Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cjbreed
    • Feb 2009

i'm looking for opinions on this jacket. specifically looking for thoughts on the leather itself from anyone who has handled it directly. how does it feel? the weight? blistering/distressing? can any direct comparisons be made to give me an idea? i like the look of it....

dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

very lightweight, soft leather. depends on your taste in leather, i suppose, i liked it, but i know some prefer rougher leather.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• DRRRK
        • Aug 2009

I haven't handled it, so sorry in advance if my opinion is pretty worthless. I just wanted to let you know that it's a great jacket, the leather looks soft and there are no superfluous details. I don't like all this zippers or buttons on leather jackets, so this one is exactly the kind of jacket I would like for me. The grey-brown colour is nothing I would go for usually, but this one looks blistered and beautiful.

Comment

• cjbreed
          • Feb 2009

it does look blistered in the pics right? i'm thinking it looks a lot like rick's soft blistered lamb leather, which to me feels super soft, like cloth almost...i guess this is similar.(?)
          dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• croatoan
            • Jul 2007

Really great jacket and amazing leather. I think it is much more substantial than Rick's blistered leather. Where the blistered leather feels a bit dry to the touch, this, while still being lightweight, has a very hardy(?) texture.

Comment

• DHC
              • Jul 2007

In Aisce's Paris presentation.
              Originally posted by Faust
              fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• delirium
                • Sep 2008

lot of these garments are designed from an interesting "place."
                i relate to this aesthetic perspective more than some of the other designers whom were referred to earlier in the thread in reference to this brand.

i particularly like the jackets. awaiting some more shots of the pants.

Comment

• gnarjen
                  • Oct 2009

Got an invite to his show during NYFW. Unfortunately have to miss it but I'm really digging what I've seen so far on here.

Comment

• Macro
                    • Apr 2008

I love the mood of the presentation... his showroom/workspace is set up in a similar way (clothes hanging on hooks on long rope across the room) but taken to this romantic blank canvas gives the clothing life in a different way. Can't wait to see the clothes in person this week.
                    every man has inside himself a parasitic being who is acting not at all to his advantage

Comment

• mononon
                      • Sep 2009

never seen any of this stuff in person, so i can't really judge on quality or feel, but that leather looks quite nice, i guess it all depends on the price, since i have no idea the price range of this label.
                      calvinc - "Found this place and omg the people here are so cool and they dress super ultra mega well!"

Comment

• delphine
                        • Sep 2009

Are there two collections posted here? The images on the previous page look very interesting and moody with some nice pieces. But I don't see this leather jacket there.

Comment

• eris quod sum
                          • Jun 2009

Yes, there are two collections. That leather is from the Spring/ Summer season. I have spent some time with Jona lately and have seen him in the new pieces. The long jacket and coated pants are amazing, along with the rest of the collection. His craftsmanship and choice of fabrics has improved with every season. You can really feel Jona's presence in the pieces he creates.

Comment

• interest1
                            • Nov 2008

I had an opportunity to see the In Aisce F/W '10 presentation at Ramiken Crucible last night–a collection of about a dozen pieces or so.. I found Jona's 2nd collection to be extremely focused and cohesive. His vision seems crystal clear judging by how candidly he sets the tone.

The story told with this collection distinctly paints a portrait of a bad-ass early Americana/old gun-slingin' South, as much so in the silhouette of the garments as with the materials mindfully chosen for each. Treated linen and unrefined cottons that take on a semi-crude, time-worn appearance, the wrinkled leather comprising a vest and crooked-brim hat that look like they were discovered in an old Victorian trunk–even the drab-toned fur that lines a few of the pieces, like the killer black leather arm gauntlets and the free-form leather neckpiece, looks like some age-old pelt rather than any fur from this century. That said, most fabrics felt anything but rough; everything had a luxurious hand. The quality level was certainly there, in both the fabrication and the construction.

I didn't find this collection derivative whatsoever, not even of Harnden, because the spin was totally different even if the era of inspiration is the same. The comparison to Rick Owens on the first page of this thread is baseless. That's the LAST thing that comes to mind standing in front of these unique pieces. If there's one word never applied to Rick, it's "historical". If anything, RO is often synonymous with the 'futuristic warrior" look–and a very CLEAN one at that, never wanting to be classified as 'vintage'. In Aisce, in contrast, presents a different kind of warrior: one that isn't afraid to get his hands dirty in clothes that carry the soul of the past as they easily integrate themselves into the here & now.

*Also, Antino looks great, but I think Jona is his own best model for the collection.

Last edited by interest1; 02-18-2010, 08:30 PM. Reason: 2 cents turns to 4
                            sain't

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Yes, the stuff looked really good. I liked the fabrics a lot. My favorite garments were the pants and that tailcoat. Will post images soon.
                              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                                • Nov 2007

i was impressed as well although i think many of the pieces would be challenging to integrate into one's wardrobe. nonetheless there was a unique voice resonating through each of the garments and i'm curious about which direction this will evolve in. my favorite piece was what i think was a cloak made of burlap-like material with an unfinished and exposed hem that looked like a mohawk. good stuff.
                                LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎