X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zamb
    • Nov 2006

Originally posted by seenmy View Post
    ah so no one has the current season?I'm gonna be in town on the weekend,I saw some pieces in Layers today but just wanted to see some more,
    Well I am very busy, but if you are around I can make arrangements for you to visit the designer in his studio if he is available.

He is a friends so certainly I know he would welcome you, probably would be a better experience than going to a store, as you would get to see more than any store would be stocking at a given point in time...

you can PM me if you are interested.
    “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• neonrider
      • Jan 2008

liking the fabrics and concepts, feel like this stuff has to be seen in person to be appreciated fully. going to have to free some time to finally visit layers!!
      ""assuming the economy doesn't force us to eat the rich and object-tan their hides" -- merz

Comment

• Chant
        Banned
        • Jun 2008

An Eye for an Eye. A Spy for a Spy. InAisce SS 2011

InAisce is Jona. Jona is InAisce. Asserting this identity is not tautological, nor is it intending to be biographical.
        Jona embodies InAisce, because he belongs to this category of designers who, from Yohji Yamamoto to Damir Doma, wear the clothes they design.
        Jona embodies InAisce, because he’s as one with his garments. His garments are his body, his body is his work – his faces says it all, which is a manifesto.
        A shaved head. A plane surface.
        A thick, messy – savage - beard. A matter – a volume – a colour.
        And a tatoo on the temple, articulating plane and volume in a line which fits – and redesigns – the shape of the face.

Read more

Comment

• Peasant
          • Jul 2009

His coats are his strong suit. Unique, but wearable. Not into those swirl pants.

Comment

• eat me
            • May 2009

I must say, Christian, the write-up is a bit much for me. At times, it's so elaborate that it actually borders on the edge of pretence and boredom. Hard to get through the whole thing without skimming.

Out of all the pieces I think the black coat (on your site) and the hoodie just above this post are a stand-out.

Comment

• Mikevigar
              • Jan 2010

What I find interesting with this is knowing that part of his influence is history and tracking that back to some of the pics of pieces earlier in the thread. It might not necessarily be as expressive as other designers but I think its quite brave in a way to try and capture things like medieval style which you can see interpretations of quite easily and frequently on tele, in books and in paintings/pictures.

Comment

• DHC
                • Jul 2007

..sharing a little insight into the S/S11 InAisce collection
                Originally posted by Faust
                fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• lostnfound
                  • Oct 2010

Visited the designer's studio yesterday and handled some fw11 pieces in person, stuff was stunning!
                  Last edited by Faust; 12-30-2010, 09:18 AM. Reason: designer's request

Comment

• zamb
                    • Nov 2006

SZ rules the Planet!

Comment

• Farkhanyassin
                      • Jan 2010

I would like to add my comments on the InAisce pieces I've handled.

All of them show great workmanship, the fabrics especially play a big part of it's allure. I tried on the cotton fleece jumper and was suprised by the fit. The sleeves are of perfect length and so is the torso - great for my height (175cm). The slim sleeves, because of the thickness of the cotton, give nice bunching throughout the arms. Overlocked detailing, cold dye treatment and raw hems are also done well. Got myself the piece in blue-grey but I'm probably getting the off white piece if my size is available.
                      MOSLEM PRIEST

Comment

• eton97
                        • Dec 2008

Fark - completely agree - got both colours - love them both - great versatile peices.....i fact i've been living in the blue one, and wish i'd bought 2....you capture it well in your waywt shots
                        you can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter...

Comment

• nictan
                          • Jul 2009

that blue one in waywt is indeed beautiful. need to find one in size 1.

Comment

• zamb
                            • Nov 2006

Went to his studio last night..................
                            New collection is IMPRESSIVE!

Also got my SS boots that I had ordered from last season...................
                            will quite become possibly my Go-to boots and they fit so great and is definitely the kind if boots I like to wear.

On a side note I feel like i'm unconsciously getting myself into the too much footwear trap again

Comment

• Chant
                              Banned
                              • Jun 2008

The seasonal SS 11 thread that I had created has been deleted, even though the pics posted had not been shown yet. Posting them again here.

Comment

• Mikevigar
                                • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Christian View Post
                                The seasonal SS 11 thread that I had created has been deleted, even though the pics posted had not been shown yet. Posting them again here.[/CENTER]
                                I was just looking around for the thread so glad you've reposted the pics. I like the hooded coat 6th pic down but I've seen on H Lorenzo that it comes in both light and dark, and from the looks of it with both rough and clean seams. Looking forward to seeing what Layers has got in next time I'm in London, quite keen to try some stuff too as as beautiful as it is, the cut looks slim so not sure the shapes would suit me.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎