Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MikeN
    • Nov 2007

is it actually going to open? i've heard conflicting reports.

Comment

• sshum88
      • Dec 2007

Any news on the Damir pop up store that was going to be an interim solution until the new space is ready?
      Originally posted by eat me
      If you can't see the work past the fucking taped seams , cold dye wash or raw hems - perhaps you shouldn't really be looking at all.

Comment

• BSR
        • Aug 2008

Originally posted by MikeNouveau View Post
        is it actually going to open? i've heard conflicting reports.
        what do you mean? kamille, rue saintonge, has opened a long time ago. maybe you think of another store...
        pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
        Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Don't remember the name, BSR, could be that. Run by some Russian kid I heard.

Sshum, Damir's space is at L'Eclaireur - don't remember which one.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• MaxM
            • Sep 2009

Its the one thats rue de sévigné

WTB : http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...ad.php?t=16112

Comment

• BSR
              • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
              Don't remember the name, BSR, could be that. Run by some Russian kid I heard.

Sshum, Damir's space is at L'Eclaireur - don't remember which one.
              Damir: actually it is a space on its own, but it's next to the rue de sévigné (women) store.

Kamille is run by Kamille, and is stocking among other things Lost&Found, Indy Sents, Forme d'Expression, and bits of MA+ (shoes/bags/wallets). It's a unisex store. Last time I've been there I did not stay long because of the music but some people might like it. And it is nice to have alternatives to l'Eclaireur for sure, Hadida's empire will collapse when he'll pass the power to his kids, I can feel that...
              pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
              Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• Johnny
                • Sep 2006

there's a damir doma shop going in next to cdg. is this old news?

Comment

• MikeN
                  • Nov 2007

BSR, I was replying to Faust's comment, not confirming that Kamille is the store I thought he was referring to. How long has Kamille been open? I've never heard of it.

Comment

• Wiggles
                    • Sep 2008

i saw kamille listed on indiv sent's website as their only french stockist, was planning on stopping by this weekend maybe. besides the music, was it a good stuff? even in the little amount of time i've been here, i have noticed the l'eclaireur chokehold, like you said, faust. definitely very strange coming from new york, where saturation is the key word.

took advice from this thread a few pages back and went to higuma for dinner tonight - fantastic. many thanks for the good recs, guys.

edit: also realized, anyone know of a good barber shop or somewhere i can get my hair cut?
                    Last edited by Wiggles; 09-22-2011, 06:30 PM.

Comment

• nictan
                      • Jul 2009

Sorry to dig up this old thread.

i'll be hitting paris on the 14th January. intending to stay for about 10days to 2 weeks. haven't really decided when i will leave. Will be going over to london after that, everything is pretty much free & easy since i have an open ticket.

looking for accommodation on parisattitude, looking to rent a small studio, will be staying alone.

just want to ask, how do the arrondissements differ? which are the ones to avoid or which ones are recommended? would prefer somewhere more authentic. don't want to end up smack in some 'chinatown' area.

thanks for any help in advance.

i did a quick search and i found the following 'to avoid' places. again, I'm not sure how true it is, would appreciate any help.

* HBM Aubervilliers (Paris 18)
                      * HBM Ménilmontant (Paris 20)
                      * La Goutte d'Or (Paris 18)

* Porte Saint Denis, Porte Saint Martin (Paris 10)
                      * Fontaine au Roi (Paris 11)
                      * Porte de Saint Ouen, Porte de Clichy (Paris 17)
                      * Porte de Montmartre (Paris 18)
                      * Curial, Cambrai, Alphonse Karr (Paris 19)
                      * Belleville (Paris 20)

edit: been reading some bad reviews about parisattitude. anyone knows or can recommend a site for accommodation renting? looking at apartofparis and parisperfect
                      Last edited by nictan; 12-18-2011, 02:28 AM.

Comment

• lowrey
                        ventiundici
                        • Dec 2006

I've used parisattitude and it worked fine. its just an agency, so everything depends on the apartment and who is actually renting it.

location, well, depends on how central you want to be?
                        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

lowrey will hook you up with some hooker-friendly areas.
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• lowrey
                            ventiundici
                            • Dec 2006

yessir. let me know if you prefer young or 60 and above. I can only help with the latter.
                            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• sshum88
                              • Dec 2007

I used Parisaddress for the 1st time this year and it was great. The other booking agency I've used is A La Carte Paris. The properties represented by both were accurate as to how they were described.

I'm sure everyone will have their favorite areas to stay in - I prefer to be central as I tend to walk everywhere or bike using Velib. I love the vibe of the Marais (3&4), which is where I end up. Friends of mine like St. Germain (6). 1&2 are nice as well but I've known less people who have stayed in apts in those arrondissments.

Originally posted by nictan View Post
                              Sorry to dig up this old thread.

i'll be hitting paris on the 14th January. intending to stay for about 10days to 2 weeks. haven't really decided when i will leave. Will be going over to london after that, everything is pretty much free & easy since i have an open ticket.

looking for accommodation on parisattitude, looking to rent a small studio, will be staying alone.

just want to ask, how do the arrondissements differ? which are the ones to avoid or which ones are recommended? would prefer somewhere more authentic. don't want to end up smack in some 'chinatown' area.

thanks for any help in advance.
                              Originally posted by eat me
                              If you can't see the work past the fucking taped seams , cold dye wash or raw hems - perhaps you shouldn't really be looking at all.

Comment

• MikeN
                                • Nov 2007

I've used basically all of them, but airbnb.com is now my go to. I always stay in the marais out of convenience and general never have any need to step foot in any of the outer circle arrondissements.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎