Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dreavan
    • Mar 2012

Yes VOID is still open in "Rue des Haudriettes" in the 3rd arondissement.

Comment

• VonStraap
      • Nov 2010

Excellent, thanks for notice. Need to pay them a visit.

Comment

• Simari
        • Aug 2013

My only regret about Paris was I only got to stay for a day and two nights. I loved this city. We ate at this amazing little kebab shop, hey it was late and we were looking for cheap, the first night. Pizza was a dream. The next day we had dinner at Hard Rock because my flat mate has this goal to go to all of them. It was alright, but would have preferred something else. Maybe next time.

Comment

• Tafkap
          • Oct 2006

I'm going to Italy to see the Rudolf Stingel exhibit in December and will have a few more weeks to have fun. I'm planning on visiting Paris for the first time.. I know, it's sad that I have never been. Is it all it's cracked up to be? I ask because I am trying to squeeze in a couple more cities and am preplanning and booking on airbnb. I've read that it is quite small, and I have always imagined it being an amazing city.....but can it be in such a small dose?!
          My favorite city is New York and I while I know it isn't New York, is it even an East Village?! In other words, is it worth the travel time or should I look elsewhere to Berlin?

Comment

• Shifts
            • Jul 2013

Tafkap

Impossible to say what you will appreciate, but if you are looking for Easy Village in Europe, I don't think Paris should be your top pick.

/The guy who soon goes back to Paris for the 4th time in 12 months.

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Tafkap View Post
              I'm going to Italy to see the Rudolf Stingel exhibit in December and will have a few more weeks to have fun. I'm planning on visiting Paris for the first time.. I know, it's sad that I have never been. Is it all it's cracked up to be? I ask because I am trying to squeeze in a couple more cities and am preplanning and booking on airbnb. I've read that it is quite small, and I have always imagined it being an amazing city.....but can it be in such a small dose?!
              My favorite city is New York and I while I know it isn't New York, is it even an East Village?! In other words, is it worth the travel time or should I look elsewhere to Berlin?
              You have never been to one of the most beautiful and historically rich cities in the world and you are asking if its worth a visit? come on, man. Get your damn ticket.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• boomslang20117@
                • Sep 2006

Dinner: frenchie
                Inventive, contemporary cuisine. Book. Now with a take out satellite frenchie to go.
                5 rue du nil, 75002
                +33140399619.

Le Châteaubriand
                No. 18 on theworlds50best list 2013. 2nd best restaurant in Paris behind L’Arpège (No.16). Inventive ‘bistronomie’. Reservation needed. Dinner menu changes daily. Fixed price menu at 60EU. With wine pair for another 60EU.
                129 ave parmentier 75011
                +33 1 43 57 45 95

Club:
                social club
                142 rue montmartre, 75002

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Frenchie is on my list for next time I'm in Paris.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Tafkap
                    • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                    You have never been to one of the most beautiful and historically rich cities in the world and you are asking if its worth a visit? come on, man. Get your damn ticket.
                    well, i'm glad to report that paris is my first stop! I got my passport much sooner than i expected (2 weeks, normal delivery, #nice) -
                    i'm most likely leaving this wednesday...going to do final airbnb and possibly hostel prep tonight....
                    any advice for a newbie? best hoods (for airbnb browsing) and really a cheap place to grab libations?
                    sadly, i wasn't expecting this so soon, not that i'm complaining, but my french is terrible so i'll be really studying until then...

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Forget airbnb. There are much better websites. Airbnb = inflated prices + living in someone else's apartment while they are away for the week.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Tafkap
                        • Oct 2006

do tell...

Comment

• OliverG
                          Banned
                          • Sep 2013

Originally posted by Tafkap View Post
                          Paris isn't small by any means. I'm from Chicago and I would compare it to that (for size only of course). If its your first time there, you'll have a hard time sussing out the good places, except of course for this amazing thread. Also, it's Worth saying that when you are in a "local" "cool" neighborhood in Paris (anywhere in France for that matter), you'll be treated as an outside, because you are one. The French culture has a bit of a 'carapace' that takes time to get past (unless you are just an Eiffel-tower-tourist, then it doesn't matter).

I think your idea about Berlin is a better one. You'll find a way more groovy and accessible scene. Berlin is where its at right now. Fo realz.

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Anyone from Paris traveling to NYC this weekend or next week and have room in your luggage, I will love you forever and buy you lunch.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Anomie
                              • Jan 2011

I will be in Paris 11/27 - 12/2. Looking for recommendations for art exhibits/galleries and live music.

Faust - Timing is most likely too late but if I can help just let me know.

Comment

• byhand
                                • Dec 2011

Going to Paris for three months. Any tips on furnished apartment rentals by the month?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎