X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SuE
    • Jan 2013

Originally posted by wahnfrieden View Post
    I know Jona is still creating, but I'm not sure under what circumstances - I'd heard InAisce would be continued under limited production, sticking to signature pieces and more out-there one-offs. Has there been any news now that it's been almost a year?
    He has released a mini collection via some trunk shows in Japan. One at Atrum in the summer and another at K's a few weeks ago. The inaisce facebook page occasionally puts out updates
    One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art ― Oscar Wilde

Comment

• dji
      • Feb 2008

^ pretty sure Jona was just selling what was left from his studio sales as well as some of the limited collaboration pieces from the last year or so. hoping to see more from him in the future in what ever capacity.

Comment

• wahnfrieden
        • Feb 2011

Ah of course, FB does have much more info than the Instagram I've been following... Thanks.

Glad to hear there'll be some kind of new collection next year. The InAisce studio sales were a godsend while they lasted, it's half what I wear now.

Comment

• guardimp
          • Jun 2010

I believe that dji is correct in that is was all leftovers. They kept having new pieces, but they were just moving the stock around the showroom. Stuff that was initially put away in bags and hidden away was eventually brought out. One interesting piece, the suit made of silver insulation was always there. Eventually they stopped having most sizes of their stuff though.

Comment

• MrBushido
            • Dec 2013

byhand, in case you have someone you know in HK or a proxy service that you can use.

I've seen that coat a few times for the last year of so at the IT Outlet silvercord in TST.

They still had it in mid september ' can't remember the size or if it was 50% or 70% off though' my guess is that it's still there.

Comment

• aya1293
              • Apr 2013

Yes Jona had a trunk show held at Atrum where he was selling archive pieces and some previous collab work. I've also got some photos up from the event here.

He also spoke of going to Hong Kong being paid by someone to specifically come over to make clothes for them.

At that time, he did say he was on a break for making collections but as his instagram also suggests, it does seem he is getting back into it?

Comment

• mikemikemike
                • Jun 2011

saw inaisce mentioned in the credits for the current hunger games movie...anyone have any information? did they use previous seasons works or were there pieces made for the film?

Comment

• campiiitos
                  • Aug 2012

I have seen three pieces from FW12 in Catching fire, there might be more. Perhaps I should watch the film again and pay more attention. They contacted the InAisce studio and asked for pieces. The resined horse leather Tengri vest used by Cinna which was not made for the film but part of the collection and was a sample only. This piece never made it to production. Also a wool/cotton Pumice color slit neck long sleeve used by Haymitch towards the very end. He also used a soil color Pilgrim coat. Both pieces made it to production. I haven't seen the new one so I wouldn't be able to tell which pieces were used on that one.
                  Last edited by campiiitos; 11-26-2014, 03:57 PM.

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Also, in one see Woody's character is wearing an Ann D shirt.
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zabriski
                      • Jul 2013

So the only way to buy the new stuff is to go to these 'sample sales' or temporary stores ?

Comment

• Lohikaarme
                        • Jul 2013

Originally posted by zabriski View Post
                        So the only way to buy the new stuff is to go to these 'sample sales' or temporary stores ?
                        Probably just looking through the stockists. IIRC Jona has moved onto other projects.

Comment

• HugAndWug
                          • Aug 2014

Some of the stuff still pops up on eBay/Rakuten. Right now one of the main eBay sellers doesn't have all of his stuff posted so I'm sure it will happen within a week or two. Pieces start at around 150-700 and usually I'm the only one who's bidded on them.

Comment

• NOHSAD
                            • Nov 2014

In addition to eBay and Rakuten, consignment sites like Re-Porter and Cruvior also have a few pieces and every now and then may get additional ones as well.
                            "Instead of feeling alone in a group, it's better to have real solitude all by yourself"

ShopDDavis.etsy.com

IG: @D.__Dvais

Comment

• Lohikaarme
                              • Jul 2013

Originally posted by HugAndWug View Post
                              Some of the stuff still pops up on eBay/Rakuten. Right now one of the main eBay sellers doesn't have all of his stuff posted so I'm sure it will happen within a week or two. Pieces start at around 150-700 and usually I'm the only one who's bidded on them.
                              The dude who posts a bunch of sz4 stuff? All the stuff tends to be too big for me though I'm almost grateful otherwise my bank account would evaporate.

Comment

• HugAndWug
                                • Aug 2014

Originally posted by Lohikaarme View Post
                                The dude who posts a bunch of sz4 stuff? All the stuff tends to be too big for me though I'm almost grateful otherwise my bank account would evaporate.
                                Nah the guy I think you're thinking of has tons of different sizes, just I and some other people scooped up most things in smaller sizes. I got three? sz 1 pieces from him. There are a few 1/2s on eBay right now if you're interested. Not the best pieces but okish.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎