Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Paris, a new thread

Default Paris, a new thread

Seeing as there is no active Paris thread and I'm heading there tomorrow for a while, I figure its time to open one up.

Recommendations of all types welcome.
    Last edited by Raw Edge; 11-28-2011 at 08:15 PM.

bump.
    threadfail?
    should i have put this in another category

apparently los angelites are friendlier than parisians

It depends on what you're looking for really, and where you're staying
    sorry, unhelpful

Blame European ennui, the Parisians must be following DES esseinteses footsteps in private decadence, so you'll have to discover Paris on your own.
    Quote Originally Posted by interest1 View Post
    I'm pulling you off my friends list if you don't put down the vodka.

it's not clear to me whether you already had a look at this
    but here's a link to the old thread, some good stuff in there.
    ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Quote Originally Posted by galia View Post
    apparently los angelites are friendlier than parisians
    Never been to LA but I bet this is true. Maybe the rest of France is friendlier but nobody in my apartment reciprocates when I greet them.

Maybe I just don't understand big city "bubble" mentality?

Anyways, where can I get some good real pizza for around 10 euros or under (not including drinks) range? I'm in the 11eme, BTW
    Last edited by CommieRabbit; 01-02-2010 at 10:47 AM.

You just live with very rude people, everyone I know at least greets their house/work/bar mates on a regular basis

for pizza I'm not sure... try to go by the look of the place I guess. I know a decent pizzeria in my neighbourhood, but it's a bit far from you

Quote Originally Posted by galia View Post
    You just live with very rude people, everyone I know at least greets their house/work/bar mates on a regular basis

for pizza I'm not sure... try to go by the look of the place I guess. I know a decent pizzeria in my neighbourhood, but it's a bit far from you
    Sicilian or American or Roman? (Pizza)
    Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
    http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Was in Paris for the first time last year and I thought the parisians were very friendly and polite. More so than in most places.

xxxxx
    Last edited by Dropt; 09-09-2012 at 04:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuuma View Post
    Sicilian or American or Roman? (Pizza)
    I have no clue, I'm really not much of a pizza person. It's not pizza-hut puffy and not super thin crispy, more somewhere in between. I can't be more precise since I haven't eaten there since I moved in, it just came highly recomended so I ate there once, before all my stuff was unpacked

Thanks for this- the scoute article is cool-
    but surely a thread on "paris and london shops" isnt exactly much compared to whole threads about the food, drink, etc in a city?

Anyway, I've been here a while, around san german des pres, les halles, and l'opera- some place I've liked already are:
    Chez Denise- great food etc, communal atmosphere, late
    Le Societe- funny "fashion" place- Matriarch of the Rick empire sitting next to me in full regalia
    Comptoir de Relais- great lunch place near Odeon
    Le Montana- was a good place to go drink and hear a room full of french speakers each assume the other was American and then figure out slowly that each had a french accent. If you like some kind of scene, I guess this is the place.
    Au Chateau- Wine tasting in ancient cave, no tourist bs, real good (if you like wine)

The Rick store here was small and empty.
    People at the 'lab' branch of L'eclaureur were incredibly nice. but the store never goes on sale? even on stuff from 2004?!?
    Otherwise city is beautiful, etc etc, hope this contributes anything at all worthwhile to anyone.
    no idea where to get pizza.

EDIT: PS The other thread is from 2007.

Les Tois Maillets at the corner of Rue Galande and Rue St Jacques in the 5th. Fantastic live music. Musicians 'sing for their supper' and they are amazing! Live cabaret downstairs. Reasonable food etc.
    "I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying." — Oscar Wilde

the best chinese duck in Paris is also on rue Saint Jacques, but I don't remember the number. It's slightly below the boulevard saint michel on the right-hand side when walking towards the river. it looks completely gross from the outside, but it's excellent ans very cheap

Not far from there, super cute and excellent quiche place: la fourmi ailée, 8 r Fouarre also in the 5th, close to the garden of Saint Julien le Pauvre church (oldest and only remaining romanesque church in Paris if I remember correctly, apparently the oldest tree in Paris is also in that garden. it's right next to the shakespeare & co bookstore)

there, I helped

Oh oh oh, speaking of chinese, I found this delightful little chinese noodle place that makes dishes for cheap (they make the noodles on the spot for each order) and it's awesome. It's near the marais. I had christmas dinner there when I was terribly hungover. Reminds of Toronto

http://happynouilles.com/

I love Robert et Louise on vielle du temple for a big steak cooked in front of you.

La Perle to start the night, Baron or Montana to end it.

Chez Janou, Au Petit Fer a Cheval, Hotel Amour, Hotel Costes, Cafe Ruc are some places I love for food.

Rue St Anne for Japanese, Rue Volta for Chinese

I've never been to robert & louise. Am curious, will check out soon

also, Mike, what was the adress of that taylor you mentioned once that was in some way associated with Lanvin I think? (might as well diversify the thread)

Rue de Surene in the 8eme. Don't remember his name.

Quote Originally Posted by Lou View Post
    "Salon de thé": Jaques Genin
    133 rue de Turenne, 11ème
    Really expensive
    around 15 euros for a hot chocolate and a pastry, mais dieu que c'est bon.
    c'est le 3eme, en fait