40-90% OFF PRESENTATION SAMPLES AND STOCK
    jackets, pants, knits, boots, leather goods, etc
    CASH ONLY

Saturday Feb 19
    Sunday Feb 20
    12-6pm
    195 Chrystie St 4th Fl
    New York, NY, 10002
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Fenix
      • Aug 2010

^wish I were in nyc...did anyone make it to the sale?
      Originally posted by hausofblaq
      Grow up.

Comment

• zamb
        • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Johnnyfenix View Post
        ^wish I were in nyc...did anyone make it to the sale?
        might pass by there tomorrow,
        broke now so I wont buy anything,
        Lemme know if you need something, can always check in for you.
        “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
        .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• philip nod
          • Aug 2007

lots of great stuff at great prices
          discounts on current season too
          kopped a shearling vest for $300
          stoked!!
          One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• jscl
            • Jan 2010

stopped by the sale today, some really great pieces, especially the women's coats for fw11. im looking forward to seeing jona's progression
            JUST THE HITS

Comment

• Such a fantastic stuff. Wish I can find his Dendrophylax coat.

And what about his footwear items? how it in use?

Comment

• zamb
                • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Jin View Post
                Such a fantastic stuff. Wish I can find his Dendrophylax coat.

And what about his footwear items? how it in use?
                don't now anything about the coat your are taking but the footwear is very good, very well made and comfortable. i own a pair i wear almost everyday, just cleaned it earlier this evening to wear tomorrow......

Comment

• Originally posted by Faust View Post
                  Originally posted by zamb View Post
                  don't now anything about the coat your are taking but the footwear is very good, very well made and comfortable. i own a pair i wear almost everyday, just cleaned it earlier this evening to wear tomorrow......
                  Here it is.

Thanks, Zamb. Hope to get a pair from aw11.)

Comment

• mixmaster7_91
                    • Oct 2010

Saw a pair of In Aisce lace up boots today and almost bought them. The quality feels really nice and the treatment on the leather is also very appealing, though I can't quite get my head around why the heel is so high. To me this made it somewhat uncomfortable to walk in and also appear a bit feminine. I have no problem with certain looks being 'feminine', but when it is contrasted so strongly by the distressed treatment on the leather, it looks somewhat confusing to me. Aside from the heel, it was basically exactly what i was looking for.

Comment

• zamb
                      • Nov 2006

Originally posted by mixmaster7_91 View Post
                      Saw a pair of In Aisce lace up boots today and almost bought them. The quality feels really nice and the treatment on the leather is also very appealing, though I can't quite get my head around why the heel is so high. To me this made it somewhat uncomfortable to walk in and also appear a bit feminine. I have no problem with certain looks being 'feminine', but when it is contrasted so strongly by the distressed treatment on the leather, it looks somewhat confusing to me. Aside from the heel, it was basically exactly what i was looking for.
                      I own a pair and they are very comfortable, and Durable.................wear them a lot and they look great and are still in excellent condition................and trust me, if they were uncomfortable, i wouldn't be owning them.

heel is fine, maybe a matter of perspective but not too feminine IMO, kind of like a modern cowboy type heel, but Julius does a similar thing and its all good.......................I think he will be making sneakers this season. I haven't seen the prototype as yet so I cant say what they look like but he told me he was.......

Comment

• Fenix
                        • Aug 2010

I got a pair of the tall boots for my girlfriend. She always comments on how comfortable they are. I guess I can't speak for the mens boots but I imagine the level of comfort wouldn't differ much.

Also, are you referring to the light grey boots? It sounds like they were heavily distressed by your description. I haven't had a chance to handle those. The black reversed cordovan seems quite smooth and is distressed very little.
                        Originally posted by hausofblaq
                        Grow up.

Comment

• mixmaster7_91
                          • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Johnnyfenix View Post
                          I got a pair of the tall boots for my girlfriend. She always comments on how comfortable they are. I guess I can't speak for the mens boots but I imagine the level of comfort wouldn't differ much.

Also, are you referring to the light grey boots? It sounds like they were heavily distressed by your description. I haven't had a chance to handle those. The black reversed cordovan seems quite smooth and is distressed very little.
                          These are the boots I am referring to.

Perhaps 'distressed' wasn't exactly the right word in this context, but the treatment is definitely somewhat 'strong' and 'raw' if you get what I mean. I own a pair of MA+ backzips and another pair of lace up boots both with a heel, but neither felt like the heel of my foot was so elevated off the ground, like my whole foot felt angled to some extent and was sliding forward. Besides that I really liked the boot as quite suprisingly, I was able to tuck quite a thick pair of jeans into them with no problem.

Comment

• zamb
                            • Nov 2006

These are the boots I am referring to.

Perhaps 'distressed' wasn't exactly the right word in this context, but the treatment is definitely somewhat 'strong' and 'raw' if you get what I mean. I own a pair of MA+ backzips and another pair of lace up boots both with a heel, but neither felt like the heel of my foot was so elevated off the ground, like my whole foot felt angled to some extent and was sliding forward. Besides that I really liked the boot as quite suprisingly, I was able to tuck quite a thick pair of jeans into them with no problem.

boots are great man, and trust me, as I said, initially they angle did feel strange, but i own Guidi CCP and Cdiem, and my InAisce are more comfortable than all............and mine was a size too small,
                            im not exaggerating here, if the boots had sucked I would've said they sucked..............even if my own work sucks I say so.......

it is really my Go to boots when I need to run around in the city without dealing with foot pain

mine is al little different than those, mine was a leather/ Colorway that never went to production, a kind of black that looks deep brown sometimes. i'm busy now so i cant post a pic, but will when i get a chance.............
                            Last edited by zamb; 06-06-2011, 12:13 PM. Reason: double posting of image on same page

Comment

• mixmaster7_91
                              • Oct 2010

^ I think you got me wrong. I think the boots are awesome, they are just not right for me because I personally can't handle the height of the heel. But this is because of my personal preference. If anyone is fine with the height of the heel, these are a perfect lace up boot. Like I said it has everything I am looking for in a lace up boot: great quality and treatment of leather, very well constructed boot, and able to handle some pretty serious tucking even my really thick Julius jeans. I would highly recommend these to anyone looking for a pair of lace ups

Comment

• interest1
                                • Nov 2008

Gentlemen, here are both versions, side by side.
                                Since I had it, figured when better to post it than during a discussion mentioning both.

Johnny - Buying your GF a pair of InAisce boots totally rocks. Not sure, though, what you mean by "mens" boots, because Jona doesn't make boots specific to gender; just makes 'em for feet.. The footwear, like most all of his clothes, is unisex.

*If a salesperson tells you they have them "for women", just means they have smaller sizes of the exact same style – to accommodate potential female buyers. I got that from a couple different sales associates when calling around for my Rick kicks and really resented it; only confuses the issue by suggesting some beneficial difference in construction when, in fact, there was none.

Saw a pair of In Aisce lace up boots today and almost bought them.
                                The quality feels really nice and the treatment on the leather is also very appealing, though I can't quite get my head around why the heel is so high. To me this made it somewhat uncomfortable to walk in and also appear a bit feminine. I have no problem with certain looks being 'feminine', but when it is contrasted so strongly by the distressed treatment on the leather, it looks somewhat confusing to me. Aside from the heel, it was basically exactly what i was looking for.
                                mix - That weird contrast you're trying to reconcile – between the heel's height and the raw 'inside-out' leather composition – may have something to do with the fact that, unlike most boots, the heels on these have been kept natural, not dyed dark. This is significant because rather than blending into the boot's overall silhouette, it does the opposite by making them even more prominent. And since your major issue revolves around that heel feeling freaky on your feet, I'd venture to say it's likely only amplifying the disconnect in your head. It might for me..

Just an observation. Only bringin' it up because I noticed you tied the boot's look & their feel together from the get-go in your second-to-last sentence, above.

I actually wore a pair around while trying on a bunch of J's clothes, and they weren't so much uncomfortable as just "different" feeling.. something which, once acclimated to, I imagine would no longer be of issue. Nonetheless, it's probably safe to assume we won't be seeing you throw down any medges in Recent Purchases anytime soon

. . . .
                                sain't

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎