X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Let's hear some recommendations then :-)
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• galia
      • Jun 2009

although there are some excellent fish restaurants that do bouillabaisse. I don't like it so I don't eat there, but should be easy to find. Very easy to find amazing oysters, Wepler on Place de Clichy is good, Chez Regis near metro Mabillon, Bofinger near Bastille. Actually Bofinger might be a good option for fish, never eaten it there personally but the people I've seen eating some seemed satisfied.

Comment

• franz
        • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Faust View Post
        Let's hear some recommendations then :-)
        "La MƩditerranƩe" (2 place de l'Odeon, 6th arrondissement) is well know for sea food & fishes.

Then you have "L'Ecaille de la Mascotte" (52, rue des Abbesses, 18th arrondissement)

"L'Ecailler du Bistrot" (22 rue Paul Bert, in the 11th)

And if you like oysters, "HuƮtrerie RƩgis" (3, rue de Montfaucon in the 6th)
        Originally posted by Faust
        True story. Dude walks into Hostem, looks around, says, "I like how you took this whole All Saints thing and ran with it."

Comment

• endersgame
          • Aug 2009

Paris Photo, the huge photo arts fair is at the Grand Palais from November 15-18..

Comment

• jskidder1
            • Jan 2011

Off to Paris for a week this evening. Are there any current BBS stockists in the city other than L'Eclaireur?

Comment

• BSR
              • Aug 2008

Originally posted by jskidder1 View Post
              Off to Paris for a week this evening. Are there any current BBS stockists in the city other than L'Eclaireur?
              not that i know of
              pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
              Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Kookaboora is amazing. Cafeotheque sucked.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by franz View Post
                  "La MƩditerranƩe" (2 place de l'Odeon, 6th arrondissement) is well know for sea food & fishes.

Then you have "L'Ecaille de la Mascotte" (52, rue des Abbesses, 18th arrondissement)

"L'Ecailler du Bistrot" (22 rue Paul Bert, in the 11th)

And if you like oysters, "HuƮtrerie RƩgis" (3, rue de Montfaucon in the 6th)
                  Huitrerie Regis may be one of my very favorite restaurants in the world. So simple and clean. Oysters, boiled shrimp, beautiful wines and the occasional apple tart. That's all you need. They keep everything ultra fresh and no frills. In a land of "more is better" sometimes simple and perfect trumps all.
                  www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• galia
                    • Jun 2009

I recommended it a few posts above. It is one of my favourite restaurants.

Comment

• unwashed
                      • Dec 2008

I'm going to Paris by car for couple of days and I need a cheap place to stay for two days with a parking area. Thinking about 50 euro a night for something basic. It only has to have a bed/shower.

I can use booking.com, but if there are any recommendations near the centre or near metro/train statons they're welcome

Any new stores popped that up in the last two years worth visiting?

And for places to eat I could use some recommendations as well. No particulair preference for fish/meat etc. I can eat almost everything

I've tried the big fishbowl at Bofinger btw and never eaten a dish like this before, but it was quite nice except for seasnails which are truly disgusting
                      Grailed link

Comment

• Dropt
                        • May 2009

Try airbnb, you could probably find somewhere to rent for 50 euros/night, and it might be a better experience than a crap hotel.

VOID recently opened in Le marais, I was at the opening night and it sounds like quite a nice place.

Comment

• unwashed
                          • Dec 2008

Didn't know this site.

Also gonna check out VOID, thanks
                          Grailed link

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Since you have a car, maybe you can check out Ma Cocotte.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• unwashed
                              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                              Since you have a car, maybe you can check out Ma Cocotte.
                              I could go by train but it's usually booked except the steep priceranges are left. By car it's a 5,5 hour drive from Holland, so easy to do.

Thanks for the tip, will have a look at it. Reviews are good as in not great and not bad.

DonĀ“t know what to make of this review:
                              Hipsters in Paris are flocking to the remote suburb of Saint-Ouen to dine at Ma Cocotte
                              Grailed link

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Gotta do it once I suppose. Could be crap or could be good.
                                Williamsburg is full of hipsters too, but right now the culinary scene there is unrivaled.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎