Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415

Thread: Paris, a new thread

Will be in Paris for a week in late November. Any recommendations will be greatly appreciated.

I'll also be hitting up Antwerp and Amsterdam for a couple days.

I should finally write a Paris guide. But I'll write one for Moscow first.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Spending Christmas through New Years in Paris with my better half for my first trip to France. I'm pleased to say We have the major eats, shops , must-see's, and SZ pilgrimage destinations accounted for. Thank you guys, this thread and the previous paris thread has given me more than a few recommendations I will be checking out during our visit.

Are there any small museums/archives off the beaten track one would recommend? I am very open-minded as long as it is not kitschy or cheesy.

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    I should finally write a Paris guide. But I'll write one for Moscow first.
    Still waiting for this! Loved the guides on Tokyo and Moscow.

Do you guys know the green walk (Promenade Plantee) in Paris between Bastille and Vincennes?

"Paris has some of Europe’s most beautiful parks but for something different search out the Promenade Plantée. It’s a magical, green stroll 10 metres above the street, which begins at the Bastille and winds through the 12th arrondissement for three miles, coming out before the Bois de Vincennes.

When a long-abandoned mid-19th century viaduct was converted into the world’s first elevated park walkway in 1993, most locals thought it a waste of money. Parisians needed time to take a project like this to heart, but now the Promenade is a cherished landmark."

/\ Sick! Will need to research this further.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine