X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lohikaarme
    • Jul 2013

Originally posted by HugAndWug View Post
    Nah the guy I think you're thinking of has tons of different sizes, just I and some other people scooped up most things in smaller sizes. I got three? sz 1 pieces from him. There are a few 1/2s on eBay right now if you're interested. Not the best pieces but okish.
    Ah yeah. He has some size 2 stuff but those pants fit like 48s or larger. July or something someone had the Nasraddin(?) trousers in black (I think) with the leather ties. Didn't pick them up when they were available and cheap

Comment

• HugAndWug
      • Aug 2014

Originally posted by Lohikaarme View Post
      Ah yeah. He has some size 2 stuff but those pants fit like 48s or larger. July or something someone had the Nasraddin(?) trousers in black (I think) with the leather ties. Didn't pick them up when they were available and cheap
      And on an actually weird note there appears to be another seller having multiple pieces for sale on eBay.

There hasn't been anything on the Japanese markets that I've noticed but they still have a few smaller sizes up.

Comment

• Lohikaarme
        • Jul 2013

Originally posted by HugAndWug View Post
        And on an actually weird note there appears to be another seller having multiple pieces for sale on eBay.

There hasn't been anything on the Japanese markets that I've noticed but they still have a few smaller sizes up.
        I guess a couple dudes scooped up a bunch of items at the last sample sale. Someone should buy the shearling that's on Y!J unless it's already taken.

Comment

• dji
          • Feb 2008

I was tempted by the Mongke shearling in the showroom back in 2013 but the missus wasn't having any of that..

Comment

• Lohikaarme
            • Jul 2013

Originally posted by dji View Post
            I was tempted by the Mongke shearling in the showroom back in 2013 but the missus wasn't having any of that..
            Step 1: Buy shearling

Step 2: Buy mannequin

Step 3: Put shearling on mannequin

Step 4: Call it interior decoration

Comment

• dji
              • Feb 2008

I would if I found a size 1 at a reasonable price.

Comment

• BrianK
                • Jan 2013

Can someone tell me the reason why Inaisce stopped making collections?

Comment

• zabriski
                  • Jul 2013

I was more asking about the post FW13 garments - where to buy them.
                  I ve been lurking that seller on ebay as well for the past 4 months. Didn't pull the trigger on anything though since I already have Nasreddin pants and I thought they were his most interesting item for sale.

Comment

• zabriski
                    • Jul 2013

on another note :
                    Sentinel coat : tested at -15degC and passed the test (and was hwearing only a shirt+undershirt underneath it !!)

Comment

• Lohikaarme
                      • Jul 2013

Originally posted by zabriski View Post
                      I was more asking about the post FW13 garments - where to buy them.
                      I ve been lurking that seller on ebay as well for the past 4 months. Didn't pull the trigger on anything though since I already have Nasreddin pants and I thought they were his most interesting item for sale.
                      How are the Nasreddins? I almost want to pull the trigger on them but it seems that the size II corresponds to a 48-ish fit? Is it supposed to be really big like that?

Comment

• Lohikaarme
                        • Jul 2013

Originally posted by fit magna caedes
                        If you plan not to tie the belt-thing, then yeah, they fit a size or so big in my experience. I'm a 46 in pants, wear the size II. Need to tie it up but otherwise fits fine.
                        Stay up nicely? I should probably wait for a size I to come up then. I'm between a 44 and 46 right now.

Comment

• Lohikaarme
                          • Jul 2013

With the belt tied, they're fine, as I wrote. No problems with staying up. That said, if the belt is just loosely wound it will slip, and then the pants will slip.

Anyway, they're so unstructured (especially in certain fabrics) that you can get away with a bit if you have to go oversized, just tie the belt (and it's so long that you'll probably have to tie it anyway IMO).
                          I might have to get a pair then... does the set-in belt make it really tough to tailor though?

Comment

• Lohikaarme
                            • Jul 2013

Not sure. Not my area of expertise. I just wordlessly hand things to my tailor and then hand them money after some unknown magic has been enacted.

I should add, mine are in a knitted fabric, some of the woven ones (particularly the partially elasticated blends) would doubtless behave differently.
                            Thanks. Is there a difference in name between the uh... Nasreddins with the fabric belt and the leather belt?

I think I saw a few different variaties of pants with a set-in belt and strong taper. All Nasreddin?

Comment

• Lohikaarme
                              • Jul 2013

There are at least three varieties of Nasreddins that I've seen, all with fabric ties... are you thinking of the hermit shalwar?
                              Shalwar is probably the proper name. I think I've just seen it second-hand mis-named as the Nasreddin.

Comment

• zabriski
                                • Jul 2013

The fit probably will depend on the fabric too. Mines are size 3 in the washi paper fabric (only one sample made), and that fabric has no stretch whatsoever. I m usually between 32 and 34 for pants and these are almost too tight at the waist, they re tough to put on.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎