Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • asho
    • Nov 2007

I think some more information needs to be added to the first post, something along the lines of a raison d'être. It seems that those who have a greater insight are more willing to gloss over the bad to find the good.

To me there is a bit of a mish mash of styles there's a bit of a dickension vibe from some of the shirts while other pieces have a post apocalyptical thing going, then the coat with the hood seems straight out of a high street chain.

There are some redeemable pieces but without insight I'm finding it hard to separate them from the soup.

Also that first image has to go, tying a piece of leather around a waist is not styling unless the theme is cro-magnon

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by asho View Post
      I think some more information needs to be added to the first post, something along the lines of a raison d'être. It seems that those who have a greater insight are more willing to gloss over the bad to find the good.

To me there is a bit of a mish mash of styles there's a bit of a dickension vibe from some of the shirts while other pieces have a post apocalyptical thing going, then the coat with the hood seems straight out of a high street chain.

There are some redeemable pieces but without insight I'm finding it hard to separate them from the soup.

Also that first image has to go, tying a piece of leather around a waist is not styling unless the theme is cro-magnon
      Yes, this may help.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• toulouse
        • May 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post
        I can see where you both are coming from - the planet called arrogance. I used to live there too, but I since moved to another planet.
        Delueze, I don't think so much is on this planet of arrogance. I am surprised at his response. C'est Fin on the other hand, the sheer aggression you display has me to believe that this is personal vendetta. We have seen this in a thread here in SZ before with Layer-0. If this is the case (and I am not saying it is) it is not fair to the designer or the other members here. Why would you say you are waiting for it to be flushed down the toilet? That is just rude to the point of unforgivable. I think In Aisce is very promising. It is not like Rick Owens. If you really feel this way, you need glasses and an education.
        ________
        Yamaha TTR125
        Last edited by toulouse; 01-23-2011, 11:05 AM.

Comment

• lowrey
          ventiundici
          • Dec 2006

don't see any resemblence to RO apart from the model. looks alright to me based on the pics, nothing ground breaking, though I think the styling might actually take a bit away from this as its taken to strongly in a certain direction.
          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• eat me
            • May 2009

To me it doesn't look like RO, more like CCP+BBS. Still, some interesting pieces.

Comment

• Sion
              • Mar 2009

I think it looks somewhat like Obscur...

Comment

• asho
                • Nov 2007

there is no ccp in this...

Comment

• XenoX101
                  • Dec 2008

Julius comes to mind quite strongly for me, with the industrial/utilitarian vibe and the palette of creams and whites. Damir Doma too particularly last season with the crumpled thin fabrics. I think it's too utilitarian to be Rick-esque and not refined enough to be CCP or gothic enough to be Obscur.

I think people who like Julius will probably like this, it's not really a new direction or anything that we haven't seen before, but I'm guessing the price point will be less than Julius and the like, so it has some value there.

Comment

• lowrey
                    ventiundici
                    • Dec 2006

so far we have bbs, poell, julius, rick owens, damir doma, obscur... I'm trying to think of some other labels to name drop
                    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• zamb
                      • Nov 2006

Originally posted by mike lowrey View Post
                      so far we have bbs, poell, julius, rick owens, damir doma, obscur... I'm trying to think of some other labels to name drop
                      Maybe its a kind of all things to all people label, Mass appeal, you can find your own aesthetic in it
                      so that means many people will buy and wear it then as it becomes a conduit between brands..........
                      “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                      .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Looks like Jeremy Scott to me.
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zamb
                          • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                          Looks like Jeremy Scott to me.
                          No, Bernhard Willhelm!

Comment

• eris quod sum
                            • Jun 2009

don't see any resemblence to RO apart from the model. looks alright to me based on the pics, nothing ground breaking, though I think the styling might actually take a bit away from this as its taken to strongly in a certain direction.
                            I will try to get some detailed shots of the pieces simply hung to post, to put more focus on the garments and not on the way they are styled together.

Comment

• zamb
                              • Nov 2006

Originally posted by eris quod sum View Post
                              I will try to get some detailed shots of the pieces simply hung to post, to put more focus on the garments and not on the way they are styled together.
                              Well, i saw the pieces in person, while in some ways they could be improved, the ideas and approach the designer has taken is very strong, I will tske him up on the offer of visiting his studio, maybe if he would permit, then i could take some detailed shots of the garments themselves............

Comment

• DHC
                                • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Faust
                                fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎