Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Transportation

still lusting for a japanese car - google the new FT 86 - awesome looks and great chassis and engine - price looks reasonable too - might actually be my next car!

Yeah, that FT-86 looks pretty sick. Good stats and durable since it's Japanese. I'm all about either German or Japanese made 2-doors.

Default Jaguar E type

Best Car ever made!
    I'm not rich enough to buy cheap things...

not a supercar but own a mugen accord CL9

Quote Originally Posted by darkbydesign View Post
    I drive a Mini Cooper S 2010 with some mods. Added sport suspension, Brembo breaks, Supersprint exhaust, Alta cold air intake and chipped. Most fun I've ever had in a car. 90-110 on 101 for 30 miles each way to/from work. haha Car is so small you can slip right through traffic.

I still think the new Porsche GT2 RS 2011 (ltd edition to 500 worldwide I think) is the best high budget car. Think it's like $250k for the best horsepower to mass ratio around. Car is sick!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=te56H...eature=related
    Nice mods to your mini!

I recently traded up for an all-black 1st gen cayman. Black rims, narrow profile tires. I changed out all exterior lights for xenons and silver coated turn signal lights so when not on the bulbs are silver/white and not yellow. Interior dark gray leather with all true white LEDs. Changed the exterior badging to black so the hood badge isn't the classic gold but is an anodized matte black.

(not mine but same thing)

May go for the Brembo brakes as well or just red brake calipers.

I want to go for the TPC turbo kit but it's around $7.5k... may have to wait. The only regret that I sort of have is that I didn't hold out for a Cayman S to show up but then again... I'm just lusting after the power.

I'd also like to get some adjustable suspension. It's pretty stiff factory suspension right now which can be a little jarring on pothole-y roads.

Had a little fun and hit 115 on the straightaway on this toll road in Houston today. Would love a chance to fully open it up and see what it can do.

Someone in my neighborhood had a GT3RS parked streetside a week ago. Very cool. I like Porsches because you can tinker on them yourself and don't have to really worry about parking them around town. They're unusual enough to be special but not so crazy exotic as to attract unwanted attention.
    www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Congrats Albert. I've had an 03 Boxster for awhile now and I love it. I do all the maintenance on my own (or sometimes with help from a friend), that is one of the major reasons I love the car. I've put over 40k miles on it in ~2 years with zero unexpected maintenance costs.
    The 2.7L engine has pushed me passed 140 with the top down on my way to Florida from NY (on empty highways in the middle of the night). It's a perfect daily driver if you don't need the extra seats.
    Enjoy the new ride

I was just thinking about how easy it is to use the transit system if you have an iPhone or the like. How many folks here find that it's the same?
    Quote Originally Posted by philip nod View Post
    somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Default 1971 Dunelt

Here was my daily rider. Now that I moved to SoCal that might change...

don't tell me you moved from nyc to l.a.

Quote Originally Posted by laughed View Post
    don't tell me you moved from nyc to l.a.
    Was working more in Denver > Mexico City > LA

Really tempted to snag one of these ...

do you already ride motorcycles? bmw are all kinds of sexy but i've heard that the vintage ones are nightmares mechanically.

Lamborghini gallardo spyder, color nero nemesis

its hard to find a good coat of matte paint...
    does it match with ur ccp diego? XD

Yeah, and alcantara interiors feel great through the invisiseam.

Quote Originally Posted by Diego View Post
    Love it D! Nothing like a blacked out supercar. Absolutely devastating.

Maybe in a few years I'll go for a blacked out GT3 like this techart GT3RS:

For now I'll roll in my all-black Cayman. Can't get fast enough on the highways anyways to push it let alone something that has even more pull and torque.
    www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Quote Originally Posted by Diego View Post
    awesome . sounds like a great combo

Quote Originally Posted by Chinorlz View Post

Maybe in a few years I'll go for a blacked out GT3 like this techart GT3RS:

i think that's a Techart GT Street R, based on the 997.1 Turbo cabriolet. a different animal than the GT3 / GT3RS, but still absolutely killer in its own right. all-black Cayman sounds nice!

on a side-note if anyone wants a blacked-out look i got a set of 19" black HRE 545R wheels that are just sitting in my garage (fits a Merc C/CLK)...will trade for CCP