks that wouldn't look out of place in suburbia (meant here as a compliment).
                              An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
                              I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎