Comment

• JoniF
      • May 2009

Hit or miss.

Comment

• Johnny
        • Sep 2006

Final few.

This is very much a personally edited selection. I'm pretty much always interested in what they do, and this is no exception. Think some of it is fantastic, with an unbridled and unmatched imagination on display. It doesn't translate into anything very elegant, but i don't suspect that it's supposed to.

Comment

• laika
          • Sep 2006

johnny, you posted pics!

Very nice selection too--the dresses and jackets are really good.
          I really love that grey dress with the polka dots and the first white outfit in the second post.

Also, this jacket is lovely.

i don't think this is as strong as the fall collection (a very hard act to follow), but it has a similarly warm, comforting feeling...almost nostalgic, with all the references to previous collections. It's a collage on so many levels.

btw, i hear that someone got a very lovely comme coat while on holiday....nice choice.
          ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Johnny
            • Sep 2006

hehe. i read zam's rallying call and thought he had a point!

the coat was a birthday present!! it's sooo nice. i want one. the knitwear from the current women's collection is amazing too. agree about this collection not being as strong, but the more i look at it the more i find to see. the details are incredible.

Comment

• laika
              • Sep 2006

yes, i can't decide if i should save for a coat or go for some of the layered cardis (it's all selling out quickly here ). But that particular coat is one of my favorite things in the collection.

And now there is spring to think about too!
              ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• zamb
                • Nov 2006

i really do like this collection alot, even though i know many of you think the fall collection was a masterpiece, i actually do like this one better than the fall........
                I thinkmany of the masters, Yohji, Rei, and even Karllagerfeld, are taking these wannabe upstarts like Decarnin to school.
                i was really beginning to get annoyed with Rei,........Beatles? really?
                but its works like these that reminds me why iloved her in the first place.
                “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• zamb
                  • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
                  hehe. i read zam's rallying call and thought he had a point!

the coat was a birthday present!! it's sooo nice. i want one. the knitwear from the current women's collection is amazing too. agree about this collection not being as strong, but the more i look at it the more i find to see. the details are incredible.
                  thanks for answering the call Johnny,and youve also done well Laika
                  I intentionally held myself back from posting anything today.
                  I will try topost a few more shows tonite........
                  “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                  .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• genevieveryoko
                    • Sep 2009

There aren't any pictures of the harnesses here, but I thought they were hilarious. I never really got the whole harness thing, but this just takes it to a new level, where I don't even feel the need to understand anymore. I actually think the harnesses look good in that insane CDG sort of way.
                    http://genevievelarson.tumblr.com/

Comment

• droogist
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by laika View Post
                      i don't think this is as strong as the fall collection (a very hard act to follow), but it has a similarly warm, comforting feeling...almost nostalgic, with all the references to previous collections. It's a collage on so many levels.
                      That's exactly what I thought when I first saw this - it's like a glorious mash-up of choice Comme collections from seasons past. Just brilliant. I would agree that it lacks the elegance of the current A/W collection, but I would also agree (with Johnny) that it doesn't need it.

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Strange, I don't find the current collection elegant at all. This is nice though, especially the jackets, especially the one like posted, and not because she is especially special.
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Fade to Black
                          • Sep 2008

Yeah, I don't find this particularly elegant either. Haven't been thrilled with Comme's womenswear offerings for some time now....on the other hand I think Junya has managed to stay directionally fresh while more consistent in his presentations and clothes themselves for both genders.
                          www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

/\ I was speaking of AW 09.
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• genevieveryoko
                              • Sep 2009

Photobucket
                              Photobucket
                              Photobucket
                              Photobucket
                              Photobucket

Photobucket
                              Photobucket
                              http://genevievelarson.tumblr.com/