Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • unwashed
    • Dec 2008

And what about perfume shops... best to go to departments stores like Galeries Lafayette or are there some nice smaller shops worth visiting?
    Grailed link

Comment

• Ahimsa
      Vegan Police
      • Sep 2011

Tonight is the opening of a Joseph Beuys portrait exhibition, also with original works by him at Rouge 58 gallery, 51 Rue de Paradis, 75010, Paris. It lasts until April 3.
      StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• unwashed
        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Dropt View Post
        Try airbnb, you could probably find somewhere to rent for 50 euros/night, and it might be a better experience than a crap hotel.

VOID recently opened in Le marais, I was at the opening night and it sounds like quite a nice place.
        Excellent tips. Did make use of airbnb and will do in the future!

Also VOID is now one of my favorite places in Paris. Super friendly owner and personnel. Awesome stock and brands! Also the store is set up very nicely.

Didn't had time to visit Ma Cocotte, instead we went to a typical Brasserie and had bad experiences with the oysters. I'm still sick of it . Now I wish we would have gone to Ma Cocotte.
        Grailed link

Comment

• Rootlesstrees
          • Jan 2012

Paris Proposal

Sooo, im heading to Paris with the lady friend and planning on asking her to marry me. I need some help from you guys.

1. Do you have any good ideas on how to pop the question. As you can imagine shes an artsy girl, loves flowers and pretty things.

2. Do you know of any cute parks something with flowers and private where we can have a picnic around sunset.

3. Anything else you want to add to this, ive got pretty much nothing here and the pressure of planning this is killing me.

Thanks guys.

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Don't do it!!!

Just kidding.

Jardin du Luxembourg is your place, I suppose. Will be crowded on the weekend (as everything else will, for that matter). Or Place des Vosges.

If you want to be extra cheesy, take a lock with you, write both of your names and go to Pont des Arts. Hey, sometimes cheesy things are nice.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• MaxM
              • Sep 2009

Or u can break in to the tuileries at night/evening when its closed its kinda cool

WTB : http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...ad.php?t=16112

Comment

• Resonkuken
                • Oct 2012

A guy I know here did the cheesiest thing and proposed in the Eiffel tower. But he had no ring, didn´t kneel down, nothing. I´m guessing he did to be the guy in this city in the middle of nowhere to have popped the question like that.

Comment

• galia
                  • Jun 2009

Originally posted by unwashed View Post
                  And what about perfume shops... best to go to departments stores like Galeries Lafayette or are there some nice smaller shops worth visiting?
                  Dunno if this is too late, but I recommend "Jovoy - parfums rares" on rue de Castiglione. You can find rare things there, exclusives that aren't available anywhere else in France (sometimes even worldwide). The store looks amazing and the staff is usually competent and helpful.

Comment

• kunk75
                    Banned
                    • May 2008

Going to Cannes, what should I do?

Comment

• Hazelburn
                      • Aug 2012

Originally posted by kunk75 View Post
                      Going to Cannes, what should I do?
                      IF you're going for the film market, there's plenty to do.
                      Otherwise it's a city to avoid.

Trust me I was born there.

Comment

• MikeN
                        • Nov 2007

I'll be there for the Film Festival if that's when you're going. Go eat at Le Maschou.

Comment

• kunk75
                          Banned
                          • May 2008

i'm going for the lions/advertising week, june 17-22

Comment

• Gill
                            • Dec 2009

Anyone loving pastries should try Carl Marletti, one of the best lemon tart in Paris. Used to live next to... Hard temptation !

link : http://www.carlmarletti.com/

Comment

• Shifts
                              • Jul 2013

Originally posted by galia View Post
                              Dunno if this is too late, but I recommend "Jovoy - parfums rares" on rue de Castiglione. You can find rare things there, exclusives that aren't available anywhere else in France (sometimes even worldwide). The store looks amazing and the staff is usually competent and helpful.
                              Now I'm sure this comes too late, but I second Jovoy even though I haven't had the best customer service there. They just didn't seem that interested in me. It is still a good shop and they weren't rude and the selection is great.

Other suggestions are:
                              Marie Antoinette at Place du marché Sainte Catherine, 5 rue d'Ormesson
                              Nose at 20 rue Bachaumont
                              Sens Unique at 13 rue du Roi de Sicile

Comment

• VonStraap
                                • Nov 2010

Heading to Paris in a week for a week and all tips for points of interest are very welcome.. Especially cafes, not-too-expensive restaurants, galleries and shops (in addition to obvious ones).

Also, does anybody know if the VOID is still alive?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎