Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jtothewhat
    • Oct 2014

Thank-you so much everyone for your suggestions! This is extremely helpful.

Comment

• Mattiassa
      • Dec 2014

Summer 2016, going to Paris 8th of july until 11th of july. Just a weekend.

Does anyone have recommendations for certain exhibitions? Concerts or club nights not to miss? Or anything else?

Thanks.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

I just saw the Josef Sudek exhibit and I loved it.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Mattiassa
          • Dec 2014

Originally posted by Faust View Post
          I just saw the Josef Sudek exhibit and I loved it.

Thanks for the tip.

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Soetjipto
            Hi…

Will be in Paris soon(end of the year) with my partner… any recommendation boutique hotel with Zeitgeist taste? Budget $65 - $100/ night prefer with balcony/terrace in parisian neighborhood.

THX
            No such thing. Try AirBnb.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Nickefuge
              • Nov 2014

Looking for the same thing but more flexible money-wise. Any recommendations?
              Also open to nice Airbnbs (thinking of architects’ apartments).
              "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
              -Paris Hilton

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Nickefuge View Post
                Looking for the same thing but more flexible money-wise. Any recommendations?
                Also open to nice Airbnbs (thinking of architects’ apartments).
                The 2nd on the border with Marais seems to be the new hip hotel area. There is the Hoxton, Arts et Metier, Le Bains, etc. Not the most scenic quarter, but lots of great food.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Nickefuge
                  • Nov 2014

Thanks for the suggestions, will keep them in my travel folder. Unfortunately, the rates are up for the time we’re going to Paris. We’ve decided on a nice AirBnB that’s right around the corner of Palais de Tokyo.
                  I’ve curated a small list of AirBnBs with nice interior taste – I could make it public if anyone’s interested.
                  Maybe we could start collecting these for more destinations. No one wants to stay at an Ikea flat.
                  @Faust: A printed SZ travel guide could be a cool follow-up for the magazine, just saying’ …
                  "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
                  -Paris Hilton

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Nickefuge View Post
                    Thanks for the suggestions, will keep them in my travel folder. Unfortunately, the rates are up for the time we’re going to Paris. We’ve decided on a nice AirBnB that’s right around the corner of Palais de Tokyo.
                    I’ve curated a small list of AirBnBs with nice interior taste – I could make it public if anyone’s interested.
                    Maybe we could start collecting these for more destinations. No one wants to stay at an Ikea flat.
                    @Faust: A printed SZ travel guide could be a cool follow-up for the magazine, just saying’ …
                    I think we should publish a Paris guide, finally, at least online. I just think this space is so crowded now. Even Cereal magazine has guides now. Would definitely be glad to see your AirBnb list.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Nickefuge
                      • Nov 2014

I think we should publish a Paris guide, finally, at least online. I just think this space is so crowded now. Even Cereal magazine has guides now. Would definitely be glad to see your AirBnb list.
                      This is it

It’s not all 100% my taste but I think there are some gems in it, especially considering the rates they go for.
                      -Paris Hilton

Comment

• Sufi
                        • Jan 2017

Will be in Paris for a week in late November. Any recommendations will be greatly appreciated.

I'll also be hitting up Antwerp and Amsterdam for a couple days.

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

I should finally write a Paris guide. But I'll write one for Moscow first.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• SafetyKat
                            • Aug 2014

Spending Christmas through New Years in Paris with my better half for my first trip to France. I'm pleased to say We have the major eats, shops , must-see's, and SZ pilgrimage destinations accounted for. Thank you guys, this thread and the previous paris thread has given me more than a few recommendations I will be checking out during our visit.

Are there any small museums/archives off the beaten track one would recommend? I am very open-minded as long as it is not kitschy or cheesy.

Comment

• Sufi
                              • Jan 2017

I should finally write a Paris guide. But I'll write one for Moscow first.
                              Still waiting for this! Loved the guides on Tokyo and Moscow.

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

/\ Sick! Will need to research this further.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎