• Show
Clear All
  • DRRRK
    • Aug 2009

Can we rename this thread?

Comment

• marco-von
      • Feb 2009

"twitter entry 20,105..finally had sex witz cute guyz V hit for home run!woo woo"

followers who approve - mum , nan and papa , tim the goat, ashton kutcher.

Comment

• zamb
        • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Faust
        Ok, I wash my hands off of this. You guys can kill each other.
        What?
        Are you pulling a Pontius Pilate on us.........., I thought you were'nt Roman!
        “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
        .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• hobo
          • Jul 2009

Originally posted by DRRRK
          If you do noone will post on it!

Anyway, this thread is fantastic just as it is!

By the way, what are you wearing today?
          "I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying." — Oscar Wilde

Comment

• tlack
            • Jun 2009

Originally posted by mike lowrey
            ... change the fact that a large part of twitter users are teenagers writing about their cat and semi-celebrities telling they ate a hot dog. so even though there are exceptions, its hard not to think that most of the time its nonsense. if I dislike it 95% of the time, can I say its wack?
            Well keep in mind you aren't forced to read what those people are saying.

I also hated Twitter for the longest time. I understood what it did, but thought it was a stupid concept and used mostly by idiots. But then I read someone's timeline that was so incredibly interesting and timely that I couldn't pull myself away, and it gave me a realization. Like when blogging became popular, interesting people had interesting blogs and idiots had idiotic, selfish, shallow ones. Same with Twitter. Follow interesting people!

Comment

• DRRRK
              • Aug 2009

Originally posted by hobo
              If you do noone will post on it!

Anyway, this thread is fantastic just as it is!

By the way, what are you wearing today?
              It is. "Do you want to fight today" would not be appropriate.

Just clothes.

Comment

• lowrey
                ventiundici
                • Dec 2006

wow this went bizarre quickly

I think that there are two separate issues here;
                1. If you don't want to twitter, fair enough.
                2. If you're only reason for not Twittering is because 95% of Twitter is shit, then you may as well stop looking at the internet, stop watching TV and stop reading magazines and newspapers.
                television and newspapers are not fads though, thats one of the main reasons I dislike twitter, the oversaturation. otherwise, it just doesn't interest me that much. I'm not really anti social internet services, I mean I use facebook a bit, though it does bug the crap out of me when it causes people to forget regular means of communication ("oh you didn't get the facebook invitation?" )
                "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• zamb
                  • Nov 2006

Originally posted by zamb
                  Also for me I dont think that I have that interesting of a life that I want to share it with the whole world online................nor do I find anyones life so interesting that I want to constanly know what they are doing, Ive got bills to pay and things to do, working in my studio takes up most of my time.........

So that begs the question, Zamb, what the fuck are you doing here??? Clearly, you must find something about other people’s lives and their opinions interesting.

Ps. I'm glad you are here!
                  Hobo, the part i highlighted is key to the statement, i didnt say dont want to share my life with anyone...........My wife would kill me if I ever said that

I want to share it with like minded people, people who enhance my knowledge personally and professionally.
                  thats why i like having you, Fuuma, Faust, Mike Lowrey,
                  Mercurial Nods, Albert, Dave, the FFF (French Fantastic Four) and many others around............

Also this is the only fashion site that ireally posts regularly on........ and most of the time, the time wasters are banned anyways.........so there you have it, maybe its just the artisan in me............I'd rather talk to you over the phone than send a email or text, I like sometimes to see something in person before I buy it. I like sensual experiences with real people............ sometimes cyberspace takes that away................

Comment

• zamb
                    • Nov 2006

Also,

something that I wonder about is how do people find time for all of these things, facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Grunter etc ...........
                    and still have time for a meaniful productive life..........I certainly cant!

Comment

• hobo
                      • Jul 2009

It is. "Do you want to fight today" would not be appropriate.

Just clothes.
                      Hey, it's all in good humour. I hope everyone knows I just enjoy a good ruck, but seriously I learn a lot from these little chats. I hope that you guys do too. [e.g. I didn't know any of that shit about Iran, before today. - Thanks Mona. Oh and I didn't know that Mal had a beard, and a really small face, which is also fairly profound]

I've got meetings... See you soon my crazy laughing friends.
                      "I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying." — Oscar Wilde

Comment

• hobo
                        • Jul 2009

Zamb, Mike, I love you both but this is getting silly. You are both missing the point by a mile and this is becoming like 'tag-team hobo wrestling', so I'm going to leave it at that...

meetings call...

xxx

Comment

• cjbreed
                          • Feb 2009

That was pretty much the argument against mobile phones, and then texting. It's not a waste of time, it's just that you haven’t thought of a good use for it yet, but that doesn't mean that others haven't. Just because others have different priorities to you doesn't make them a waste of time. You know many would argue that you posting on this forum is a waste of time but that doesn't mean that it is.
                          i don't recall much of an argument against mobile phones.

well i skipped the last 2 pages and i hate to drag this out any further, i'd just like to mention to hobo that timewaster is kind of an american slang term for new web 2.0 era inventions like youtube, myspace, facebook, web forums, gaming sites, etc and is meant to indicate that these are inventions/technologies that people use/participate in to waste time when they are supposed to be at work. productivity killers. you're on the clock but playing on the internet instead of working. make sense?

anyway, back to work. i am wasting time posting on this forum
                          dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• theetruscan
                            • Jan 2008

I love when a forum on the internet manages to sound like a bunch of old men sitting around bitching about "back in my day ..."
                            Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• DRRRK
                              • Aug 2009

Originally posted by theetruscan
                              I love when a forum on the internet manages to sound like a bunch of old men sitting around bitching about "back in my day ..."
                              It is more "Is this the future" than "back in my day".

Hobo, I really enjoy "a good ruck" too.
                              This discussion had some strange parts and overall it went too far, because there was not really a reason for an argument.

Comment

• genevieveryoko
                                • Sep 2009

All I have to say is that twitter is not nearly as bad as yelp...at least not yet...

Sorry, I just had to go there...and anyways, thanks for the "heated discussion," I learned a lot!
                                http://genevievelarson.tumblr.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎