Let's do another one soon!
    Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
    http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• lowrey
      ventiundici
      • Dec 2006

yes, round 2?
      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• theaddict
        • Apr 2008

what about cockroach round 2?
        Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• galia
          • Jun 2009

I would like to strongly recommend that anyone who has the time visit the Musee de la Chasse on rue des archives. It's in le marais and it is amazing if you like cabinet de curiosites type of things

Comment

• hobo
            • Jul 2009

Round 2!
            "I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying." — Oscar Wilde

Comment

• Raw Edge
              • Jan 2008

about to try couscous in paris. was recommended both 404 and chez omar. probably trying omar tomorrow

Comment

• Raw Edge
                • Jan 2008

chez omar is kind of bleh, ditto most couscous here so far.

Ze Kitchen Gallerie is pretty damn good though, if you're looking for some next level.

Comment

• munch
                  • Aug 2008

sorry for bringing up this semi-old thread, but do you guys reckon there is a possibility to learn french 1 year in france, and then apply to a university in france? just checking out the possibilities, but I can't find any good info on it and we have a few parisisisians here if I've not been fooled?

but paris is damn expensive to live in, would student life in paris suck because of the economy? :D

cheers and thanks in advance

Comment

• MaxM
                    • Sep 2009

The school system is very different than in most other countries, you might wanna check on that too.
                    What are you studying/What do you want to study?

WTB : http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...ad.php?t=16112

Comment

• munch
                      • Aug 2008

I'm not studying anything at the moment, things didn't go as planned last year so I took a year off to try to find some work and perhaps think a bit of what I really want to do. at first I was thinking of economics, but I'm not sure that's what I'd see myself doing the rest of my life. so actually I'm not sure yet, but I do love technology and from what I've read, paris has a great tech university. can't remember the name of it though :| but since I have quite some time to think of what I want to do... I'm checking up all interesting alternatives now when I have the time.

Comment

• MaxM
                        • Sep 2009

Well basically it depends if you want to work in France later or not.
                        If so, the way to go is to study at a business or engineering school (in your case), since universities are pretty much considered lower level (in France), at least if you are not studying something very specific.
                        Most of these schools need you to pass an exam, but i think you can apply as a foreigner and i guess you would be more likely to get in if you apply as such.

As for universities, they have to accept anyone (though i don't know how it works for foreigners, anyway it is way easier to get in than in 'schools' because universities are not supposed to select the students).

edit: if you absolutely want to study in Paris (in the city), you probably will have to go with a university since most schools are located outside of Paris because of their big(ger) campus.

Comment

• MaxM
                          • Sep 2009

In both cases, moving to France to learn French seems to be a good idea since universities and schools ask for a certain grade at french tests.

Comment

• munch
                            • Aug 2008

I don't mind studying a bit outside the city, or even in another city, if I happen to like it there. I'll just have to see for myself, which I'm hoping to do soon (autumn)

I honestly had no idea that you separated schools/universities like that. university/"high school" is the highest in here it seems. but not highschool like in the US, it's on the same level as gymnasium here in sweden.
                            but language wise, do you need some kind of french language certificate to actually study all french courses, and not english/internationally?
                            or do you believe there are enough english only programs?

well it does seem I have a lot of research to do!

thanks a lot for the answers

edit: oh, I got a question answered before even asking it :)

Comment

• munch
                              • Aug 2008

well, if I understood it correctly, there is a possibility to get student grants/student loans from the swedish Central Study Committee (I think that would be an accepted english translation?) for studying languages in another country, and taking student loans is something you'll have to do if you're not filthy rich to study and not live at home. or get a job while studying, but that's not something you can take for granted.
                              I think being surrounded by lots of people speaking the language really helps when learning it

I'll have a look at that test, sounds like I have a goal to reach!

thanks

Comment

• MaxM
                                • Sep 2009

Well spending one year in France will really get you fluent. I was at an international high school and we had foreign students coming regularly. After one year most of them were fluent, or very comfortable with French.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎