X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Yes, they are really well made and that gray is so beautiful!
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• cowsareforeating
      • Jan 2011

aethm - https://www.facebook.com/Aethm
      Get full access to this domain. Easy, seamless transactions. Zero percent financing available.

Inaisce footwear SS14?

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

It's a new sneaker capsule, unrelated to the main line. They will be reasonably priced.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Ekinerkan
          • Jan 2013

Inaisce trunk show on Saturday, August 9 at Atelier. Hopefully other SZers will be there? I am looking forward to viewing this pieces though unaware of what to expect (do trunk shows contain new or archive pieces, or a medley?). Regardless, I shall provide pictures.
          “The noise of the bars, the grit of the sidewalks,
          The decaying plane trees shedding leaves in the dark,
          The omnibus a hurricane of rattling iron and mud,
          That screeches, badly aligned on its wheels,
          And slowly rolls its green and yellow eyes,
          Workers going to their club, smoking clay pipes
          Under the noses of the police officers,
          Dripping roofs, sweating walls, slippery pavement,
          Cracked asphalt, streams filling the gutter,
          That’s my road—with heaven at the end.”
          -- Paul Verlaine

Comment

• Anomie
            • Jan 2011

Very excited to see what he will do next. He is extremely talented.

Comment

• zamb
              • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Anomie View Post
              Very excited to see what he will do next. He is extremely talented.
              Yea.............
              Do you think this is some kind of joke or amusement park?
              “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
              .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Anomie
                • Jan 2011

Originally posted by zamb View Post
                Yea.............
                Do you think this is some kind of joke or amusement park?
                Hey Zamb - Maybe my comment was misinterpreted. For one I know Jona and have been a customer for a long time. I also have known about this for some time (as I believe you might have based on some of your veiled comments around here). I was not commenting on the part about him stopping to produce a ready-to-wear line. I was more focused on the future and that an extremely talented artist can know produce work without the constraints of manufacturing, seasonal collections etc.

My apologies if it offended you as a small designer and peer of Jona it was not my intent. I have the upmost respect for how hard it is to run a small brand.

Lastly and off topic the Asymmetric shorts I ordered from you are simply amazing. The craftmanship is stunning.
                Last edited by Anomie; 01-07-2014, 11:25 AM.

Comment

• dji
                  • Feb 2008

sad to hear Jona making the official announcement that he is not continuing with InAisce. one of the most talented new designers out there but carving a market in this niche is difficult, and with the cost associated with the level of quality of the fabrics and construction for relatively small production runs it isn't hard to understand why the label couldn't continue in its current capacity.

Comment

• zamb
                    • Nov 2006

the system is broken, and try as you may and no matter how noble your efforts there are some corrupt people in this industry that needs to go............

Jona is a friend and I wish him well. i heard rumors a long time and while I spoke to him several times in the past few weeks I was afraid to ask.

I dont know what exactly happened but I know how things are because of what I am experiencing at the moment.

whatever my thoughts are i will say in the state of the industry thread because this is the thread about his company and i want it to remain that way................
                    “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• darkbydesign
                      • Sep 2010

^^He really does have a lot of great things up his sleeve and I think he's truly excited about the upcoming one-off pieces and other art he's getting into. The preview pieces he emailed were pretty amazing. However, obviously, INAISCE will be missed as a "ready to wear" line and I do agree that corruption in any industry taints the soul. When I spoke with him, he seemed happy about what's to come, so there was a bitter sweet sense of joy that he had much on the horizon, yet one of my favorite clothing lines (if not the ultimate favorite) would be no more.

Comment

• ///A
                        • Nov 2013

Got a chance to stop by the Showroom yesterday and had a great conversation with Jona about the future. The Layer-0 pieces as well as his continual work with Tiana will definitely see his work carry on for quite some time.

Comment

• TolleyAlways
                          • May 2012

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                          in-eye-ska

in-ask-ee according to this interview.

Anywho, I picked up a pair of the Hermit Shalwar pants and absolutely love them (first piece of InAisce). Sad to hear there's no longer a RTW line but the new projects look amazing. There's a descent amount of the stuff popping up used so hopefully that'll suffice.
                          Last edited by TolleyAlways; 01-27-2014, 03:50 PM.

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

I'm afraid my colleague is wrong on this one.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• wahnfrieden
                              • Feb 2011

I know Jona is still creating, but I'm not sure under what circumstances - I'd heard InAisce would be continued under limited production, sticking to signature pieces and more out-there one-offs. Has there been any news now that it's been almost a year?

Comment

• byhand
                                • Dec 2011

Still want his pilgrim skirt and robe coat. They never appear on the secondary market.
                                Last edited by byhand; 11-17-2014, 09:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎