Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dropt
    • May 2009

If you're a stranger, it's even more complicated to find. Or you pay more.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

what the fuck? where am i supposed to stay now?
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• birdytg
        • Feb 2010

Hi! If I can help to the thread as I am living in Paris green suburb for yeeeeeaaaaaaaaarsssssssss, I know the french capital quite well....
        According to my personnal taste, I would say that the japanese restaurants to go are:
        - Guilo Guilo 8, Rue Garreau, 75018 Paris Ph:01 42 54 23 92 Owned by one of the greatest chef of Kyoto who recently decided to move to Paris : this is a gastronomic japanese restaurant - 8 courses for 45€
        - Momoka 5 Rue Jean-Baptiste Pigalle75009 Paris Ph:01 40 16 19 09
        Only 12 seats! - you need to make a reservation. It's typically a typical japaneese "family" cooking with numerous and various courses included into the Momoka formula - You don't choose, but it's soooooooo great, everything is so fresh and delicious! I think prices are 39€ and 49€, but honestly quality and quantity really worth the price! Was awarded best foreign restaurant in Paris like 2 or 3 years ago but still a very confidential address! Welcome is unfortunately not the best but I guess this is because the lady is very shy...but nothing bad, just a bit cold....

Otherwise if it can help, I could have a big one room flat (30M2) with american kitchen and bathroom to rent in Paris 5ème arrondissement...very nice, quiet and comfortable, as new, close to Le Jardin des Plantes...from now until August 21st....contact me if you need, price will be reasonnable, especially for SZ community people!
        http://www.mypixeldiary.com
        http://www.birdytg.com
        www.birdytg.blogspot.fr
        http://www.facebook.com/birdy.tg
        http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mypixeldiary

Comment

• Venus in Furs
          Banned
          • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post
          Guys, don't forget that you are renting to live there, not staying for a one month vacation. This is different.
          I got a new job in Paris, I'll be there indefinitely. I managed to find a place for about 600 euro per month.

Comment

• david s
            • Jul 2010

Heading to Paris in a couple of weeks for 3 weeks. Haven't been back since winter.

Anyone know of anything new that is worth checking out (restaurant, museum, bookstores, shopping, etc)

merci pour les infos...!
            It's absolutely Hedious!
            shy poser

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

So, what's going here now?
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mike
                • Dec 2006

can anybody recommend some affordable places to stay?

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

What's affordable? Just rent one of those tiny studios and be done with it.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Lisa
                    • Feb 2010

long time no see...

a friend of mine is moving to paris. She'll stay there for about six months.
                    So if someone needs a housesitter, or knows someone who wants to subrent his place, i would be very happy to hear from you.

the budget is 600 euro-ish, she's a nice and sweet young, pretty french/german gal with good manors

thank you!
                    Lisa.

Comment

• Wiggles
                      • Sep 2008

wanted to give reviving this thread another shot. i just got to paris a few weeks ago for study abroad, and i was reading through this and the old paris thread for recommendations on what to do/see/eat/etc here, but i've run into quite a few things that have closed since they were posted here.

any more up to date recommendations? i'm open to pretty much anything you've got to throw at me, but i'm especially interested in food (all sorts), shopping, museums, music, etc. thanks in advance!

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Bob's Kitchen is a fantastic vegetarian place for lunch.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Calimero
                          • Jul 2010

At les Arts Décoratif (near Le louvre) there is an exhibition of Hussein Chalayan. The exhibition will stop in november.

Comment

• Wiggles
                            • Sep 2008

thanks, guys. i saw an ad for the chalayan exhibit the other day, knew i'd have to see it. been browsing all the old paris threads and shopping threads, but doesn't really seem like stores have been updated in a while. anywhere new i should know about? also looking for somewhere stocking more japanese designers, but so far no luck. maybe someone knows a place?

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Well, CdG and Yohji have dedicated boutiques. Since L'Eclaireur has a chokehold on independent Paris retail, the whole scene is fucked.

Although I hear there is a new little store opening in the Marais, but don't remember the name.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• BSR
                                • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                                Although I hear there is a new little store opening in the Marais, but don't remember the name.
                                kamille?
                                pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
                                Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎