Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Buckwheat
    • Sep 2006

Not sure if this is the right thread, but here's a write up of their upcoming GUERILLA STORE – AKTION I, in Antwerp.

from fashionwindows.net

DALLAS & PARIS, Dec 3, 2009 / FW/ — Calling a spade a spade, A.F. Vandevorst is launching its latest project, GUERILLA STORE – AKTION I, a pop up store that will be open in Antwerp, Belgium from Dec 17, 2009 to Mar 31, 2010, after which it will move to a new city for others to discover.
    Pop up stores are a type of guerilla-style marketing wherein like the merchants of yore, they set shop from place to place wherever and whenever a fair is being held. The medieval fairs merchants might be gone, but the concept still lives on.
    Speaking of concepts, the idea behind the GUERILLA STORE – AKTION I is to create a space in which people can fall into the world of A.F. Vandevorst; such a world that includes fashion, and more.
    The Antwerp store will just be the first one; after which it will be reconstructed in a different city, even country. Every store will be installed in an unoccupied space for a maximum of three months.
    Unoccupied premises will include former boutiques, launderettes, bakeries and other unique places. The search for each new space will add a challenge as well as provoke creativity in the project of the guerilla store.
    The guerilla stores will house all collections: A.F. Vandevorst, A. Friend, Fetish, Nightfall and Relics. In addition to this, all artistic collaborations between A.F. Vandevorst and others will be revealed and some of these will allow the customer to interact.
    Some of the institutions which A.F. Vandevorst would like to support will have a place in the concept, the first of which is the Dr. Guislain Museum from Ghent, Belgium. Without the involvement of others, the Aktion I project will not be guerilla. Therefore, most of the concept will be made possible due to the help of sponsors and other A.F. Vandevorst minded friends.
    [MARI DAVIS]

Comment

• genevieveryoko
      • Sep 2009

I wonder where else the store will pop up?

"Russia is raw. Our collections also have the same kind of rawness to them. There is something brutish about them, but they are refined at the same time."

"Uniforms emanate strength and pride. For our own collections, we have often worked around uniforms of one kind or another. We are fascinated by the effects that an article of clothing can generate. In fact, this does not even have anything to do with fashion."

from Katharina Prospekt/The Russians by A.F. Vandevorst
      http://genevievelarson.tumblr.com/

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

AFV guerrilla store opening by the black widow.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• christianef
          • Feb 2009

anyone with images from the afriend diffusion collection for this s/s?

Comment

• laika
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by christianef View Post
            anyone with images from the afriend diffusion collection for this s/s?

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• laika
              • Sep 2006

(thanks to runner)
              ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• christianef
                • Feb 2009

thanks laika, yes ive already seen those on their facebook. is that it? i was wondering if there was an offical lookbook/more? online stockists/stockists besides aktion??

Comment

• christianef
                  • Feb 2009

not sure if this is the right place but if you're in the area, A.F.VANDEVORST STOCKVERKOOP (Stock Sale) from 21 till 24 April 2010

Comment

• Shucks
                    • Aug 2010

AFV in NYC, feb. 6th-24th

Comment

• mrbeuys
                      • May 2008

Faust and I went to the opening last night. Fun. He talked to the F part of AF so I am sure we wil be reading more about this somewhere soon.
                      Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• Shucks
                        • Aug 2010

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post
                        Faust and I went to the opening last night. Fun. He talked to the F part of AF so I am sure we wil be reading more about this somewhere soon.
                        officially jealous. and i'd give my right arm to work at a company like that.

Comment

• mrbeuys
                          • May 2008

Not sure how much use you would be without your right arm to them but it would surely fit into the whole hospital theme.
                          Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

LOL. Some coverage coming your way. Good morning, Mr.Beuys!
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Shucks
                              • Aug 2010

i was thinking spiffy prosthetics in leather.

Comment

• hommedeguerre
                                • Jun 2009

I went to the opening. It truly was the smallest travelling collection. The "props" were cool, and there was a good turnout. Al of Patron of the New is a friend, and I'm glad he had a successful night.
                                Le 21ème

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎