Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fenix
    • Aug 2010

I stand corrected. I actually thought there was a slight variation to the styles. Either way, I'd wear Heidi's boots if they were bigger. :)

Can't wait to get a glimpse of what Jona has to offer for S/S.
    Originally posted by hausofblaq
    Grow up.

Comment

• Chant
      Banned
      • Jun 2008

Comment

• stereophobic
        • Aug 2009

since we're discussing In Aisce footwear I figure I should chime in having handled the SS11 horse leather boot.

it's the little details one finds in the boots that truly give me an idea of how passionate Jona is about his label and how articulate he is in giving life to his designs.

I love that the sole and heel of the boots have underwent some form of distressing- that is to say, it looks like someone took a knife and scored the leather soles and heel several times. the boots actually have some traction from day one and if you still wish to vibram them, the scoring on the sole would actually help the glue adhere better to the sole. it's such a simple yet thoughtful gesture that imho many others ought to reproduce.
        An object in possession seldom retains the same charm that it had in pursuit.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

BoF article on Jona
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Raw
            • Oct 2009

Interesting article, didn't know Jona had a strong connection to Japan. Also, the way I was pronouncing InAisce sure was wrong lol.

Comment

• interest1
              • Nov 2008

Best part was J's "I like the woods and I like wood" comment, lulz. Doubt he meant for it to sound humorous, but I'm still puttin' that shit on a t-shirt & giving it to him...

Originally posted by Raw View Post
              . . . Also, the way I was pronouncing InAisce sure was wrong lol.

Raw, if it makes you feel any better, nobody calls it "in - ask -eeeeeee". Not even Jona!
              We actually had a conversation about that very pronunciation like last December – and concluded that it miiight not make the best impression on new custies once they realize it sounds like they're asking for the "in ass key"
              sain't

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Raw View Post
                didn't know Jona had a strong connection to Japan.
                just look at the side of his head

LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• dji
                  • Feb 2008

I adopted a slightly crass Australianised pronunciation of InAisce based on one of the previous published phonetic guides, in-arse-car.

some interesting insight in to Jona's background, thanks for sharing.

also I knew that he produced his footwear in Italy but didn't know they were made from Guidi leather, does explain the amazing quality though.

Comment

• haolee
                    Banned
                    • Sep 2011

i love this brand!!!i just got one of theAW11collection!!and it's amazing!!

Comment

• the breaks
                      • Sep 2007

thats great. keep us posted on what you think about things
                      Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
                        • Mar 2009

Really feeling the slippers! The way he has progressed from his first season, is fantastic . Whilst still in keeping with an aesthetic/style , which is undoubtedly his own. I just wish , not just in this case, that designers would cut the shoulders slightly broader. Just a little bit.
                        Last edited by SHYE_POSER; 10-03-2011, 10:35 AM.
                        merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• Crowzer
                          • Feb 2011

Some pieces are just exceptional! Gonna have a look on this brand.

Also, the way I was pronouncing InAisce sure was wrong lol.
                          I prononce "In Sane" absolutely wrong but I can remember. :)

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by SHYE_POSER View Post
                            If I'm not mistaken, isn't the footwear made by Layer-0 ?
                            Really feeling the slippers! The way he has progressed from his first season, is fantastic . Whilst still in keeping with an aesthetic/style , which is undoubtedly his own. I just wish , not just in this case, that designers would cut the shoulders slightly broader. Just a little bit.
                            I don't think so.
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• darkbydesign
                              • Sep 2010

^^Actually yeah.

Can I see more photos of Jona's InAisce leather pants?

His clothing fits me like a glove, so it'd be the perfect match for leather and my body!

I just haven't seen these around. Please PM me or show! I'd love to see more. :)

Thx
                              DxD

Comment

• Chant
                                Banned
                                • Jun 2008

From An Unknown Quantity blog

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰