Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DHC
    • Jul 2007

Burlap shorts coated in steel. Yeah, steel. Sick!

Last edited by DHC; 10-01-2009, 10:10 PM.
    Originally posted by Faust
    fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• DHC
      • Jul 2007

EDIT: Forgive the brevity of the following post. Synoptic at best, if you're feeling really generous.

Jona will be the first to tell you that his collection is a bit of mish mash. This is because he does not design his collections based on a theme, nor does he intend to do so, in the future.
      So you know where he's coming from....He's a huge history buff. Most of what he reads (printed in the english language) would be 'classified' as history. He let's his imagination run with images of what heroes from the past would be dressed in...also referring to old photography and art for reference. He doesn't escape into the past though. He is "here now" with his eyes on the future (ok, that was a pitiful attempt to work in Ram Dass). So anyways, you will see in his designs a kind of reinvention of utilitarian items from long ago.
      The first look as e.g. The draping leather is inspired by the apron that the town blacksmith would don when working metal. Much of the work is done with this approach of idea, containing a healthy dose of humor (not to discount it as a joke). I make this point to defend against any claim that this is bathos. Jona knows exactly what he is doing here. There is a sort of esoteric quality to the representations if you care enough to seek the subtext of each piece. But as STEALTH said in another thread, this is speculative without the designer's explanations. Humor or not..some of this stuff is really cool.
      Check the "torpedo bag".\/
      Last edited by DHC; 10-01-2009, 10:31 PM.

Sartorialoft

Comment

• eris quod sum
        • Jun 2009

Thank you DHC. You saved me transferring the images to post on here. :)

Comment

• DHC
          • Jul 2007

My pleasure. Please do post the rest of the collection if you'd be so kind. I just posted up the pieces among my favorite in the collection.

Sartorialoft

Comment

• eris quod sum
            • Jun 2009

As soon as I get around to it, (most likely tomorrow at a normal hour) I will post the remainder. The black linen shorts and jacket are the two pieces I absolutely can not wait for... and there are some great basics in the collection as well.

Comment

• eat me
              • May 2009

They actually look nicer just hanging by themselves.

Comment

• christianef
                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by SombreResplendence View Post
                You do know what kind of forum this is, right? I'm going to echo Faust and ask: do you really see this style that frequently in your everyday life? I know I don't. And these labels, philosophies, and expressions existed before you and I did; the only reason you're want it gone so badly is because you come to this site all the time and see it in pictures on a computer screen. Unless you're seeing and touching the fabrics everyday I don't think you're in a position to adequately posit that opinion. I can count on one hand the number of times I've handled the work discussed here. Every time I was impressed. Stop living in 2-D, and quit the tunnel vision.

As for the collection, I like it. I like most of the pants. And I can't say this is a knockoff of (place favourite designer here). There are one or two looks that wouldn't look out of place in suburbia (meant here as a compliment).
                not to start an argument, but this logic just excuses knocking off a niche. does not seeing lots of people everyday dressed like this magically make the design concept more original? you'll see even less people dressed in hourani -- he still knocks off lang. Fini was perhaps a little harsh but unless you live on the planet 'painfully delusional' dont style a hook up shirt backwards with twist seem seemingly leather pants unless you're trying to solicit a pretty translucent semblance to obscur. not that this collection doesnt show some potential...but let's not shit ourselves.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

no one is shitting themselves (the way they shit over the highly derivative obscure) - merely trying to protect a young designer from undeserved bashing.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• DHC
                    • Jul 2007

just handled some of the pieces and I have to say that I am thoroughly impressed with some of the offerings. basics are out of this world (construction is stellar). I have to agree with Zam and say that some of the pieces do need some work, but the strong pieces are absolutely amazing! Like a couple of the Yohji skirts for S/S10. This collection has managed to stimulate a great deal of excitement in me!

Sartorialoft

Comment

• DHC
                      • Jul 2007

Originally posted by eris quod sum View Post
                      As soon as I get around to it, (most likely tomorrow at a normal hour) I will post the remainder. The black linen shorts and jacket are the two pieces I absolutely can not wait for... and there are some great basics in the collection as well.
                      Agreed! Best shorts for the S/S10 season come from Chatav Ectabit and In Aisce! The balloon shorts from Odyn Vovk are pretty sick as well. Been wearing mine around the house all night and I'm loving them!
                      Last edited by DHC; 12-22-2010, 03:48 AM.

Sartorialoft

Comment

• eris quod sum
                        • Jun 2009

Originally posted by DHC View Post
                        Agreed! Best shorts for the S/S10 season come from Chatav Ectabit and In Aische! The balloon shorts from Odyn Vovk are pretty sick as well. Been wearing mine around the house all night and I'm loving them!
                        I'm glad to see so much excitement for the pieces. I have been slacking on posting the remainder of the images, I have them all prepared, I will get around to it soon.

Comment

• joey_k
                          • Sep 2007

the fabric choice on the basic tee shirts is fantastic to handle, its washed cotton/modal blend, the linen double layered shorts are sick as well. the collection is raw but strong it will get stronger as well.
                          http://www.josephkeefer.com
                          http://www.theghstsofny.com

Comment

• eris quod sum
                            • Jun 2009

Originally posted by johnny_herb
                            That torpedo bag looks mental.
                            Any more pictures of that?

Comment

• STEALTH
                              • Feb 2008

The designer of this collection is one cool fucker

I mean seriously
                              https://www.facebook.com/Marc.Stealth.Kaos

Comment

• eris quod sum
                                • Jun 2009

A few more pieces...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢