Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Work of A.F. Vandevorst

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

That AW 01 collection is incredible. My friend has boots like these, but they came from a later collection. That leather cat-o-nine-tails is beyond sexy.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

thankyou :)
    WTB: This

do you think these are sexy?

Photobucket

they're cheap on ebay right now, lots of sizes available...

Default book coming in the mail...

Product Category : Books
    ISBN : 9061536189
    Title : A.F. Vandevorst: Katharina Prospekt
    EAN : 9789061536185
    Authors : Tamara Igoemnova, Sarah Mowes, A.F. Vandervorst
    Binding : Hardcover
    Publisher : Exhibitions International
    Publication Date : 2007-07-01
    Pages : 144
    List Price (MSRP) : 45.00
    Height : 0.8700 inches
    Width : 8.1900 inches
    Length : 10.1600 inches
    Weight : 1.4600 pounds
    Keywords : Design, Photography, Art History, General AAS, Commercial, General, Collections, Catalogues & Exhibitions, Fashion, Fashion Design, European, Illustrated, Hardcover, Printed Books
    Condition : Like New

The book is kinda lame. It's not really about their clothes, but about Russia as their inspiration. I did not like it enough to buy it.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

yes, the book is not as interesting as the clothes...

leather garter belt

Nightfall
    Last edited by genevieveryoko; 02-05-2011 at 02:11 AM.

I knew very little about her work so thanks for sharing! I echo Laika about the models on hospital beds.

I get the same sort of feeling for CCPs early work, conceptual and extremely thought trough.. I also love the photography, analogue washed out colors!

Quote Originally Posted by Ohrstrom View Post
    I knew very little about her work so thanks for sharing! I echo Laika about the models on hospital beds.

I get the same sort of feeling for CCPs early work, conceptual and extremely thought trough.. I also love the photography, analogue washed out colors!
    their

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    their
    Pardon

Not sure if this is the right thread, but here's a write up of their upcoming GUERILLA STORE AKTION I, in Antwerp.

from fashionwindows.net

DALLAS & PARIS, Dec 3, 2009 / FW/ Calling a spade a spade, A.F. Vandevorst is launching its latest project, GUERILLA STORE AKTION I, a pop up store that will be open in Antwerp, Belgium from Dec 17, 2009 to Mar 31, 2010, after which it will move to a new city for others to discover.
    Pop up stores are a type of guerilla-style marketing wherein like the merchants of yore, they set shop from place to place wherever and whenever a fair is being held. The medieval fairs merchants might be gone, but the concept still lives on.
    Speaking of concepts, the idea behind the GUERILLA STORE AKTION I is to create a space in which people can fall into the world of A.F. Vandevorst; such a world that includes fashion, and more.
    The Antwerp store will just be the first one; after which it will be reconstructed in a different city, even country. Every store will be installed in an unoccupied space for a maximum of three months.
    Unoccupied premises will include former boutiques, launderettes, bakeries and other unique places. The search for each new space will add a challenge as well as provoke creativity in the project of the guerilla store.
    The guerilla stores will house all collections: A.F. Vandevorst, A. Friend, Fetish, Nightfall and Relics. In addition to this, all artistic collaborations between A.F. Vandevorst and others will be revealed and some of these will allow the customer to interact.
    Some of the institutions which A.F. Vandevorst would like to support will have a place in the concept, the first of which is the Dr. Guislain Museum from Ghent, Belgium. Without the involvement of others, the Aktion I project will not be guerilla. Therefore, most of the concept will be made possible due to the help of sponsors and other A.F. Vandevorst minded friends.
    [MARI DAVIS]

I wonder where else the store will pop up?

"Russia is raw. Our collections also have the same kind of rawness to them. There is something brutish about them, but they are refined at the same time."

"Uniforms emanate strength and pride. For our own collections, we have often worked around uniforms of one kind or another. We are fascinated by the effects that an article of clothing can generate. In fact, this does not even have anything to do with fashion."

from Katharina Prospekt/The Russians by A.F. Vandevorst

AFV guerrilla store opening by the black widow.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

anyone with images from the afriend diffusion collection for this s/s?

Quote Originally Posted by christianef View Post
    anyone with images from the afriend diffusion collection for this s/s?

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

(thanks to runner)

thanks laika, yes ive already seen those on their facebook. is that it? i was wondering if there was an offical lookbook/more? online stockists/stockists besides aktion??

not sure if this is the right place but if you're in the area, A.F.VANDEVORST STOCKVERKOOP (Stock Sale) from 21 till 24 April 2010

Default AFV in NYC, feb. 6th-24th

Faust and I went to the opening last night. Fun. He talked to the F part of AF so I am sure we wil be reading more about this somewhere soon.
    Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.