Thread: Paris, a new thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Paris, a new thread

Seeing as there is no active Paris thread and I'm heading there tomorrow for a while, I figure its time to open one up.

Recommendations of all types welcome.
    Last edited by Raw Edge; 11-28-2011 at 08:15 PM.

bump.
    threadfail?
    should i have put this in another category

apparently los angelites are friendlier than parisians

It depends on what you're looking for really, and where you're staying
    sorry, unhelpful

Blame European ennui, the Parisians must be following DES esseinteses footsteps in private decadence, so you'll have to discover Paris on your own.
    Quote Originally Posted by interest1 View Post
    I'm pulling you off my friends list if you don't put down the vodka.

it's not clear to me whether you already had a look at this
    but here's a link to the old thread, some good stuff in there.
    ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Quote Originally Posted by galia View Post
    apparently los angelites are friendlier than parisians
    Never been to LA but I bet this is true. Maybe the rest of France is friendlier but nobody in my apartment reciprocates when I greet them.

Maybe I just don't understand big city "bubble" mentality?

Anyways, where can I get some good real pizza for around 10 euros or under (not including drinks) range? I'm in the 11eme, BTW
    Last edited by CommieRabbit; 01-02-2010 at 10:47 AM.

You just live with very rude people, everyone I know at least greets their house/work/bar mates on a regular basis

for pizza I'm not sure... try to go by the look of the place I guess. I know a decent pizzeria in my neighbourhood, but it's a bit far from you

Quote Originally Posted by galia View Post
    You just live with very rude people, everyone I know at least greets their house/work/bar mates on a regular basis

for pizza I'm not sure... try to go by the look of the place I guess. I know a decent pizzeria in my neighbourhood, but it's a bit far from you
    Sicilian or American or Roman? (Pizza)
    Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
    http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Default Paris Proposal

Sooo, im heading to Paris with the lady friend and planning on asking her to marry me. I need some help from you guys.

1. Do you have any good ideas on how to pop the question. As you can imagine shes an artsy girl, loves flowers and pretty things.

2. Do you know of any cute parks something with flowers and private where we can have a picnic around sunset.

3. Anything else you want to add to this, ive got pretty much nothing here and the pressure of planning this is killing me.

Thanks guys.

Don't do it!!!

Just kidding.

Jardin du Luxembourg is your place, I suppose. Will be crowded on the weekend (as everything else will, for that matter). Or Place des Vosges.

If you want to be extra cheesy, take a lock with you, write both of your names and go to Pont des Arts. Hey, sometimes cheesy things are nice.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Or u can break in to the tuileries at night/evening when its closed its kinda cool

A guy I know here did the cheesiest thing and proposed in the Eiffel tower. But he had no ring, didn´t kneel down, nothing. I´m guessing he did to be the guy in this city in the middle of nowhere to have popped the question like that.